Do you think you could handle winning the lotto?

I am watching how the lotto changed people and it does. I would not want people hanging around me all the time begging for money. lIke people who really never liked me to begin with. Or the taxes taking most of the winnings I got. I like the show and would do a lot like these people. I still don't think I could manage winning millions of dollars.
If I were to win a great deal of money I think I would be fine. I know just what I would do, and who I would give money to. I am also pretty good at saying no to people and being firm about it. I know it changes people, but I would love the change. However I do not play the lottery so it will never be me.
I have a $2 card here that I have to cash in. I was made I bought $9 worth of cards adn lost all but,$2
That is the kind of luck I would have.
If I won the lottery I would be able to handle all of the money, but one thing to remember is to be careful with what you do with it. If I won it I would pay my bills and loans with it, and then what ever I have left I would use for other things that I enjoy doing. It really would be nice if I won the lottery because that money would help me out a lot.
@r3jcorp (1384)
Yes, and I am praying that I would be lucky to win some. It's the only hope for poor families to alleviate their living. Here, there are only few rich families, and the opportunities are always for them only. If ever I would win, I already have plans and the first one is to RESIGN and be happy with my family. I will built a lot of apartments for rent which would be a stable income for my family and of course donate some for poor relatives, neighbors and church.
That is a great way to never run out of your money. I would do the same thing if I made it even not with millions.
@r3jcorp (1384)
Yes indeed. I am not wishing for a fountain of money which never ends but only enough to make sure that my family will be happy and contended for a longer time. The rest of for charity, I guess.
@safety69 (592)
• Taiwan
I really dont know either if I could manage so much money. But , if that happens to my life I wont change from night to morning , I would use the money little by little and would invest some , and I would like to help some people from my family in need. Yes , its difficult to have money You have to take care of it. I dont like that part dou jajajaj. Good luck to You .
I would call my mother first and that would just about kill her too.
@rog0322 (2834)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Hi gifts, Its like praying for rain and not bringing an umbrella for the downpour. I would better be prepared for the huge amount. How about going away to that dream place for a start, packing away my favorite gears and letting go of all the daily grind to get a big break on the great outdoors. No use to hang around and letting people know I am a big time millionaire, it would really add up to headaches of having that money.
I can understand that as well. I would leave town with all my stuff and be no where to be found.
@averygirl72 (16656)
Winning in a lottery with big cash can dramatically changed my life. It will be overwhelming at first, as you don't know what to do with that big amount of money. Also a lot of people will flock you now that you have a lot of money. Its better if the price is tax free.
there is no way it would be tax free money. he state will get their cur off the top.
hi lost all my response darn oh for the chance to try to handle it as I would be in an apartment so fast you would not believe it and I would be so careful with the money,. I would get my son to move in with me and we would be really careful with alll that lovely money. I would be out of this rat trap of a retirment center really fast if I won the lottery.
One lady spent 35 grand on her new kitchen it was so nice..
@asliah (11149)
hi, winning to lotto will really change your life because of the money will surely do it,i could say that if i will win to lotto i will surely invest my money and save it for my family future.so in short i will use my money very wisely.
@jpso138 (7844)
I think it is quite difficult to handle when people know that you won the lotto. You will certainly be surrounded by lots of people even perhaps those that you barely know. Perhaps if I win, I will surely try not to show much fuss about it. I will help people in my own way without much fanfare to avoid the problem.
@ramonah (213)
I would probably be a little affraid and I would surely spread the money into alot of accounts at alot of banks. On the other hand I would probably become lazy.. or maybe that sounds harsher than it is. I would live out of the monthly interest that I can gain from banks. It's more than most people earn per month. What I mean is I would probably stop working and start doing more pleasurable things like helping some people, build a homeless shelter, an animal shelter, paint, draw because it's what I love doing but it doesn't really ensure a life right now as far as earning from it is concerned. So yeah, I would probably change in many ways but I could handle it surely.
@yippih (101)
My personal advice is to stay away from lotto, how many people could wining the lotto, there is less than one in million chance, keep the money and do a proper money management, i think this will definitely changed most of the people life, dont you agree?
