We will never forget

I will never forget how my mother taught me to tie my shoe. She went over and over with me till I learned to do it myself. I also remember how she taught me to be myself. I don't remember much in my younger years though. She let me play with games and toys all the time. I learned early inlife that I love children. I love watching them play in parks,riding bikes everything. is there somethin you will never forget learning..
@velvet53 (5819)
It is neat to remember back to the things our mother taught us. My most remembered memory of what my mother taught me was to take care of my own hair. She taught me to brush it underneath as well as on top. I laugh now at how ackward it felt at first.
• Marion, Kansas
I think everyday we use skills that someone taught us, whether we remember or not. You mention brushing our hair, and I always had long hair. I learned to brush it, and also to do 100 strokes. So I actually learned to count and math skills at the same time. It helped set up a bed time routine for me as well.
That is sweet my mother taught me to braid my own hair. I learned how to mae money doing other peoples hair when I got older.
@velvet53 (5819)
That was a great gift from your mother. I have a hard time keeping a braid in my hair when I do it myself. Guess I am not as good as I used to be.
@carolscash (9504)
There are many things that I remember learning like that. Also, many things that I learned in school that I don't think that I will ever forget- like the capitals of every state, my multiplication facts, etc. We learn to count usually at a young age too, but we never forget.
There are so many tings I forgot. I wish I could have some of the memories back as well.
Being that I was not raised by my own mother I can not remember who taught me to tie my shoes. There are many things in life that I can recall and will never forget that I have learned to do. Cooking for one is something that although not physically shown I remember watching so many people while they cooked which helped me to be able to be creative and attempt on my own. I remember the very first time I took it upon myself to cook. I made white rice and not just ordinary but Puerto Rican White Rice. It came out so good, that at the time my guardian thought that from then on in, I had to cook more often. lol
Would you be able to tell me how to make tat rice? Adrian loves rice and I would like to try this. Thanks.
I dont remember learning to ride a bike or learning to do many other things. I do remember my grandfather teaching me to tie my shoe laces. He did something with bunnies and a tree with my laces. I dont remember what he said but I remember sitting on the front porch with him while he taught me that. My mother taught my daughter a year ago and she picked it up on the first try.
That was so good of her to catch on so fast. I remember teaching my daughter how to braid and she got it on the first day and I was so happy.
@akwaobio (36)
what i will never forget learning is how my mother thought me how to cook various kind of meals and i still do run to her for more cooking lessons. she made me love the kitchen
Though I was a bit older when I learned this skill from my mother, I will never forget my mother teaching me to crochet. I had watched her do it from the time that I was a young girl and I wanted to learn so badly. However, as many times as she tried to teach me, I didn't get it because of the fact that I'm left-handed. She was finally able to teach me to crochet by sitting in front of me and letting me watch her. Now, that is a hobby that I really enjoy as a relaxation technique.
My grandmother taught me how to work and work hard. I help her in the garden and did chores for her. It was a part of life and things that needs to get done not like it was a job. And never recall using the word 'bored' in her presence for I never was. I always had something to do.
When I was a little boy, many relatives old or young always reminded me to not 'mangototoi' meaning don't ever lie to anyone. This word was tied with my mind. The good education gave me good thing in my life. My mom always remembered me to be a good boy every where I go. I will never forget this and I'd do the same thing as what my mother did for me when I was a kid.
@katie0 (5212)
• Japan
Like riding bikes, I will never forget either. It's like walking, we don't remember learning but it's always there. Great day MyLotter!
@Greninee (369)
I will never forget something from my mom...that's when she get angry about our habits but she really knows the best things for us.
I will never forget when i was 2 years old, i get lost, and made my family get crazy, my mother, father grandfather and my sister, they all very sad and undertale to find me in hurry. This memory was lost to the 2 years old girl but got from my parents and I remember it forever.
This discussion makes me think of the past things and people.My mother taught me how to do everything by myself and how to do a person. In my heart my mother is very a woman of ability.Anything don't beat her. Though she is older than before.
• Marion, Kansas
Your discussion makes me think of my grandmother and how she loved little babies. She loved to play with them and hold them. If they would cry she would make funny sounds at them and try to get them to laugh.