I guess she plans to let her run wild..

The landlord told her she needed to get a rug for upstairs. I hear everything. down here. I see the child has been running since this morning. room to darn room. I felt so bad the day she moved in I banged on the roof with my broom then shortly after the door bell rang. it was her asking if I could blow up he two mattresses. I felt so bad. That could not have mad me feel worse. The fact tat there is not furniture makes it worse. She has been just dropping stuff all day. I am going to save up a security deposit and look to move some where. not on the bottom floor.
That is why I will never move in an apartment with someone above me. I think you are doing the right thing and taking that step into moving else where.
I may even find a closet in my bedroom too. I know my landlord will be upset because he asked me to stay another year once he brought the fridge for me. However he knew what he was doing putting a child that young above me.
@joni1215 (394)
That is why we bought a house. We are very quiet people and no one hardly knows we are around. But, that always seems to attract noisy people as neighbors. We have been lucky here as out neighbors are mostly in our age group and older. So, no kids at home. Sometimes in the summer they have grand kids but they are pretty quiet. Maybe it would be cheaper for you to buy them a rug than to move?
I don't think the rug alone would do it. think they need padding on the floor and then a carpet. I am not buying that for no one but me,and I don't want carpet on my floor. I would hope I could find a place in my nice neighborhood though.
@joni1215 (394)
I hope you do.
The landlord talked to them and no it got better.
@winterose (39918)
It is hard to get the right place to live there is always something. I have good neighbours, I love my place it is close to the main street but the electricity keeps going out and we just can't put up with it any longer. So I am waiting on a low rental apartment.
@joni1215 (394)
Does the electric company tell you why the electric keeps going out? Does not sound safe to me.
@winterose (39918)
it is not the electric company it the house and the landlord has had the electrician come several times because he cannot find the problem, he says the electricty has to be out when he gets here but by the time he gets here it is back on. He says it will not cause a fire though
That sounds like a real problem as well. I would hope you can move out real soon.
It's really upsetting when tenants don't show respect for others I've only been in one rental, before I got my house, but in my case it was the kids of the landlord himself that weren't respectful. They would run up and down the hallway, yelling and screaming, slamming the doors, etc., and it seemed like I could hear every little sound. I didn't complain because I figured they were kids and there wasn't much he was going to do to make them be quiet. Then, I held a bridal shower at my place for my sister. I had maybe a dozen women over and we ate food and opened gifts and played some games. We weren't noisy at ALL because there were no children present -- no running, no stomping on the floor, nothing. Towards the end of the shower, maybe 9PM at the latest, a few of us were left cleaning up and washing dishes. The landlord's wife phoned me and asked when we were going to stop the party because it was too much noise!! I was infuriated I had put up with their kids all the time -- and especially if the parents were at work and the kids were home alone, they were REALLY bad. After that phone call, I decided that renting was just not for me and, by the time my lease came up for renewal, I told them I was moving out. They were so upset -- "oh you are such a good tenant!" "you made the place so beautiful inside!" "it's so clean in your place!" and on and on. I told them that I couldn't live with the screaming and stomping and running and overall noise any longer and needed peace and quiet. They didn't know what to say. Could you help the lady upstairs get some donated rugs for her place in the meantime? Maybe through friends or family that might have something to get rid of?
I don't know here well enough to even offer this. If she were to come here again I could ask her t listen to my ceiling while er child was running around.
Yeah that's for sure... sometimes people don't have a clue what it's like on the other side
The land lord went up there and now she is doing better.
@ravinskye (8242)
I could just imagine how much noise it is. When my kids are upstairs it sounds like they are going to come through the floor. I couldn't imagine having to listen to it all day long and not being able to stop it. At least with my kids I can yell up to be quiet lol. That is sad that they don't have any furniture.
@joni1215 (394)
It is sad that they don't have any furniture. Makes me think they won't be there long. I wonder if talking to them about the running would help. It's pretty hard to keep a small child quiet though. And many people are into letting the child do what they want to these days.
They are doing better now that the landlord went to talk to them about it.
When you live in a building where there are people below and above you, it is difficult because you never really know how sound proof your living quarters are. I mean, I've been lucky that the only apartment that I've ever lived in was actually a townhouse and it did have firewalls so you couldn't hear between the different units. However, I can only begin to imagine how much it would annoy me if someone lived above me that was noisy because I know how it can be when the kids are upstairs playing in their rooms.
We lived on the bottom floor when we had a two bedroom. I had to call the police several times and tell the landlord about these two young girls that lived above me. Always partying and music full blast. Now we live in a three bedroom and just have people on either side of us. The tenants are quiet now but that was not the case afew years ago. Ugh! One lady called the police on her husband one night thinking he was an intruder when he was just coming home from work. She was on some weird medication. We have had all kinds.