Do you put your Christmas tree up early?

I don't have a big one to put up just a table top one. I will be wrapping up my gifts soon so I can get them out of my way. Write now they are in my walking space. I see them everyday while I am trying to clear some space. I might just take them down to my mothers house where we all go to open our gifts up.. Adrians and mine can stay home to be opened up.
@jazzyrae (1747)
A I lived with my parents it was always the day after thanksgiving but this will be the first year with my boyfriend so I don't know what we will be doing.. I hope you are enjoying the holidays
I am really enjoying this season and shopping as well. I like to get everyone something nice and since I started early i can do it.
@jazzyrae (1747)
Ya. Am a holiday team I have to watch all the cheesy Christmas specials on tv and all that this is defiantly my favorite time of the year. I never got how people could hate this time
bI like watching the holiday shows as well. it is warm and toasty doing this while drinking hot cocoa..
I just put my halloween decorations away yesterday and started cleaning really good. I am doing my fall cleaning which includes washing walls. I am a house cleaner by trade, self employed, and now it is my turn. I did all my clients fall cleaning so they can get ready for christmas too. I have tomorrow off from work so I have today and tomorrow to finish and then I will be putting my christmas decorations up. My mom already took them all out of the closet and has the boxes in her room ready for me to start unpacking and putting out. We decorate our house a lot, every holiday. We are really into it. We only have a 3 foot tree because our house is too small for anything bigger. We keep it on a table in front of the front window but it is hard to see from outside because we live in a basement suite. We also have a 3 foot tree outside on our deck that has lights that play music also. We keep it out all year round and play it sometimes at night time just to confuse our neighbours. This year was the first time we left it out. It did cause a few conversations, especially from the guys that live across the backlane from us, they have fires almost every night in their back yard and have lots of company and a few times we could hear them talking about our christmas music, wondering where it was coming from. lol littlemissy here signing off for now, talk to you soon
I don't know what adrian will say when he sees my little tree this year. He had a bi one last year in his place as well. This year we will be at my house with my tiny table top tree.
I am sure he will like it. Who wouldn't like it, no matter the size, it is still a reminder of christmas. I am not quite finished decorating yet as I am cleaning at the same time. But I will be finished today and all will be ready for christmas. lol
I am glad I have no where to put a tree because that would be the most I would have to do. I have stockings and stuff I can decorate with though.
@ceasar09 (442)
We always put up our Christmas tree on November and we are just planning to put up it next week. We always build our Christmas tree early because we want to feel the presence of Christmas as early as November since it is very cold now in our place when it is November. And at the same we build it early because we may not have the time to put up the Christmas tree in December since we will then be busy planning for the Christmas parties and Gift that we will give to our family, friends and classmates.
I might put up my little tree early being I have my gifts already. I should get to wrapping them soon too.
@ceasar09 (442)
Wow good for you that you have those gifts and you just worry about wrapping them. For me, I haven't still decided what gifts should I give. =)
I have more gifts coming in the mail tomorrow. That will be going into my mans gift basket. I need a few more things to add to the basket before I finish my gifting.
@donsky14 (5963)
We usually put up the Christmas tree and other decorations after Halloween. Cause it kinda looks weird when Halloween comes up and we have a lot of "happy" decorations on the house instead of scary ones.
Most people around here wait till after Thanksgiving to put it up. Mine will be up early this year.
@mantis36 (4237)
i have no christmas tree but speaking of a christmas tree, i like the christmas tree in white leaves compare to the green one, because white christmas tree meaning its mid of December while a green christmas tree is not yet winter... but if you have already a green christmas tree, then i think it is good to buy a canister spray white paint so that the green leaves assuming full of snows... serve as icicles.... when spraying to take note that the white paint won't cover entirely the leaves....
I never knew people sprayed thier trees white.
@enelym001 (8333)
We also don't have a big tree, and we normally put it up in the middle and end of November. But this year I guess we won't be putting it up as there might be some construction in the house. I asked them to maybe start the construction next year, January... we'll I still have to wait for my parents decision and see if I can put up the Christmas tree. I'm so excited about it!
Maybe they can do the construction very fast.
@ardoy0731 (6865)
Haven't put Christmas tree as of now but my brother already put the Christmas lights at the terrace last week.It is nice and the kids love it.
bI don't even have anywhere to put up lights. My only window is under the stair case and that would only bee seen my the neighbors.
