He should be shot charging $1400

The place was on the third floor walk up. The kitchen was like in the seventies and the closet was so small my treadmill could not fit in. The bedrooms are so small and my bed could not fit in it. My daughter could not fit half of her stuff in there. So,I said no to the apartment. I will keep looking over the winter months as well.
@carmelanirel (20979)
Wow, your title had me worried for a minute there. Yes, charging that much for a place with those kind of problems, should be smack in the middle of California... My neighbor's daughter just moved to Ca. a couple weeks age, and I couldn't believe the price of the apartment she is sharing with two other girls is costing..
Tat might be a very nice place she is renting out there. This crap would not be for anyone I know.
True, knowing my neighbor's daughter, she wouldn't rent just any place, but still, makes me grateful for the piece of junk I live in, because I am buying...
I can buy too with sec 8 it's just that you need to have a 10 grand deposit first. If I had that I would not need them.
I thought the higher you went the less expensive they got. Except for the penthouses ofcourse. My goodness. Is this for your daughter? I guess I don't understand. Is she coming home or is this for when she comes home? I am so behind in finishing up my Mylot responses. Those upgrades really got me behind.
Not that I recall from going to see various apartments in one building years ago. They were telling us that the higher we went, the higher the price was going to be. They were all identical units, just facing different directions. Didn't make any sense to me.
This is for myself and my daughter. She will be home for the holiday and going back to school. That was for a very small two bedroom apartment.
And Adrian doesn't like having her around?
Wow, that is really something else. $1400 is more than double what we pay every month on our mortgage and our mortgage has an escrow on it that covers our private mortgage insurance, homeowners insurance and our annual taxes. Our house has three good sized bedrooms and also a good sized office (officially a bedroom, but we use it differently). If you are looking for an apartment, I think it would be outlandish to pay any more than $600-$700 a month.
@thatgirl13 (7306)
• South Korea
Wow was that a monthly rent?? That is super expensive if you ask me. But since the apartment was crappy, was it in the centre of the city or something? If that the case, I think I understand.
@sid556 (31003)
1400.00 is insane for a small apt. The rents around here are very steep too and it is horrible. We have a college that has pretty much taken over the town and since they don't pay taxes, the property taxes for residents is much higher which makes the rents high. Most of the apartments here are 900.00 and upward and do not include heat or hot water. Any that are less than that are usually almost not livable. I would need a two bedroom one and those are really expensive for anything worth living in.
We lived in a place like that previous to moving here. In our bedroom, you could touch the walls, they were only 7' wide. One bedroom had no windows and all of the windows were too small to put in a/c units. we had no dining room, and the living room was far too small for anything. We paid the same amount that this guy wants for the apartment you looked at. Definitely not worth it.