Loud talkers in public..

I could not help but to listen to her conversation. She was someone I know from my old block and she was getting her nails done. She was telling her friend how she was having an operation on both her eyes the next day. She said how she left the contacts in her eyes so long and it damaged them both. she said she would just pour the solution in her eyes to clean the contacts. I thought of my daughter and her contacts. was lie oh my goodness how could a person neglect themselves in such a way. I would lose myself if I lost my eye sight. I know you would not but,I would. I could not have ignored this loud person if I tried. Do you find this happening when your out and about town as well? She had to ask us if that nail polish in her hand was the color on her nails. She handed the lady a bill and asked her what bill it was. That is terrible..
Some contacts are designed to leave in, and they do put you at risk for infection. I think only an idiot would be so stupid to leave regular contacts in like that. Even the extended wear contacts need to be cleaned. What was this woman thinking?! Contacts left in the eyes too long are a bed for bacteria to flourish.
@mommyboo (13198)
If someone is going to be that lazy, why don't they just get the disposable daily wear contacts, you just put on a fresh pair daily and toss them at the end of the day. I think you could even sleep in them but you'd still toss them, which would cut out the whole solution issue.
Exactly. That would be a viable solution.
My daughter has the long wear ones as well. We get 6 months worth and that works fine for her.
@jazzyrae (1747)
Wow that pot lady that's what happened when people get lazy though especially neglecting themselves. That is a very sad situation thigh and yes I hate encountering loud people I. Public it is. Ery very annoying and I think that it is rude but that is just me
No it is not just you.. she was rude and it was her own fault she is going blind. I hope they can fix it because she drives her son in that jeep.
@jazzyrae (1747)
Bad idea if she is blind bit yA it dose sound like her own fault
@Blondie2222 (21790)
That is a horrible situation. But yes I tend to go thru this alot. Espec at restaraunts and stuff some people talk so loud you try to zone them out but sometimes you cant. I tend to not listen into other peoples conversation because grown up I was told that was wrong to do and you don't want them knowing your business so why butt in theirs? But in this case atleast it was a conversation you can learn from and hoping this girl has a good recovery from her surgery, such a shame.
I do think that it is really the worst in restaurants because you cannot get away from it at all. That is why I do hear sometimes three conversations at once.
@lisa0502 (1726)
I have heard many conversations in public. Some of them are interesting and some of them I wish I had not heard. I am amazed by your story. How can someone do that to themselves. I would think that a person would at least take the minimum effort to take care of themselves. I have a son that is blind and I know how hard it is to be blind. So I make sure that I take care of myself. I hope people will read this and be more carefull.
She has a small son to take care of and I would hope she would want to see his face everyday. That alone would get me to care for my eyes.
@mommyboo (13198)
I find it more annoying to have someone I'm with try to shush me. Most times, other people are NOT listening to you unless they are being nosy, and my first thought when someone tries to shush me is to get louder. I don't speak THAT loudly but I don't whisper or try to hide what I'm saying either. If someone decides to be nosy, that is on them, not me, and as most people who are being nosy only hear PART of the conversation, it serves them right that they judge a situation based on a third or less of the actual information. I do remember being at the ER one time though and I heard a guy on the phone - he was in a totally different room - and we could all hear him talking about his infected foot and how long he had been waiting to be seen - I think all of the rooms on our side could hear him talking, but he was MAJORLY loud.... he may have been hard of hearing. In his case, we heard the entire 27 minute conversation, I think he was talking to a family member although I couldn't tell if it was his mother or his wife lol. He was an older man and he wasn't feeling too well either, based on how he sounded and his attitude with the hospital.
I can understand his point for being loud as well. This girl was just a tad bit lower than yelling her story all in the nail shop. She was at one end getting tips and the other girl was at the other end getting her feet done. She could not have kept a secret that day.
Wow that's crazy that something like that could make you go blind! I'm always very careful of my eyes since eyesight is so fragile and such an important thing to have. I would never risk my eyesight due to laziness. I always hear people talking loud in public. I don't mind it unless it's at school. I'll be trying to learn and there will be people yapping behind me so I can't even pay attention. It's so rude!
