Wow, our electricity bill was so high...

@lady1993 (20716)
I can't believe it, before it was just 200 or 300 pesos (5-8 dollars) , but then we got a computer and it became 600 (15 dollars), and just recently, I never though it would reach more 1000 pesos (25 dollars).. We do have a power saver but I am not sure if it works.. anyone have tips of lowering the electricity bill?
@phoenix35 (386)
You said your computer is new, maybe you are just excited about it, you use it too much. And fortunately, the electric bill did increase their demand this month. You should check your electric bill this month for comparison.
I mean check your electric bill next month. If we know our own electric company, they are really hard to comprehend.
I didn´t know a computer used up so much electricity. Your post has been very helpful. Now I will turn it off every time I´m not using it. Thanks. I do turn off light in places of the house I´m not in. And I heat only the cup of water fopr my coffee. But that´s about it.
I should get a new thermos. My old one is not what it used to be and the water gets lukewarm too soon. And yes, I love coffee.
@noscarl (105)
meralco increase their electric consumption, try to turn off your computer and turn off the lights if unused to save electric consumption.
@lady1993 (20716)
yeah, that is the problem sometimes, my parents don't bother to turn of the tv and lights when they do something else- like a chore or get something to eat... even though it may take a while.
@tessa9 (1086)
Our electric bill is also beyond high. I remember when it was use to be like around 1,000 pesos but now it is closer to 2,000 pesos. We don't e4ven use the air conditioner in my apartment. My boyfriend changed all of our light bulbs to LED. Although it is pretty expensive, it is better in the long run.
@lady1993 (20716)
We tried to use the air conditioner but stopped since it makes the bill higher- so my mom just uses electric fan. Is computer what makes your bill high too? I think i should try using the computer at a maximum of 5 hours..for a start.
THat is quite a jump! I would definitely check into the power saver and anything else that might be sucking more electricity than it should. My bill actually went down seven dollars. For that I am thankful. I hope you figure out what is zapping your electricity. Happy Mylotting.
@saphrina (31739)
• South Africa
Hi sweetie. No matter what country, high electricity bills are so common these days. You should see ours here in S.A. Anyway, see if you can get a Pre Paid meter. They are potent and you only pay for what you use. Much cheaper at the end of the day.