It's all just too cute!

Lots of people correct small children when they haven't quite learned to say all their words quite right, but I never do! Not any more anyway. I just love the way they sound! And really once they get it all together, they'll never sound like that again, and I figure they'll get all right sooner rather than later. Like just now my grand daughter said to her little friend "you go a bye bye with me?" Well, it was way cuter than it sounds written. How about you, do you lean toward guiding them into correct pronunciation or do you leave it up to others? Have you ever considered not doing so?
@Lakota12 (42794)
not at first but as they get older and keep it up I do tend to correct like grand daughter is in 1st grade and her th s are f s I didnt hear her take this way till after her other grandma left and she pernounces the word with like wif so now does my grand daughter we do correct her on this now
Absolutely! as a matter of fact it all too soon quits being cute, as they will get very frustrated to not be understood..
@Lakota12 (42794)
YUp
@kalav56 (11503)
Never! This lovely baby language would last for a fairly short while and it is better to make the most of it while it is there. Soon they are going to talk like us and what charm is there in it!
It's so uplifting!
@ElicBxn (60082)
I liked the way my sister said my name before she could talk properly and always wished she had never learned the right way. Then, one Christmas time, my mom and I did a tour of the trail of lights and some other sights, including a medieval type "passion play" and this lady was sitting next to me and this little girl came up and said "hi" to me. I asked her name and she said "Esley" The lady said "Its really Lesley, she just can't say it yet." I told her what my sister used to call me and she laughed and said that's what Lesley called her - turned out we had the same name!
Oh wow, that is so cute! And what a co-incidence! Kinda spiritual!
@natnickeep (2340)
My younger daughter is almost 6 she still does this when learning new words. I giggle inside the first few times and enjoy it. Then if she doesn't figure it out on her own, by hearing other people (like I will use the word purposely later) then I will teach her the correct way to say it. I want her to be informed and have room to mess up on a new word. And of coarse learn to find out things on her own.
I also love some of the cute things they say! and how they say them.
I love that too! It's so much better to just listen to the children than to scold or correct them. I think the only time I have corrected a child in what they said was when they didn't get the desired results from their words. And they look at me like why aren't they doing what I just said? It's adorable.
Yes it certainly is!
@kaichoukebz (1190)
Yes, to let children develop it on their own way. It is really cute and nice to hear it from them.