Could you live with a drug addicted person?

I could not live with anyone addicted to drugs. Smoking is bad enough in my book. Adding hard drugs will send me packing my things. I am sad that my friend is hooked on drugs and so is her man. They are having troubles with living a normal life. I would rather be single for ever than to live with that mess.
@Amanda81587 (3046)
It is very difficult. My boyfriend is addicted to pain killers and it sucks because it seems to be all he thinks about anymore. Sometimes he gets too high that he starts to hallucinate. I tried to move out but it is hard to come up with enough money for rent and security deposit. Plus when you have no family around to help you or money to pay someone to help you that makes it worse. .
@sid556 (31005)
No, I couldn't. My ex husband got all caught up in heroin and coke. It was horrible. It took me a time to catch on to what was going on and once I did, well, I loved him. I gave him many chances to get away from it ..to do something. Looking back, I do think he tried but those are powerful addictions and he got violent and very hard to live with. I loved him but I finally had to walk away from it all for the sake of our kids. We lost everything as a result of his addiction and mostly...we lost "US".
Well, addiction is a medical problem and I do think that there are some cases where it is not something that can be helped. However, I will say that it is difficult to live with a person that has an addictive personality. My husband has a problem with pain pills right now, due to the cancer treatments that he has been going through. However, it is something that I can live with because it isn't really hurting anyone. Now, if it would start to hurt my family, then it would not be something that I would be able to live with.
@hot21nc (46)
no, no, no, no. i've tried and it almost drove me crazy. i tried to get them help but that didnt work either. i was about to get crazy like i said. i was strating to think that i was smoking too. i had to get away. because that was to much pressure on me. i grew up with it around me all my life and thats the last thing i would want anybody to go through.
@winterose (39918)
well that depends, there are sometimes circumstances that make it possible. What if Adrien was not in the picture and your daughter was hooked on pot?