"I have Changed! Believe Me!"

Have you ever said these words? How does a person convince another he/she has changed? Is it by words or deeds or Both? And if you were successful, how long did it take to convince them you had changed?
@Kish2328 (71)
As what an old cliche goes, "action speaks louder than words". As that being said, you will know when one person changed when you see it through his actions and being consistent about it. I believe that people change and so as feelings. Change comes from experience and realization. We must change not because we want to impress someone or we want something out of it - we must change for the sake of becoming a better human being.
Funny I never had the feeling I Had to be a better human. But then again I was convinced at a very young age I was evil.I agree that the change Should come from within and one shouldn't change to impress Anyone.
@katie0 (5212)
• Japan
I did change two or three things in me, I believe people can, mostly when we regret and learn by our mistakes.
@Rosa26 (2620)
Well in my case I don't remember when I said that I have changed I yes remember saying that I will change but I never changed, is difficult for a person change certain things,even when we try.
@inertia4 (27605)
Me change? Really? I say that is an impossibility. I am who I am. I have always been honest blunt. I see things for what they are and thats good enough for me. My life has changed, but I never have. I do not need to be convinced to change nor will I ever convince someone else to either.
@inertia4 (27605)
Nice, I like those thumbs up. I do have a question for you. A simple one. How do you make those smiley faces here on MyLot? Let me know. I never really looked how to.
@inertia4 (27605)
Nice, now I know how to do it. Thanks for this little piece of information. Now I feel stupid. Hey Now!!!!
@vexxus (708)
I think you don't have to tell everyone, if there's really a great changed that occur in your life and personality, the people around you and those you have not seen for a long time, they will notice your changes. If you plan to changed be it in a good way.
Great point. If you have really changed , people will notice.
@bubuth (1816)
It take a long time for me to convince my ex boyfriend that i have change..I need to prove to him that i've change not just in word but in action..I think it take a years before proved it to him.
Best of luck. I hope it happens way sooner than later.
@ShyBear88 (17158)
I never had to prove I've changed but there are people that had to too me. I always told them to show me because actions are louder the words. You can say things and never mean it. It's also up to that person and if they feel they should prove that they have changed for some reason. Some changes never need explained or proven.
@winterose (39921)
anyone can say they have changed it is their behaviour that will truly show if they have changed or not
@jillhill (37384)
I haven't...well maybe I have said that and don't remember. My ex husband used to say that everytime I left him just to get me to come back. It usually lasted a couple of days and then he was back to the same old person he was when I left.
@JenInTN (27565)
Well...I don't know that I have ever said that but I have certainly heard it a few times..lol. I know I have changed a bunch over the years but I've never had to really prove it. I think if I were to prove it, it would be more by deeds than words. Both of them might sway a person to believe it sooner though.
@thesids (22359)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi behen Convicing someone of the fact that I have "changed" takes a long long time and it is not that easy. I can say this from my experience. With most, the First Impression thing lasts longer and if you have been wrong with that Impression... chances are you rarely get a second chance... the world is quite harsh on this. Now, if you have changed, it is good. But making the others believe - you have to be on your toes and 100% extra-careful that you dont deviate.