Universal Greeting Phrase

On Internet, people from different time zones on the globe often meet and greet each other. They face a difficulty of greeting a person with reference to one's own time ot time of the other person. A person may say 'Good morning' while the other expected a 'Good evening'. One may say 'Good night' while the other might like to hear 'Good day'. To overcome these difficulties, I propose a universal greeting phrase - TEMPO-SUPERBA which means 'have a nice time' in Latin, the oldest language of humanity. Tempo-superba, friends.
I´m sure you have a way of saying that in a language far older tha latin in your own countrry, rambansal. Sanskrit is a lot older than Latin. How about teaching us how to greet each other in ancient Sanskrit?
Sorry dear, to differ with you on this. Latin is older than even Vedic Sanskrut which itself is older than modern Sanskrut by about 250 years. Vedic Sanskrut was developed using Latin and Greek vocabulary of that time.
@umabharti (3976)
yes i do agree with what ur saying.it is good if we know the actuall time and wish it accordingly however have a nice time or have a great time sounds good
Hello rambansal! The context narrated by you justifies the use of a time-independent phrase for sure. Tempo-superba sounds fine, we may also just do with '"Have a great time". The only reason I suggest something at variance is that over time, people [non Latin] may find it unfamiliar and may even get a bit wrong in typing. Perhaps we can come up with some long term idea on keeping it in currency & making sure it is widely understood but "Have a great time", I thought is just plain, conveys the required warmth and easy. Just another thought, of course. Thanks for kindling.
@airkulet (2705)
Tempo-superba interesting but I don't understand latin, and that greeting may sound knew to other that I think most may tend not to responds back but just blah for a moment or just nod you just to respond back. A simple hi and hello is enough to greet anyone in any race.
@waflay (2727)
• Nairobi, Kenya
To me, have a nice time sounds more of a closing remark and I would be reluctant to use it in opening a conversation. What about starting with hello and closing whatever your just said with TEMPO-SUPERBA ? It can be cool that way.
@jaiho2009 (39001)
Good share :) Tempo-superba
@jdex_143 (1094)
Hmmm.. I think, that's a great idea! People on the net must have an official universal greeting phrase because of the varied time zone.. I think, I have to agree with you on this. Tempo superba!
@mentalward (14695)
Hi ram. I normally just say "Hi" or "Hello" and don't even bother with the time of day. I can say without a doubt that more people will understand Hi or Hello than they would Tempo-Superba. It sounds wonderful but it would take me some time to memorize it because, even as I typed it here, I had to look at it in your discussion because I had forgotten it already. I tried to take Latin in high school but there were only 4 or 5 students who wanted Latin, not enough for a class so we were told we had to choose another language to study. I picked French but was very disappointed that I didn't get to take Latin classes. If I had, maybe I'd already have Tempo-superba memorized! Oh, well. Tempo-superba!
@kaeirole (669)
tempo-superba!! i love it..good thing you found that greeting..it's what we need especially here in mylot because we meet people here living in different time zones.. have a good day too!
hi rambansal that does sound like a universal greeting applicable to any time of day or night.have a nice time. I like that as it is better than have a good day as a lot of us are in different times zones on mylot.like now here in southern \California its just 5:30 pm sun is slowly starting down still quite light out. Temp Superba.
@thezone (9451)
Hows it going? , Have a good one. That works.