Energy Saving

@webeishere (36377)
Here's a photo of one of the 4 basement windows I had replaced Thursday. I noticed overnight, with all the new windows, my heater kicked in only 2 times. Previously, the heater would have been on & off all night long. So I know my gas bill will be a lot better this winter due to the nergy I am saving with the windows insulation my house better now. Is your home "energy efficient" at this time? P.S. After 4 attempts to uplaod the photo with no luck, I'll add the photo to the first response. Sorry all, just the same old glitch I've always had here with photos etc. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
My heat does not kick in that often because we have good windows as well. Your windows arrived and they look great. I am paying gas to heat my place so I know how you feel saving any kind of cash. I am dreading the bill this year as well.
@webeishere (36377)
Hopefully I save a lot this year. That was my plan anyhow. LOL! HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
If you make sure you have no drafts coming under your front door like me. Your on your way to saving money.. Good luck and love the window dressing.
@webeishere (36377)
I've got to caulk around the framework of my door as it is drafty as well. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
Yes sometimes the photos do not upload and no problem as the discussion is explained well. I also believe that before you were wasting a great deal of heating as there was not much insulation to keep the drafts out and the heating indoors. Enjoy your brand new lovely windows.
@webeishere (36377)
New - new basement window
Ill try adding it here. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
Success! I see the picture and it does look like a great insulated window. This is going to save you from high heating costs this winter. Way to go!
@cutepenguin (6458)
That's a pretty good return on your work. It must be nicer to not have drafty windows, as well.
@webeishere (36377)
Plus they look so good now compared to before. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB!!~
• Marion, Kansas
I have not been able to load pictures for at least a month. I do not even try lately, but I should give it a try since the enhancement. I am sure your house will be so cozy this winter. My house is far from energy efficient. Maybe next year I can get stuff done.
@webeishere (36377)
I added it in #2 response. It looks funny due to the sunshine but its screened as well. Now come summer we can have a breeze in the basement too. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@Grandmaof2 (7604)
Oh yes new windows will reduce your energy consumption. You should notice a big difference.
@webeishere (36377)
That was the main reason for us getting them. Thanks. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
It is one of the most important factor that we need to take a note of it.. as much as possible we need to teach to our friends.
@jillhill (37354)
Not so much....I could use new windows and siding and that would help. I have gotten new doors on both the front and back...and that helps for leakage. Last year I got a new energy efficient furnace...and the programable thermostat. I would love to get new windows!
@RitterSport (2452)
that sounds great, GrandpaBob. We live in an rented apartment and the windows are just built in as aloppy as possible. The cold air gets in now in autumn and wintertime its no fun at all and we try to save soem energy too with putting sort of foil behind the radiators........ sighhhhhhh
@rameshchow (5284)
In developed countries, there is no energy savage schemes. Only usage. That is now causing to green house effect and ozone layer depletion. It is really so sad. You have raised a good social cause. Keep going.
i just use a LED lamp and turn off other electrical equipment that i no need. that work.