Whats the best way to relieve headache without taking medicines?

@svjomboy (876)
I know that taking a pian reliever has some side bad effects, do you have some idea to relieve headache without taking any pills? On my own experience water is the best way to flash out of pains. If you have any idea its better.
@Rosa26 (2620)
If you have anything like a migraine or cluster headache - or if your headache came on suddenly and strongly or it woke you up in the morning, or your headaches are increasing in intensity, or you recently bumped or injured your head, if you experience tension headaches frequently or on a daily basis,I strongly advise you to see your doctor without delay. Headaches can be an important sign of serious medical problems or a component of clinical or chronic depression. These conditions require professional medical and/or psychological treatment. We urge you not to delay getting the proper treatment your condition requires. The following process is for a tension headache only (and might help if you're overtired). But if your headache comes from another source - such as you're coming down with a cold or some other illness, you've got an allergy, or you're in caffeine withdrawal or you've got a serious medical condition, perhaps a migraine or cluster headache or other serious medical or psychological condition (such as clinical or chronic depression) or you're addicted to pain killers - then this system won't help at all. It's directed solely at the occasional tension headache If at all possible, lie down in a dark, quiet environment, close your eyes and try to relax. If this is not possible, do the best you can with your situation that most closely resembles lying down in a dark, quiet place - even if it means simply resting your head on your folded arms as you sit at your desk and closing your eyes - or finding a couch to lie down on, or slouching into the most comfortable chair you can find. Start sipping very cold, ice water - that is, water with plenty of ice in the glass. Place the glass next to where you're lying down or sitting and sip it frequently. Occasionally put your cold fingers - or a cold cloth with some ice in it - against your forehead - just to cool it down. Gently blow the air out your pursed lips - very slowly - long and drawn out - counting down from 8 - and think "Tension" - I am releasing all Tension...."' Do it again. Deep breath in through your nose, counting up to 8 - 'I am inhaling Relaxation...' Let it out slowly, through your pursed lips - counting down from 8 - while you think, 'I'm exhaling Tension...' And one more time - for a total of three deep, long breaths, counting up to 8 - and back down to one - inhaling Relaxation - exhaling Tension.
@svjomboy (876)
Rosa26 hello to you and welcome to mylot, wow that was awesome comment from you, actually i have suffering my migrain long time ago, i was visited several doctors too but what they give me only a pain reliever, i think im too tired by taking pain reliever, thats why i am trying here if somebody advice me not taking medicine if i have a headache. Iknow a lot people here are in medical courses and expected some people here have a good idea, same what you did thats a good idea too. wel try that.
@Rosa26 (2620)
Sometimes I have migrain too specialy when my period is coming or when is gone, I don't like to take pills because they take awya the pain for 4 or 5 hours and that is, then I have the pain again, so I don't see the point in taking pills just to have some hours of rest of the pain, I prefer to wait until the pain elease me because it have to release me in anytime, generally my headache takes 48 hours without any resting time, it makes me wake up in the night, because of the pain.
@mariahhh (1328)
• United Arab Emirates
Whenever I have migraine, I try to take a rest, I go to my room with the curtains down, lights off. I make sure that there is not sunlight in my room and it will be so dark. I also bring a pack of ice and put it in my head. I try to massage my head for a couple of minutes. Those usually works.
@svjomboy (876)
wow that helps with you? me i cant sleep unless i didnt take pain reliever capsule that doctor prescribe me always. after when i took those medicine i can sleep.
@phillyguy (3008)
Very soft face and head massage works for me. And a relaxing music also helps. I hope the pain is gone when you reply to my response
@svjomboy (876)
hello friend, i have no headache this time but when i lestin music it helps getting worst...so i better stay in bed and took some medicine.