Don't you think it's time to stop?

@Aja103654 (5658)
In this century, we people are lucky enough to be able to enjoy high technological gadgets in our every day life. The television is just one example. We wake up, turn the tv on as we prepare breakfast. and on days when there isn't school or work to go to, we spend our time at home, relaxing and enjoying a show on tv. This may sound really enjoyable, but don't you think instead of spending your time in front of the boob tube, you can do more productive things instead? My father is one big couch potato and he is so hard headed, he won't listen when i tell him to exercise! And it made me think, that there are probably a lot of people out there who are stuck with their same old unhealthy habit, watching tv the entire day and doing pretty much nothing else. Are you willing to cut down your TV time and do something else instead? What productive things could you do with your time?
I have more productive things to do than watching TV at daytime so whenever I get home, I usually turn it on at once to watch just about anything. I want to be "media-lly" aware at the same time, being out for work the whole day makes you want to do something that you miss doing, and watching TV is one of them. :) I was once a couch potato though, but like you said, there can be a lot of technological sides that you can deal with like the internet, heeding some music from iPods or texting and talking someone over the phone or even playing with Nintendo or playstations.. ;)
@Aja103654 (5658)
I'm doing those things too. Productive, for me, would be exercising and doing other things that you can enables you to make money.
Productive, for me, is doing things that doesn't make me feel bored. LOL
@Mashnn (4503)
I try to balance thing as much as possible but sometimes if there is a good program that I enjoy watching on the TV, I might delay doing the other task though at long last I still manage to do it but late.
@Aja103654 (5658)
Yep! TV can be a real distraction from something you are working on. What I wanted to say really in this discussion is the need to cut off the habit to start focusing on your real life and your health. ^^ Of course, balance is important. And TV keeps us updated on some things. We can't completely remove it out of our life.