Using Colors and Humorous Responses May Not Be Appreciated By All

@thesids (22358)
Bhubaneswar, India
Hi all Been a while and I was reminded that I have not got any discussion of mine since ages. Thing about a discussion is not that easy. RIGHT! Bur responding is Now I have a small problem (if you see it as One) I use more of these Emoticons - the smileys or those yellow icons with faces of different kind and I have stuck to using only a couple of them. Again, I feel most of the responses I make are quite insane at times - I am always on the lighter side of the things and feel that if any of my response makes you smile, I have earned more than what I want. Some may like it some may NOT. But I am not sure. Personally I feel that if I go about writing serious stuff, I may make you feel sad and spread some Gloomy thoughts... not good for me! Your Suggestions and Views. Cheers, theSids p.s.: I have not yet been into trouble with this attitude of mine but I might be into one
Hello thesids! . Yes I am one of those that does enjoy using the emoticons. I like to emphasize my emotions, when I use them along with responses. There are topics though that may not call for them, but I personally have not seen much had an issue with anyone using them in theirs. It does brighten up the participation's and allows us all to be very expressive. I don't think I would ever have an issue using them and or receiving them. It certainly can lighten up moods especially during very difficult participation's so as for me I welcome them just about anytime.
HWG Brighten the corner where you are[
Ehehehe Mrs. Hatley! Always like sunshine when I see you passing by.
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi GF Of course we should follow the discussion and there are times when we dont feel comfy using these Emoticons and such are the times that I refrain too. But on the other hand, many of the discussions do have a scope where we can all share smiles and a little of humor around. Lighting up the moods is something that I would always want to do whenever I find a scope... just hope that they dont feel bad about it... coz if they do the next time when (if) they read the same discussion, they may feel good too.
@Sreekala (23718)
Hello dear brother Sidhu, Where is my gift? I am totally ignoring the content of your discussion but I need the gift, once I get my gift then I post my views.
@jaiho2009 (39001)
my dear sis, I receive your gift already, but sids gift still missing
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi Sreekala Didi Ah yes, I remember it is gift time and I have one set of chocos preserved for you and family. I am sure my nephews would love them
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
chocolates - Diwali Chocolates
Grrr! it is the second time today... my internet flunked and the pic didnt upload... Anyways here is the retry...
@saphrina (31739)
• South Africa
Hi sweetie. Well, i always enjoy your discussion and the last thing i worry about is emoticons which can cause trouble. I love using them although only a few. Whether people like it or not, well now. I will sjip that part for now. Just smile and enjoy yourself, okay.
@jaiho2009 (39001)
i don't care if this will create trouble (*_*) hahaha
@Jlyn10 (10913)
I always use all three. I don't care, I just love using them.
@saphrina (31739)
• South Africa
Well, trouble is my middle name.
@jaiho2009 (39001)
dear sids, I always use this emoticon when responding to you I hope I will not be in any trouble for doing so
@Sreekala (23718)
Dear sister, Today is Bhai dooj and all sisters deserved a gift from brothers.
@jaiho2009 (39001)
wow...really ... Now I need to ask my gift from sids
@Sreekala (23718)
Yes dear, today I enjoyed the free ride in Bus. Our Chief Minister is kind enough to offer free ride in bus today for ladies
Hi Bhai. I use emoticons when each face can show how I really feel about what was said. I love using When I say something that others will see as pure evil! I don't just use these emoticons Just to use them. Most the posts I respond to Are serious. So I rarely use emoticons.
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi behen The relationship that we share between us allows space for the humor and me playing the kid as I am younger bro of yours... But I try to behave and be presentable when on your discussions (sometimes I dont - but that is because of the relationship I guess ).
Just keep being you.I love you just the way you are. ps. Did you cut your hair?
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Yes, I did get my hair cut last month after my return.
@viju0410 (2286)
Hi theSid, I always like to read your interesting responses with that added flavors of humor as well as emoticons and I don't find them really 'insane'. Just continue the way you are and why should you change when your message is clear at the receiving end. Hope you are enjoying the diwali season.. have a great time..
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi Viju How was your Diwali? I hope you did enjoy the festivities. I too plan to continue the same way - be natural and do something that comes to me easily rather than change myself for someone... My Diwali was good when I compare it with the last few years and am thankful to the Lord for making it this way.
@viju0410 (2286)
Ours was great too. By the way why you don't post discussions often like many other senior friends here as I think, this is the first post of yours that I'm interacting since i joined this site. Wishing your happy moments last longer and forever....
