She's giving birth right now!

I looked in on the gerbil who's pregnant this morning and she looked ready to drop. I was sure she'd have them today, and I was right. She's in a box right now having the babies. I can't see how many are there so far, they are so well hidden, but I know they're there, I saw at least 2 or 3 of them. She's not like her mother, gave birth right in the open. This one is keeping them hidden. I'll look in on her later and see how many she's had. I'm hoping that they all survive this time. I'll post pictures when I can actually see them.
I am glad they made it this far what ever they are. But,I am wondering are these little things like mice? Would they not attract mice to come to your home? I am confused a little. I was told those bring mice to your place. Are you scared of mice? LOL Good luck to the mother and finding them new homes.
We've had gerbils since May and haven't had any mice at all. They're similar to rats, they have long tails and the gray ones have red eyes. I've posted topics on the other gerbils in the past, so there's lots of information about them.
Wow!!! I would be terrified. I will search to see what they look like. Thanks
@daeckardt (6245)
Since this was posted four weeks ago, I'm pretty sure you know how many there were and how they are doing. Today I started going through the list on your profile so I don't know if the answers are somewhere or not. I don't know if it is better to go in chronological order by going through emails or if this is better since it is still not in order. Oh well... Is this batch doing better than the others? I hope so. Have a great weekend!!!
@daeckardt (6245)
@daeckardt (6245)
So by now you know how many and what colors. I hope it was good all the way around. She sounds protective.
@winterose (39918)
life is so precious, I love seeing animals give birth