Thigs that make you go hmm?

Okay I was thinking why call it tomatoes? They don't have toes. he he he L.O.L. Why call it a hamburger? There is no ham there! Whay call it a hot dog? The hot dog has nothing to do with a dog? Why are some words like this? Makes me think hmmm? Who in the world made this up? L.M.A.O!! Can you think of anymore?
@sswallace21 (1824)
What about potato? It don't have pot in it. Oh, how about peas? I'm pretty sure no one peed in the can before it was sealed but now that I think about it peas do taste funny. You come up with some real fun discussions. I often wonder what can you think of next. Best Wishes!
L.O.L. Peas/ never thought of that one? hmm? I am thiNking of what can I talk about next? he he he L.O.L.
@lynnemg (4539)
Why do we drive on a parkway, yet park on a driveway? Why are they called apartments when they are a bunch of homes all together in one building? Yes, there are many words that make you wonder. What about potatoes....they don't have toes either!?!
L.O.L.
@tessa9 (1086)
lol
I am laughing so hard!!
@finlander60 (1775)
While many folks have never had a real hamburger, I have. I was in a little diner in a small town in Texas, reading the menu which stated that they had the best hamburgers in Texas. I ordered one of them. I had to admit that it was, indeed, the best HAMBURGER IN TEXAS. It was made from ground HAM.
I live in Texas and I have to say that some of the hamburgers here are really good.I have never had one made of ham though. My favorite is one cooked at home outside on the grill. Yummy!