@chertsy (3805)
I know I could handle winning the little. After the taxes was taken out, I would pay off my debt. Then, I would set aside most of the rest into savings, then buy things, my family truly needs. Would be nice to know I had money when something comes up. Instead of stressing over it. Since this is only dreaming, would be nice though.
@RitterSport (2452)
• Lippstadt, Germany
hi gifts why not...... It would only make one difference to me and that is I could quit working in that job and spend more time with my husband. Apart from this it would not change anything. I would stay the same person so would my husband, it would be nice to be able to relocate and replace some furniture which is years and years old by now but that would be it.
@lacieice (2065)
I don't think I'd have much of a problem handling a large amount of money. The firsr thing I would do is hire a lawyer. Hubby and I are retired and live on a very limited income, so I dream about this lots. The first thing I would do is buy a house in a different town to get out of where we live now...its not a good area. Next, I would buy homes for my son and daughter and their families, and get them each dependable cars. I would set up trust funds for my 3 grandchildren so they could get college educations. Now, I'm not talking about fancy homes, just nice ones in good areas. After all that was taken care of, I would find deserving charities to help...not extreme donations, but I think I would like to make some wishes come true through Make a Wish. And I would have some fun. I would travel some, see things I've always wanted to see. I wouldn't be worried about investing. There would be enough to see me through till the end if I plan right. They say retirement years are the golden years...if I would win lots of money, I could make that come true.
@ajpa23 (92)
If you ever win the lotto, it's better that you only tell your family first. I think the media will only tell the people that somebody had won the jackpot without mentioning your name. Isn't lotto tax free? In the Philippines, it's like that. So, I guess lucky us! Once you win or get some percentage of your money, it's good to move somewhere else. It's not that safe today. Lotto is a game of chance but I hope you'll win. It'll be amazing.
I think I could if I had a Financial Adviser and with a lot pf prayer. I remember seeing an episode on Oprah a long time ago about this very same subject. They had a Financial Adviser who basically said that anytime that you come across a large sum of money, you should get someone to help you manage it and invest it. It makes perfect since if you think about it. Most people who win that amount of money would just start thinking of everything they ever needed and trying to purchase it, when in all actuality- they don't need most of it, they really just want it. So yes, I think I could handle winning the lotto.
@dodo19 (32873)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Winning the lottery would definitely change my life, as I'm sure it would for a lot of other people as well, not to say everyone. I would certainly try to manage the money as best as I possibly could, as I would want to try and make it last as long as I possibly could. But I don't think that it would be easy to do. I certainly wouldn't want people hanging around and begging, just like you. But it's difficult to say what it might be like, when you haven't experienced it.
@derek_a (10902)
Yes, I think I could handle it without too many problems. I think initially it would bring some stress, as it would mean a huge change to a person's life to suddenly find that they don't need to worry about money any more and that they can live where they want, in the house that they want. Winning a jackpot, I would have to take care of my friends and family and those who are in needs. Depending on the win, not everybody in the world could be helped, but I would be able to help in my own way... Meanwhile, I can keep dreaming about it. _Derek
@thatgirl13 (7307)
• South Korea
I have read about many stories of people winning lotto but loosing everyone important in their lives. Some were killed for money, some just left and stuffs, it's heartbreaking. They thought the money would change their lives for good but it turned the other way round. To be honest, after reading all that, I don't really know if it would be a good thing if I won a lottery or if i could handle the winnings.
@sid556 (31005)
A bunch of us were just talking about this tonite. I don't think I'd want that much. It'd be over-whelming for me. I'd be clueless as to what to do with that much money as I've never had that much. As poor as I am, I really think that'd be too much. I don't really have a desire to be "rich". I just want to get by and a little more comfortably would be nice. I don't play the lottery myself. An old man has been buying me a ticket for years now and only once we won 7.00. the odds are next to nothng. In nearly 20 yrs, I've won 7.00 once. I would love to win some. Some would make my life so much easier and too much would just make it even more stressful, I'm sure.
@winterose (39918)
I thing I could handle it but the proof would be in the winning