Wow...she looks 25

I was watching TV the other day and I saw a beauty pageant for children. I was appalled at all the make-up some of those little girls had on. Instead of looking 8 years old they looked like teenagers. I was thankful to see that they were dressed appropriately and not in skimpy dresses. I don't understand why so much make-up is put on this beautiful girls. They are beautiful without it. Have any of ya'll participated in beauty pagents? or do your children? Do you participate in the "natural" pagents where the children wear very little make up?
@Mashnn (4503)
I have not participated in any of them but I have watched some beauty shows. I think putting your child alot of makeup is not right. You should let your child grow and live like a child.
I agree, but then again I haven't participated in them either. I know some children love to participate in pagents but I just can't fathom why they have to have so much makeup on.
Yes, I agree. Don't take childhood away from children!
I agree Mashnn. I don't really have a problem with children participating, IF it is something they truely want to do and not something the parent is pushing on them and forcing them to do. I condon children wearning skimpy clothes, and I also so no to all the makeup. All children and beautiful and precious, I dont see why parents would want to cake the "fake" on.
@peavey (15865)
I have not and would not participate in beauty pageants for children. I think it sends the wrong message that you are your looks and that how you look is more important than anything. Kids need to learn other things. As to the makeup, I think it's awful. It just reinforces the idea that how you look is the most important thing in life.
I agree. I have a friend who lets her daughter participate in "natural" pageants. They were very little makeup which is so much better than having it caked on.