I am on medical box

Today, my duty is in the Medical Box. Duty in "Medical Box" means I am to prepare all the patients who have been operated the next day for their respective problems or conditions. Yesterday, I ran all the base-line investigations, chest x-rays, ECG and it's opinion from the cardiology department, washed guts, gave enemas and Indirect laryngoscopy from ENT department. It was all a hectic duty to perform. I had to stay in the from 8:00AM to 8:00PM. When I came back, my both fore-arms were paining and slept at night at once. Now, today I am to send all the patients to operation theater and provide all the equipment to the surgeons. It is all my responsibility if any patient lacks any thing. I'll be taunted if anything would be wrong or missing. May this go smooth and all the patients be operated!
@janevi (889)
Well, i think you have been very excited in that duty rotation I suppose. Every rotation has its own unique experience and learning. Pre-operative preparation is very crucial before the actual operation is performed. The most challenging i guess is the preparation of the patients where you have to let them sign the consent for operation signed by the patient himself, relatives as witness and yours as well. this is very crucial because of its legalities. Good luck to your new rotation schedule. I hope even if you're busy in your work, you won't forget to share some o your important learning here with us in myLot. Somehow, I am also learning though I am not practicing my profession in the clinical setting anymore. Sometimes the body aches are caused by too much work that strain the muscles. But in my years of practice I was able to learn the technique how to minimize the body pain and its through practicing proper body mechanics. It really helped me in sustaining long hours of work with minimal strain which one cannot really avoid if there is so much work. Good luck and try to find ways to minimize bodily pains while working.
By the grace of Almighty Allah, my today's medical box went well; though it was very hectic and I have got blisters on feet. The duty was hectic as there were 5 operating table at a time and I was the only one who was supplying the equipment at all the five table. Don't think I'm a nurse or O.T attendant, I'm a doctor but we have to do our medical box during our house job.
@janevi (889)
i think you have mentioned that in your previous posts that you are a doctor. remember you shared here that you did your first appendectomies? i was just commenting on that premise doctor muzammil196. I really do appreciate your posts because as I have said I missed the clinical set up. Since I was promoted to take on the directorship of the medical center, I no longer have the chance to have the first hand experience handling patients because of the type of responsibilities I'm handling at the moment. Mylotting is just my past time. and I am happy doing it because I learned a lot from the responses of different people. Right now, I am just checking my email after breakfast .Because I have seen there are responses to the comment i posted I opened it and I'm making my response to your comment as well. Have a nice day ahead. "maasalama akoi'= peace be with you brother
Thanks for your appreciating remarks! Yes, here we, when we do "house job" after the completion of our MBBS ( a 5 years course), we are asked to prepare the patients for the next-day surgery for at least 4 days in our six months training session. So, I did my best and prepared all the patients for the next-day surgery. You are also doing a great job... You are responsible for all what happens in the hospital. It's not an easy job! Be all smiles! :)
@tigeraunt (6331)
hi muzammil, what a great responsibility you have. we maybe in a very different field of work but i know that any work would cover the same responsibility on the outcome after the work is done. Bless you and may everything go well. ann
Yes it went awesome and straight-away! However, I had to work hard for it. In Pakistan "house-job time" is always crucial.
@savypat (20246)
This sounds like a really big job. I don't think just one person does this in American hospitals. I hope all patients came out of surgery and are on their way to a good recovery. Blessings
But, here we, one of us is asked to do the duty for 4 morning sessions (8:00 AM to 2:00 PM).
@WakeUpKitty (8706)
• Netherlands
I think if anything goes wrong nobody will say you are responsible. Might be the patienst try to but the whole medical world made it that way that they can make all the mistakes in their life they like and you can't even sue them if they mess up you r life. I really hope that your will stay that naief and believe the way you look at medical people. Except for the fact they are working hard and deserve more respect because of that. To me any medical job is just a job like any other and there are so many people who work day and night, not to forget to mention all these (single) moms (dumped frequently) who have to work too (even have 2 jobs). They are not less important to society as anyone with a medical job is. Perhaps your forearms were paining because you are not used to work? The more frequently you do heavey body langue the less you will feel your body since the stronger you get.
Yes, I agree with you that there are other profession as well that demand such hectic duties. I don't just appreciating me, I meant to share it with my friends. Don't I have right to share this? Can't you appreciate someone's efforts? I appreciate each and every person for their efforts and struggle.
@chertsy (3805)
I don't know much about the medical field. Even though your a doctor, you still have to do things that a tech would do. I don't know if that is a good thing. Just sounds like your on your feet a lot, and doing things that would normally take five people to do. With you behind the helm, I don't see any problems, and everything will run smoothly.
@chertsy (3805)
@chertsy (3805)