Yet another violent OWS protester who wants free stuff

@Taskr36 (13928)
Apparently all that free food they're handing out at Zucotti Park isn't enough for this protester. The moron went into a McDonald's that most protesters have been using as their bathroom and demanded free food. When they refused to give the freeloader food, he got violent ripping loose a credit card machine and throwing it at employees. I guess those fast food employees are members of that evil 1%, just like truckers, Whole Foods employees, police, etc.
He was seriously expecting free food from McDonalds? That's just funny!
I took part in a protest here in Canada, and it was peaceful as could be. If you go to YouTube and look up Occupy Guelph you'll find my videos. I use the same screen name. People like the one you describe give the whole movement a bad name, and spoil it for protesters like me.
@finlander60 (1776)
I hope he gets a cell with someone who disagrees with his PROTEST. Maybe after a while he will learn to appreciate freedom.
Oh, he'll get all the free food his heart desires in prison. He'll have plenty of salads to toss. But sadly, apart from murder, these schmoes aren't going to spend more than a night in jail. They've already proven that you can get away with rape as long as you're against capitalism.
@dragon54u (31298)
I started to ask why in the world he would think someone owed him free food but then was reminded of myself about 40 years ago. I though every problem in the world could be solved if we got rid of money and everything was free. But I wised up after I discussed it with my mom. Seriously, this guy is an adult and thinks any establishment owes him free food?! I hope they throw the book at him. If he hasn't faced reality by now, he's a hopeless case and needs to be safely behind bars.
@Taskr36 (13928)
The funny thing is, if he hadn't been part of a mob looking for free crap, he might have had a chance. Back when I worked at Taco Bell as a teenager we gave free food to the occasional homeless person who walked in. A taco was only 59 cents at the time and we had a number of free taco coupons we could give out so it wasn't a big deal. In the situation at this McDonald's though, word would have gotten out quickly and the mob would have trashed the entire restaurant demanding everyone be given free food if anything was given to one person.
@Taskr36 (13928)
Yup, here's what happens when you do give free food to protesters... “Both carts have had items stolen, have had their covers vandalized with markings and graffiti, as well as one of the carts had urine and blood splattered on it,” said Councilman Carl DeMaio. http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/11/07/socal-street-cart-vendors-hurting-after-occupy-group-splatters-blood-urine/
@sid556 (31018)
And why do they get free food? I work and no one gives me free anything. Do these people not work? I would be more willing to listen to their message if the message were actually being spoken by a group of hard working people who had trouble finding the time around work and family to set up an assembly. I have to question anyone's credibility who has this kind of time to hang out protesting. I also don't buy into their silly 1%. Sure, there is corruption with big business and in our government. Not all that are wealthy fit into that category, I'm sure. One of my dearest friends is very wealthy...he does NOT fit their description at all. The 99% is not accurate either. There are many levels of income.On the opposite end, there are a group of people that can work but don't have any desire to and do not even look for work. They live better than many of us who work and struggle to get by. Their job is milking the system and are just as corrupt as the ones on the top that are corrupt. Are all the ones recieving help corrupt? NO. And likewise not all the ones in that so-called 1% are corrupt.
No. To me, if anyone is going to be violent and act like a fool, then they should get nothing. They have not earn it. If the protesters want anything, then they have to be willing to give something in return. Nothing is life is truly free. You have to earn it and work for it. Yes, there are some things in life that are free, very rarely, but not everything in life is. There must always be a sacrifice.
@bobmnu (8160)
This is what happens when you get a mob supported by some in the media and give legitimacy to their action. Soon they feel they can that the world owes them. This is not to say all those feel this way but the longer they get free stuff they want more.