@dodo19 (34007)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I don't usually put up my tree or any Christmas decoration too early at all. I don't put things up until December, at least. My tree I usually try to get a week or so before Christmas, as we like to have a real tree in the house. It's just what we prefer, and like to have it for as long as possible throughout the holidays, which is why we wait until a week or so before Christmas.
bThose pines would get on my nerves. I like looking at them for sure.
We didn't have a tree last year. We will put it up this year I hope. I wish I could keep a tree up all year. Ours is a 7 foot tall artificial spruce.
That is a big tree and I would not have a place to put it other than my kitchen. That would not look right at all.
@airkulet (2705)
My son always asking for it since the end of september that's why we are already set up christmas decoration on first week of October, in our country we celebrate Christmas very long
hat must be so nice to see it would be so hard to wait to open the gifts if it were my daughter.
@Absinto (2398)
• Portugal
Where i live, not everybody puts there christmas trees up so early. The stores and everything in the city usually put it up around the middle of november but in my house we put the tree up always on the 1st or 8th of december. We dont really see the point of putting it up earlier where christmas is only at the ending of the month.
@joni1215 (394)
I used to put mine up the day after Thanksgiving but as the years have gone by it gets later and later. I could almost not put one up but I don't want to ruin it for my husband. He loves Christmas and I used to a lot more than I do now. That comes with losing so many that used to share in the celebration I guess. The only family I have is his and they are not real crazy about Christmas anymore. We all get together. So, I don't know when I am going to put mine up this year. I have a large silver tree and a color wheel. Was kinda thinking a white tree would be different. I have always wanted a live one and have done that yet. I think it's a good idea to take those gifts over to your mom's if they are in the way.
Having a child in the house make it better! We have another holiday we keep, St. Nicholas, on the 5th of December, and for that one I also have to make a little tree (it's an artificial one, but it works ).They get small gifts, mostly sweets, but it's still the little Santa, as we call it.
@almond24 (1250)
• Hungary
We celebrate the day of St.Nicholas too on 5th december. The kids clean and polish their boots and leave them in the window, then next morning they find a pack of sweets in them thinking that St.Nicholas/Santa bought it :)
Here there is a custom, that St Nicholas brings bad children a stick( so the mother has something to teach them a lesson with), of course it'a an old custom, but now kids get colourful stick just to get a hint that they weren't as good as they were supposed to be. We also polish the boots, otherwise he doesn't come :))
@jricky1 (6808)
I prefer to have my Christmas tree on the eve before Christmas.For i would have the fresh feeling of the great festival and it's amazing to put the tree in my house.Cheers and merry Christmas in advance.
• Mexico
Yeah! me too.. at about the 22nd 23 rd of Dicember, thereabout
@salonga (27955)
Mine is a six foot Christmas tree. I had it decorated all green this year. I actually have different color motif each Christmas and this year because I am a a green lover so this year, I'd like my Christmas tree to be all green. I have actually put this up a month earlier to give my home a longer feel of the Christmas spirit. Now I am already wrapping gifts and I'd put them under my Christmas tree. I really am so excited about Christmas as always!
Although I've thought very briefly about the Christmas tree, I know that we won't be putting it up early. Typically I try to wait until after Kathryn's birthday to put the Christmas tree up because I like to make sure that she realizes that her birthday and Christmas are two different things. You see, her birthday is on the 4th of December and I like to make a big deal out of her birthday just like we do with her brother's birthday that is in October.
@velvet53 (17719)
• Palisade, Colorado
I used to put my tree up the day after Thanksgiving. This is the way we always did it at home. Now with no kids around I wait until about the second week in December. I do leave it up until New Year's Day.
We usually put up the tree around Thanksgiving. It makes it all so much more festive for the day. And my grandson likes to open one present the night before. We used to have Christmnas at my grandmother's. It had been something we did for so many years it was odd and hard to get used to not going there after she passed.
I know it's horrible to say, BUT it's so hard for me to put my tree up. We have a huge tree and it takes so long to fix it all up. And to be honest, my tree always looks like crap LOL regardless of what I put on it or how long I spend on it. I usually put the tree up a week or so BEFORE Christmas then try to take it down shortly after Christmas. If we didn't have kids, we probably wouldn't put one up at all
@almond24 (1250)
• Hungary
We always set the Christmas tree on 24th December, just before Christmas day. The children usually help with decorating, and here they believe that the gifts that they find under the tree are from the little Jesus, not from Santa.