Have you ever had to do a drug test

@sacmom (14315)
and you just couldn't go? I had a job interview yesterday. Actually it was more of a job offer (a drug test was required at this point). However, when I got to the doctor's office that does them...well, I just couldn't go. I ended up drinking a bottle of water while I was in the waiting room and nothing. The receptionist offered for me to go run some errands...I guess she thought that would help. I didn't do that, but I did walk around outside for a little while and still nothing. So I went back to my car and got another bottle of water to drink. And guess what? I still didn't have to go. Needless to say it was getting a bit frustrating. All I wanted to do was take this darn test so I could be on my way, and yet I did not have to go. UGH! I decided to go to Subway (there happened to be one next door) and I had some soup. Had just about all of it too. Then I walked around a bit more when suddenly, I had to go! FINALLY! When I went back to the doctors office a different receptionist was there. I guess I had taken longer than I thought. Oh well, at least the test got done. If all goes well, I should be starting my new job come Tuesday...so long as that soup wasn't tainted with drugs, that is... So, what about you? Have you ever had to do a drug test and you just couldn't go? Or were you able to go with no problem?
@AdalieM (1135)
One of the reasons why I don't like urine tests is because I get so nervous and I can't pee. I have had a couple of test done when I was a Security Officer, the good thing was that they were not urine tests, they did a saliva test. I think it was way better than having to drink lots of water before going into the office to get the test done.
@sacmom (14315)
Well I certainly wasn't nervous. I just made the mistake of going before I left home for my interview... Happy mylotting!
I kind of had that problem in my last job. I showed up and gave the urine test, but it wasn't enough. So they sent me to the waiting room where they had one of those water jugs and told me to drink as much as I could. There were other girls in the waiting room and when they saw what I was doing and why, they started drinking the water too. They were afraid they weren't going to have to "go" as much as the test would require. Good luck in your new job!
@sacmom (14315)
I didn't have that problem once I was able to go. I was able to go plenty enough! LOL Thanks Amber!
@Shar19 (8236)
I have never had that problem before with a urine test for the doctors. I guess because I'm always drinking a lot of water during the day anyway. Now my kids have had trouble through the years trying to "go" while at the doctor's office. I think mostly because young kids get nervous and can't just go on the spot.
@sacmom (14315)
Well I certainly wasn't nervous. My problem was that I made the mistake of going before I left home. LOL Happy mylotting!
That's too funny...lol...I've had that same problem before. I was getting promoted to an Asst. Manager position. They handed me the paper work to go get tested (again) after work THAT day. I punched out for the day and used the bathroom before I left. OOPS....I totally forgot that I was on my way to be tested!!! I get to the clinic and couldn't pee for anything! They told me to drink some water.....That didn't help. I'm sitting there with a roomful of men, which made it a lil more uncomfortable for me. I called my boss and told her what's going on. She laughed and told me to forget about it...I can take the test another day. What a relief! I ran like hell, outta there...lol....I never went back. I got the position without another test.
@sacmom (14315)
Hahaha! That is too funny! I probably would have wanted to do the same. Fortunately for me, there wasn't a roomful of men there. It was pretty much empty other than a couple of people. Unfortunately for me, I only had a 24 hour window to get the test done. And it had to be done or else I wouldn't get the chance to be hired. As I was already there I figured I might as well stick it out. One thing's for certain. I sure as heck didn't want to go back and do it all over again! LOL Happy mylotting!
No, I always need to go. A blessing and a curse I guess. It is funny to read, but I am sure that it is not funny to you. Good luck with that new job.
@katcarneo (1433)
I'm like this, too! So I've never had any problems with tests requiring urine samples. I'd drink something, wait a while, then I'd have to go. Maybe it's because I just trained myself to drink lots of water. I talk for a living so I drink a lot and whenever I have just finished urinating I would immediately drink one tumbler of water bottoms-up. Only this is a problem when I travel, or when I watch a movie.
@sacmom (14315)
Thanks Gerty. Actually I did find it funny. If I hadn't I wouldn't have started the discussion! LOL Happy mylotting!
Laughter helps a lot of things.
