Not here for a long time here for a good time

@savypat (20247)
This is the title of a country westren tune that just runs in my head. I started wondering how many people live their lives this way. I think there are a lot. One thing that lead me to this conclusion was a conversation I had with my banker She said they have so many problems with bad checks and often when she asks why the people do it the young ones will often say "well I just got carried away I wanted something so I brought it." Isn't this mind set just what the song says, not here for a long time heree for a good time?
• Marion, Kansas
I am always surprised at the people who tell me they do not want to live a long time. Their image of growing older is less than positive. On the other hand, I am aiming for at least one hundred, and I fully expect to get there, loving it all. For many there seems to be a real disconnection between money and spending. Money is not real to them. I have some of that issue, Most all of my money comes as direct deposit or transfers from online accounts. It affects me differently though. Because I never see the money, or even a check stub, I believe I do not have any money. The money I get as cash I cling to desperately.
• Vietnam
me too
@zandi458 (27952)
In these difficult times, we have to play miser.
I love that song and it just makes the song even better when my five-year-old starts to sing it. I really need to make a video of him singing and put it on youtube and that might be the end of all of my financial worries. He has quite a voice for a little guy like him, and a great ear for music as well. With that said, I think that the mindset of the song is something that we really all need to have because we have to accept the fact that we aren't going to live forever. On the other hand, I also think that we do still need to be responsible with the time that we do have.
@savypat (20247)
Would love to see him on youtube. Go for it.
@rameshchow (5284)
A song can make us smile, a song can make use sad, a song can make us think. That is the power of the song. You shared a good content. And people in this world are really very different one from other. The god can only know about this structure and system.
@dragon54u (31608)
Those people who write bad checks and indulge in other bad behavior are here for a short time. They have not been taught self discipline and see no limits for themselves and eventually the stress of the all those consequences might help them to an untimely end. Parents who spoil their children and fail to teach them responsibility, respect for others and personal pride are doing them a disservice and certainly not showing them love. I'm sorry for those kids, all grown up now but still behaving as if they are three year olds.