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
See, the response to your response comes after a couple of days. Dear, I am having quite a bad Internet Connection here and also I work for some websites that need my time. Whenever I get a free time, I ensure participation and if that free time allows me to respond to all those who might respond to my discussion, on these special occasions I do go ahead and post a discussion. But, I note your demand (from a loving friend) and I will try to get more of the discussions in the near future
@Porcospino (18405)
• Denmark
I often use emoticons in my discussions or responses. I use the laughing face to show that I am joking and some of the other emoticons to express other feelings like shock or surprice. In real life I am a person who laughs and jokes a lot and when I participate in the discussions I am not able to be serious all the time, but my reaction depends on the kind of discussion that I respond to. If it is a serious and sad topic, I would never joke about it, in those cases I write a serious response instead. I think it is nice when other members use emoticons or write humorous responses, and I have never seen your responses in negative way Some members get offended if other members joke when they respond to their topics, I have seen that a couple of times. Personally I enjoy a humorous response, but some people don't feel that way and I think that is matter of personality and sense of humour. Sometimes it is easy to misunderstand eachothers when we write, because we not able to see the expression on the face or hear the tone of voice, and things that very meant as joke might offend some people.
smile and the world smiles with you,weep and you weep alone.
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi Porcospino Thanks for understanding me on your discussions and of course, as Dear Ms Hatley mentions - "Smile and the World Smiles with you". Many a times I do think that the response I did make wasnt apt to the discussion but anyways, I could bring in some smile to me (if not anyone else). Personally, as I mentioned in the discussion, I feel that we all visit mylot when we want to relax and so all the smiles and humors should be allowed and permissible.
@akp100 (13325)
Hi bro Seen your discussion after lots of time.. Good to see you back on discussions too. Well, Whatever you share surely it will be appreciated by me.. so no worries.. But surely an happy and funny discussions can make difference but I know this is not possible all the time.. But still mostly I used to post discussions which are not that serious.. About smilies.. I am using them too much.. And you should too.
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi Akp How was your Diwali Dear? Yes, this discussion is after a long long time and I hope many will follow soon (on a regular basis) as I have applied for a new Internet Connection and hope to have it by tomorrow or Monday latest. Over the time, I have knowm my dear bro will be appriciative and supportive of me. I will try Not to post those gloomy kind of discussions anymore but like always I am not sure for how long
@akp100 (13325)
It was good.. And what about you?? Hope you had fun too. Its good that you are going to be active on discussions as you gonna have new connection. That would be really great. I am happy.
@enelym001 (8333)
I don't have any problem seeing emoticons on someone's discussions or responses.. I actually like them and its really cool to look at, unless emoticons are used more compared to the comments made
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi enelym I must say your avatar is quite a pretty one I love the Crown. You are quite right, these yellow dots are quite Kool and I prefer a few of them always That at times lands me in troubles
@enelym001 (8333)
Thanks here grab some fries Seriously? I don't think people will find them annoying.
Hi thesids! For me response or comment of other people would be acceptable in any form as long as they will not seem rude or offensive. I guess if the topic is on the lighter tone, it is okay to answer in a light tone as well. On the other hand, if the discussion contains serious matter, it should be answered just as seriously. In as much as possible, I consider how the person writes his discussion topic before I respond. That is my view on these comments/respond things. I wish I have emoticons too :(
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi girl_thinking Of course dear, you would be using them... just a little more to go... The rules are such. But hey, I appreicate your words here when you say that "I consider how the person writes his discussion topic before I respond". Over the time I have been here, I have made some really good friends and I am of the belief that they will not mind me responding to their discussions anyway I want. But yes, I know when I should be serious as there are times when you got to be serious and cannot just go on kidding around... Maybe I am a grown up Child
@Jlyn10 (10913)
Hi sids At least you are better than me in starting discussions. I don't care much about what people think, but I too just like the emoticons and I always use up all three of them in one comment. If they allow more than three, then I would definitely use them all up as well. They sure does make my comments more fun.
@sjvg1976 (18407)
But i care for what my friends say about me *hehehe* Of course i can use 100 emotions if they allow me to use because i am very emotional.*hehehe*
@Jlyn10 (10913)
You can use 100 emoticons but you would have to post multiple comments at once.
@sjvg1976 (18407)
See 100 emotions.hehehe
@thanks1961 (7046)
Hi Sid, Diwali greetings. [We cannot greet here as per rule] but tempted. Hope things are good with you. Till few week past I never used or hardly use emotional icons. But for a change and to have a deep expression, I think now-a-days I also start using them. Though it is silly, it strait-away says what we feel or think. As always say, the symbols are the best way to express the feelings in short and it make more sense as well. So, keep add the ones levels to the subject and I think it gives best suit of salt and chilly. Thank-s
@Sreekala (23718)
Hello thanks, Diwali wishes to you. We can greet here, there is no problem. The restrictions are on starting topics only.
@jaiho2009 (39001)
hello thanks belated HAPPY DIWALI
Hi all, thanks for the greetings and have a nice day. Thank-s
@sjvg1976 (18407)
Hello Sids, So for next time you will be serious while responding.But i cannot change myself for others. I don't think your responses to be insane and they can't be beacause they at least make me laugh and thats for what i have been here on MYLOT.So for me please don't be serious and be what you are as i like you for what you are.
