Man who killed my son arrested, again and another sad story

@nanajanet (4436)
As you all may know, I had lost my son, due to a drunk driver, his friend in 2004. Where the accident happened, was by the house of a lovely, Mennonite family, who then went out of their way to get their church to hold a service at their home. Their congregation made refreshments and they allow us to pull into their driveway, to stop and hang things on the telephone pole, in his memory. The driver, served time, but not as much as he could, because he was allowed to plea bargain for a lessor sentence. He then had to fulfill part of his probation by doing community service, talking in schools about drinking and driving. Well, in today's local paper, were two articles. This one, http://www.upvnews.com/news/article.ashx?article=5551, on top, about the family, who helped us out. Their house had a fire, and they are homeless, right now. Right below it was this article, about the driver of the car, who SWORE to me, that he was straight now and would never do it again. Thank God, that he did not kill someone else. Just drive a stake through my heart, because it would feel the same. We are sending money to help the family. It notes in the article where to help. If anyone has a couple of spare dollars, this is a not-so-well off family with 9 kids, one who is special needs.
I'm sure there will be people with hearts as generous as yours that will help that family out. I certainly hope so.
@nanajanet (4436)
Yes, their church community, they are Mennonite, are rebuilding their home. They had no insurance. I guess that they had no mortgage, or did not through a regular bank or financial institution, because you must carry insurance if you have a mortgage.