I find they are rude as well and many just don't give a darn what others say.
@MandaLee (3726)
Talking loud in public is rude. In addition, talking loud in public is disrespectful. When I am out and people talk loud, I feel uncomfortable. I wonder if people realize or care that they are broadcasting their personal business to the world by talking loudly.
Someone got arrested for this a while back on the news.
I actually don't spend a lot of time outside the house so this is really not something that I encounter very often. When I am out of the house I'm typically out with friends or family and we are usually engaged in conversation of some sort so I don't even have the time to listen to what other people are talking about. However, I do know that I really don't like hearing people talking at a loud level because it really grates on my nerves.
@megamatt (14331)
Yes, there are people who talk a little loud I think that I have encountered. And often times it would sometimes be subject matter that I would really not be all that comfortable with talking about in public or anywhere for that matter. And it is really not all that much more comfortable to hear the matter. Yet, there are going to be a lot of people who are going to talk rather loud, and don't really seem to care who hears it. Of course, it does amuse me when people who talk loud act offended at you happening to overhear them. What did you expect to happen? You were talking so loud that only the completely deaf could not hear you. So still people do in fact have no indoor voices all of the time. There are just going to be times where they talk loud. About pretty much everything. About things that no one is going to really hear a lot of the time.
@lilybug (21148)
The guy that I was sitting next to when waiting to be called in on a case for jury duty last week was like that. SOOO loud and he was sitting right next to me. He was talking to the guy on the other side of him about just about anything he could think of talking about. The people in front of me kept turning around and looking at him, but no one said anything. I was almost GLAD when my number got called.
@Dassodils (2013)
Hai friend...I hate such people who disturb others by talking loudly in public... They can talk with other people...But why they are disturbing others??????????? I feel them as culture less people...I have a friend like this...She always says any thing in loud voice...even her secrets...That makes her like a clown in class rooms..I advised her...But I realized that she will not change.... Thank you.........
I always encounter these types of people in my college. Most of them are especially girls. I always thought these types of people just wants attention.
ok
@inertia4 (27665)
Well I have to say I agree with you when it come to our eyes. I do not fool around with them at all. I have been wearing glasses since I was six years old and I never considered wearing contacts. And I never will wear them. Also, I do have sensitive eyes and I suffer form a condition called Keratitus. So, anything that could affect my eyes I stay away from.
Yes, I hear people talking all the time. Sometimes I am following two or three conversations at once. I feel badly for this lady even though her laziness caused her problem. There is a reason why they tell you to take them out to clean them.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
I think that is one of the most rude thing that a person can do. what makes a person think that others want to hear their conversation. I mean they are loud on the bus, planes and choo choo trains...lol. and it even more annoying in another language where you just hear voices non stop... I really wish people would be a little more considerate of others. But this it sounds like this lady had a much BIGGER issue.
@jaiho2009 (39019)
I usually encountered people like this in a bus or in a train. They do not care that they are talking to loudly. Sometimes i think they really do it obviously esp when they are answering their mobile phones...(s*ckss really)
@GemmaR (8526)
Sometimes, when people choose to talk like that, I often wonder whether the people realise that they can actually be heard by others or not. I would be inclined to think that they were not aware of this, because surely people wouldn't want to let everyone know everything about their business. When I am out in public, I never say things that I wouldn't want other people to know, because I am more than aware of who is listening in to the things that I happen to be saying at the time. If only everyone else was as careful!
I can't believe this woman didn't take better care of herself. Was this laziness, ignorance or both? I have run across some rather loud people. One lady getting on her kids and yelling at them right there in the store. If it hadn't stopped very quickly I may have had to step in and have said something.
@joni1215 (394)
Yes,many times I find it hard to ignore a conversation like you described. And I have to wonder myself how she could think it would be safe to put the solution in her eyes like that. I have never worn contacts and I won't because I worry about the safety of them. I am diabetic and so the eyes are something we have to really watch. I am afraid I might have been tempted to say something.