Moving

@Fishmomma (11596)
I recently moved to a different city, as we purchased an older house to fix up. It was been quite interesting to see us try getting organized. I'll admit still have boxes that need to be sorted and put away in the living room and the hall way. Its hard to decide where everything goes in this house. as there are more rooms. The only thing we won't be doing is painting, as my daughter took the purple room. She decided it was easy to cover the room with pictures. Its not just one color purple, as half is light purple and the half dark purple. Its the only room that is two different colors. One of the biggest projects will require somebody to come in, as there is no way I am fixing the fireplace. I have no problem with landscaping the yard and we have put in a pond now. The neighbors came to see our pond lighting. What home project are you going to do soon or already did this year?
@jillhill (37354)
I did some painting this spring and I have a weeks vacation this month and plan on doing a bit more...and replacing the carpet in my bedroom. Sounds like you are doing good though. A pond would be very fun to have!
@Fishmomma (11596)
Thanks for the reply. I am really enjoying the pond and we now have added a second light. The neighbors really think its cool.
@GemmaR (8527)
I'm trying to build up a property portfolio at the moment, and this means that I am constantly looking for new properties to buy. Once I've found them, I normally dedicate a couple of weeks to redecorating them and then I'll look to rent them out to people and make a fairly big profit that way whilst I am waiting for the houses and apartments to rise in value. I love doing it, because I always have to have something to keep me busy, and it's just something that I like to do with my life at this moment in time.
@Fishmomma (11596)
I have considered buying a place and renting it out. Several of my friends do well renting out a second house. Thanks for posting.
@ceasar09 (442)
Wow your really had beautiful and good house because the way you describe it just awesome, I would also want a second owned house where I can also experiment and do some projects to make it beautiful just like what you are doing. =) What project I want to do as soon as possible is to have a new paint to our house since the paint is becoming dull so i want repaint it to give it again some glow and different positive vibrations inside and outside our house. I already begin my project to arrange our garden and make it look better than before although this one is really hard and need some money to implement the plan i wanted to happen with our yard/garden. =)
@Fishmomma (11596)
I enjoy gardening also. My strawberry plants are on my patio. Hope to put in a small garden next year. Thanks for the reply.
I am looking for a house to buy in the near future on the GI Bill with no money down. I make enough to pay the mortage plus have some left over and I will have a couple of peoople living with us to help make the mortage payments. One thing that I am looking for is a large level yard and the house with plenty of room . I intend on putting in a goldfish pond and a large organic garden in the yard. Also I will make a fish room in the basement with a central filtration system. There will be a crafts room for our crafting projects (I put together Native American crafts as I am a "carded" Cheyenne). It will have to be seen after I buy a house as to what projects will be done in what order.
@Fishmomma (11596)
I have 1 fish tank running and one pond in so far. Another tank is up, but need to fill it and set up the filters. In the upcoming months will be working on a second pond and hopefully by January it will be built. Thanks for posting.
My husband and I bought an older house going on 4 years. It feels like once you are a home owner, you are NEVER done fixing it up. The first year, we painted all 3 bedrooms, living room, hall ways and the 2 bathrooms. Pulled up the carpet and put down tile in the living room/kitchen/hallway. Replaced all the old nasty chipped brown wood doors with the pretty white panel doors, along with a new front door. Second Year: Put wood floors in the 3 bedrooms and put in a sprinkler system for the lawn along with a 6ft private fence. Third Year: Closed our garage and turn it into a new living room. Now we are making plans for replacing/remodeling our kitchen. Then we will be DONE for a WHILE.. hopefully.. lol
@Fishmomma (11596)
I agree there is always something to change when you buy a house. I'm working on my fish room and so far need to build more shelves. Thanks for the reply.
We remodeled our entire upstairs over the summer. The in September we where badly flooded and had roof damage from falling branches. So the roof should be done tomorrow We had to rip out the entire first floor and basement. We have rewired the whole first floor, put in a new furnace and duct work. We did have a list of things to do now we have to do it all at one time. We are doing almost everything ourselves with the help luckily of family and friends as well as teachers and students from the college my husband attends. I have got to say we could not be more grateful to those helping us as we just don't think we could do this alone in sufficient time.
@Fishmomma (11596)
Its great when others are willing to help. Thanks for the reply. Hope all the work is done soon.