I took my mother to the salvation army..

Some ow someone took her winter clothes from the storage room. So,now she has no winter clothes. because I paid all my bills I was short on cash. I offered to take her to look for some pants here. While there I found three pairs of jeans for $2.50 each. I am going to wash them and try them one tomorrow. My mother got one pair of jeans. I will take her to another thrift store this week.
It must be pretty awful to live someplace where people will just take your stuff. I guess it is good that you can take her around.
I know.. that's awful. I live out in the country.. it's in the city limits and I have neighbors but they aren't right up on me. There are maybe 6 houses on my street. I don't know any of them.. I wave once in a while when I am able to walk.. which I haven't been able to do for over a month now.
I sure do need some winter clothes, myself. I have a couple of sweaters. I think I will go to Walmart and get some sweat shirts and sweat pants. I have plenty of jeans. I need a new bra too.. I won't buy anything that anyone else wore as far as foundation garments.
@lisa0502 (1726)
It is horrible to hear about what happened to your mom. I am extremely thankful for our thrift stores in the town I live in. The clothing one offers a shopping bag of clothes for 6 dollars and boy do they ever pack it. Then we have a household thrift store and for about 2 months of the year we even have a christmas thrift store. This year I am finding that the christmas one is a little more expensive. But the money that they get from these stores are all donated. I can"t count how many times I go to these stores. Especially for the kids as they have grown out of their clothes. And with 8 kids it has been alot. Thank goodness for the thrift stores.
Some people just cannot keep their hands off of other people's things. We have a program here called Operation School Bell for the kids. My grandson got two pairs of jeans, two t-shirts, underwear, socks, shampoo and new winter coat. All for free! Sure helps with clothes. Especially when they grow so fast!
@cher913 (25890)
i went thrift shopping today and bought myself a hoodie and a few other things for making Christmas presents. although the prices are a little higher, they are still cheaper than paying full price.
@Nadinest1 (2040)
My neighbor and I went to a thrift store just week as well. She was cleaning her basement and ended up throwing away her winter tops. So off we went. She has a different style than me....I definitely realize....and she tucks in all of her tops....even sweaters.....she is stuck in the 80s. Thrift stores are the place to shop when looking for cheap clothes....sometimes you can't find a single things....other times it's great.
That's a dirty shame what people will do. Sadly that's one thing I never liked about those storage lockers they are usually just frames w/ chicken wire and a padlock such a joke. We had a nice one at our last apartment built into concrete with a metal door of our own