2 people, one e-reader, why are you sulking?

My partner and I decided to put all our paper books away as we have read them loads and have an e-reader. He has been using the e-reader for the past few days to read comics he downloaded. I took it back this evening as he had fallen asleep and started reading a novel on it. He then woke up at 2.30am and started complaining. I said take it, I can use it tomorrow, you can read your comic now. He got in a childish strop and went to bed without it, shouting at me about using it when he is using it. Sorry, did I miss something?
Wow, that is really childish behavior if you ask me. We don't have anything that we have to share at our house except for the television and I certainly know better than to ask to watch something on there when my husband first gets home from work because of the fact that after a long day at work, he just wants to relax in front of the television, however, he does know that I have to be allowed to DVR the shows that I would like to watch later.
@nerein (283)
That was not very adult like of him. He fell asleep so he should not complain about you using it while he is sleeping. When he woke up he should have realized that he fell asleep. As well therefore should have figured that you might end up using it while he was sleeping. So the only person that he should be getting mad at is himself.
@mommyboo (13198)
LOL! Spoiled baby . He IS a man, right? Ok, I'm only kidding, perhaps he's not a spoiled baby, PLUS he was sleeping. Point out that unless he could read on it while he was sleeping, he wasn't actually using it, and it belongs to both of you. I know this because I have one and I certainly cannot read it while I'm sleeping, I FELL ASLEEP reading on mine last night and woke up wondering why this light was in my face... ON my face lol. Apparently I pressed the button on it when it fell on me after I nodded off. Perhaps the answer is to get a second one - Christmas (if you celebrate) is coming up
@hot21nc (46)
its easy to get attached to electronics. so the best thing to do is get him to buy another one or you buy one. is this really worth your relationship. thats what its going to come down to if one of you don't let go and get another one.
Well, this just shows how personal a gadget an ereader is. I'm not really sure why your partner blew his top off (maybe he forgot to bookmark the page?) but these situations could be avoided if both of you just have your own. Save up for another one, I guess.
@enelym001 (8333)
Woaw I don't understand why he acted so childish about you using the stuff he is using. Will he forget which page he should continue his reading if you reads it too?