@walijo2008 (4647)
No, I've never had to take one but that would probably happen to me too. It seems like I always have to go but if I had to do something important as that, I'd be waiting all day...lol
@sacmom (14315)
@djbtol (5498)
I cannot think of a specific time, but that must have been a challenge for you. First we are embarrassed, then we just get annoyed. So unfortunate it was tied to a job interview. Can you imagine reading a job description that says you must pee in a cup, on demand! Hope it all works out for you.
@sacmom (14315)
Thank you djbtol!
@ifa225 (11098)
Hi sacmom, congratulations, i hope you can grab that job immediately. i go to the doctor and she examined all of my ability and my body the result is 8 of 10
@sacmom (14315)
Thanks, but the job didn't work out.
@ifa225 (11098)
ouh..so sorry i hope you can get another one
@sacmom (14315)
That's okay. Actually I already have another one. However, it's only part-time, that's why I was trying to get this job. I just hope it goes full-time and soon...
@nijolechu (1845)
I never had the problem of "going" when the doctor's wanted a sample from me. I guess maybe you were nervous of the job and the sample that you would need so you were stressing yourself out about it. Now I am curious of what kind of job you do that would require you to give them a sample of urine. lol. =P
@sacmom (14315)
It was for Wal-Mart. And nope, I wasn't nervous. As I told some of the others I didn't have to go because I already went right before I left home.
Hi sacmom! I underwent abdomen ultrasound when I had GERD and they also asked me to drink 1 litter of water and they said I should return to the lab when I feel that I was ready to go. After gulping one litter, I was still not ready to go. Weird right? On normal days, drinking one glass of water makes me want to run to the washroom afterwards. I decided to walk around a bit and after several minutes I returned to the lab and said that I was ready to go though I'm really not that that ready yet. Just a little bit ;) I just want to get things done ^_^
@sacmom (14315)
I'm the same way. I just want to get things done.
@Woody7189 (247)
Yes, I have had the same experience before. There is just something odd about having a stranger standing outside the door waiting for you to go. I will try not to go to the restroom for as long as possible before taking the test and making sure I drink plenty of fluids. Even then, I get nervous and find it difficult to go. I would imagine the nurses run into this quite often, so I try to remind myself that they understand and don't think there is something wrong with me.
@sacmom (14315)
You're probably right!
@Rosa26 (2620)
Well have had to do that, because in my country don't for that to give a job. But I am sure that I wouldn't any problem to pee, because for me is not as difficult, when I was pregnant and had to do a sonography I just drank like five cups of water and then went to do the exam but it was so hard for me not to go to the bathroom first. Sometimes is a nervous reaction that don't allows us to go pee.
@sacmom (14315)
I never had a problem going when I was pregnant, that's for sure! LOL Although I have to say I never seemed to go as much as they claim pregnant women go, at least by what I remember anyway! LOL By the way, it wasn't a nervous reaction on my part. I just made the mistake of going before I left home. LOL Happy mylotting!
@jillhill (37383)
No but when I was pregnant and went to the doctors office I had the same problem. I think I would get so nervous that I just couldn't go! Takes so much more time when that is the only thing you are waiting for! LOL...
@sacmom (14315)
Tell me about it! LOL
I have had to be tested several times prior to each hospital job. Yes it became very difficult to pee on demand. Especially when I know they are watching and waiting for us to go. I also remember having to do an ultrasound and they needed me to have a full bladder so they can run the test. After two full hours I did not feel like I had to go. It took almost four hours before I had to go. I guess our bladders do not like to be told when to go. lol Good luck with the new job, Congratulations!
@sacmom (14315)
Hmm, you could be right! LOL Thanks hardworkinggurl!
YES!!!!!!! About 6 years ago, i worked for a mining company & even though the head office wasn't on a mine site, we still got tested...i don't knowhow much waster i drank & how much I thought of Niagara Falls, it still took ages for me to feel the urge...
@cerebellum (3871)
That has happened to me at the doctors office. I have an overactive bladder and have to go a lot. When they want a urine sample though, everything freezes up and all of a sudden I can't urinate. I can't seem to go on demand and it can be very frustrating.
@globaldoc (860)
Yes i have had blood tests, and several times that I tool these tests, I always have good results. No sicknesses, and no nothing. I just have to monitor myself for some possible illnesses that might arise.