Where do you find that plastic bag??

I want to hang some flyer's on trees. First off is that legal? I saw one the other day and it gave me the idea. But,I saw it in some sort of plastic pouch. I don't know anything about that plastic to search for it. I know it would be a waste of paper and ink to put it up without the plastic. If I can get a name I could search from there. Thanks.
I see some people are saying to get them laminated, but I do not know about the cost there. You can get boxes of an item called a "sheet protector" at Wal Mart or at office supply stores. These will have a strip on one side that lets you put them in a notebook binder, but if you print your stuff in "landscape" view, you can also use those holes to put a tack through and not damage the plastic. If it were me doing it, I would go ahead and get a roll of clear package tape, that is wide like duct tape. I would tape the opening shut so that no water could get in that way either, or the paper would not fall out.
@SomeCowgirl (32266)
great ideas there GG!
If I am going to take a chance breaking the law LOL I better do it on the cheap. Thanks very much. I will buy them now. Take care.
I think that someone said to put them up on bulletin boards in laundromats. I would say that there are other places that have bulletin boards. I would hate for your hard work to be for nothing.
What I am finding is that they are called 'plastic catalog envelopes'. You can find them at Staples. I would call around to the office supply places. You might even find something at the Party supply places also. But office supply would probably be expensive.
That helps as well. Thanks very much.
@SomeCowgirl (32266)
They could have laminated it, maybe? Or it could just be a page protector, type thing. You can get them at walmart I am sure, it's like a book report protector, or divider etc. Clear pouch basically. There are some ideas.
That gives me something to work with. I am going to walmart.com and buy them. Thanks for the help. I would like to laminate them but the machine cost too much for one time use.
@winterose (39917)
every municipality is different so you have to contact the city and ask them if it is legal. Peraonally I think it is a waste of time, because people will not read them and kids will just destroy them.
@thezone (9451)
Agreed
It is illegal without permits from local municipality in Indonesia. Furthermore, most regulation required you not to put it directly at tree. But you need some type of board and tie it on tree.. (no glueing and no use of nail).
@sid556 (31003)
You can buy those plastic covers in Walmart...maybe even the dollar store. They are just report covers. I don't know about hanging them off from trees. I imagine the rules vary from city to city. I would ask at the city clerks office first or you could be wasting your time or be risking getting a fine for it. I really don't know but I'd check first before doing anything.
In our country especially in our state we are banning the plastic as they are causing damage to environment and also animals. So its better not to use them to protect environment from its bad effect.
@thezone (9451)
You might be fined for littering, Just check it out before you do so. We gave out flyer's in clubs and such and weeks later we got a litter fine :(
@Nadinest1 (2040)
How about if you simply use clear plastic sheet protectors for a dollar store. I think I would put the split part at the bottom, so the rain won't leak in. Neatly, tape the bottom so it looks professional. it will still get damp, but you could replace it every few weeks or when needed.
I don't know about Avon, but Regal sells special bags to their reps for that exact purpose.