@Jlyn10 (10913)
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi Sjvg So for next time you will be serious while responding. Where and Why? I am glad that someone appreciates me even if many a times my responses make not much sense
@sjvg1976 (18407)
Actually theses makes sense because these are filled with FUN.*hehehe*
@pergammano (7755)
I think a colorful world is a delightful world..and can be more enticing with brilliant words that can be enhanced with "emoticons!" I, for one truly appreciate the emoticons...lovely little punctuations, that speak volumes! As you know, I love your levity, that is always flavoured with SAGE wisdom and profound good sense! A wonderful diet that the whole world should feast on!
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi dear pergammano you know, I was quite shy of using these yellow dots but then someone I called "angel" told me that they are stylish and more conveying than words. I gradually started using them and hey there was a time I used to see an emoticon in almost everything around... Crush? Maybe but that was the way it all started and now I think I cannot stay away from them
Welcome to the world of "little people that highlight our messages," FAR TOO much fun...not to enjoy!
I have no problem at all in your using those emoticons . I do use it also at all times. I feel that i have to every time i respond or start a discussion. Like you said, it seems to make light , the discussion. Keep it up my friend! See my emoticons?
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi Simplyd Been a while that we met and shared our views. I know you are a great friend and would not mind me spilling the emoticons all around and having a gala time anywhere on your discussions instead I am quite sure that I have a high chance of you joining in
All the time my friend! I will be looking forward to your discussions or meeting you in some discussions here at Mylot.
I have never used the emoticons in my discussions or comments.Not that I am afraid that I may get into some trouble or offend somebody,but that I am slow in type ,I feel it is quite a bother for me to do that.
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi changjiangzhibin Ah yes, I havent seen any emoticons on your discussions. But dear friend, I must tell you that the emoticons are easier way to type less and also avoid confrontations and also convey yourself better... try them here on any of the discussions and I am sure after you have used them 10 times, you would start loving them
If my memory serves me well,in one of your discussions,You mentioned that the emoticons made you be dizzy,I once posted a comment on that ,in which I talked big and said worry about nothing and the like.In fact,I have posted less than 200 pieces then,I was not entitled to use it.
hi the sids when ever I see your happy response I also feel happy, and when I feel happy, I smile and laugh then everyone around me is smiling and laughing, thanks for passing on some happiness and fun lol[
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Dear Ms. Hatley As you mentioned on an earlier response here - 'The world smiles with you' is so very apt and right. I admire you for the great discussions, the way you respond back and of course the smileys that you use... Some Happiness and some FUN is all that we all need when we are MyLotting
@zandi458 (27952)
Don't trouble yourself thinking of others who might not appreciate what you put in here. Who cares anywhere. We are here to enjoy the camaraderies that mylot offers. Adding humours and color emoticons add more fun to mylot. I enjoy reading witty responses or discussions which give me the reason to escape the stressful life in the real world and be with like minded people in mylot.
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi Zandi Who cares anywhere Quite Right. But I do as I have set my goal that I will not hurt anyone instead try my best to bring on smiles on at least one face per day. And that makes me worry. I agree that adding emoticons and humor brings color to the discussion but there are times when people misinterpret and there starts the worry. But still I think a majority will not mind me doing that
@zralte (4186)
Hello, my darling thesids . It has been a long time. All because I have not been active in myLot for a long time. Life got in the way, I'm afraid. Yep, wish we could use more that 3 emoticons in one response/post too. I do think they brighten up and sometimes expresses things that cannot be easily expressed in words. Love and hugs. And Happy Diwali.
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi zralte Happy Diwali Dear. The best part of starting a discussion is that many a times, I find people who are at times invisible at mylot Happy to read your response. I too want a couple more but many a times, I think people when reading these responses may be in a differenet mood and get the wrong vibes... Hence I asked.,. But yes, personally, I think similar - they do brighten up the discussions
@Rosa26 (2620)
low you and yopur discussions and I have a great impression about you. For me you are a very respectful and sweet man, who would never hurt anybody with your answers. I like that you express how sweet you are with the emotinos, and because of you I learned to give more space to them in my responses and discussions. I will continue following your discussions and I know that from you I can't expect nothing that can hurt me. Blesses!
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi Rosa I feel blessed when you say that you see me as a respectful and sweet man . I am a person who is ruled by the heart and maybe this makes me look at things with a different view. I have loved and even participated in a few discussions from you and feel that you are quite a religious person who unlike many wants a world of love and peace around you Makes us quite similar in our thoughts
@Rosa26 (2620)
Yes! you are right! we are alike in a lot of things because of this I feel happy to have in list of friends and definitively you one that will stay in my friend list, because people like you we need a lot in mylot, people that only open their mouth when have something important to say. Thanks Thesids.