Do you believe that animals go to heaven? Why or why not?

I'm not sure what I believe, but I would like to know the answer to this question. I know that some Biblical scholars do believe that animals are in heaven. I want to know what evidence is presented for the case of there being animals in heaven, and what disproves that animals may be in heaven. I hope that there are animals in heaven. It would be amazing to see our furry friends again someday on the other side.
Nobody can answer that question because nobody knows what happens when you die. Except of course that your life ceases to exist and your atoms that form your body go off and become part of something else. Despite all the talk by various religious leaders about going to heaven etc there not a scrap of evidence that there is such a place. I know people will say that is says so in the bible but the bible was written by men, not by the way inspired by god, who had no better idea of what happens when you die than you or I have. So I would forget about that and enjoy your life and the animals and try to do as much good as you reasonably can and as little harm as possible then whatever happens you will be fine
@maz1207 (221)
Yes! good one..nobody knows what happen up there but we should pray that everyone will be place in heaven. :)
Well if that makes you feel good then why not you pray.
@deebomb (15347)
Hello dolphin and welcome to myLot. I do believe that pet and animals will be in heaven. According to Isaiah 11 in the King James Bible the wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard with the kid, the cow and the bear will feed together, and the lion will eat straw and the and the toddler will play over the asps hole. So if you believe the bible then you know that there will be animals in heave. I do believe the bible so I do believe there is a heaven and there will will be animals in heave. I also believe animals are more intelligent than they are given credit for.
@iuliuxd (4453)
Actually that doesn`t mean the animals will be resurrected but it means there will be animals in heaven.So maybe you won`t find your old pet there but you can have a new one
It would be sad not to reunite with our old pets. However, I would be satisfied to find a new pet in heaven. I just couldn't imagine enjoying life without the inclusion of animals, and I'm sure many other feel the same way as I do.
@iuliuxd (4453)
First you`ll have to make sure you go to heaven , that`s the hard part.Then maybe God will give you your old pet back
• Venezuela
First, are you sure that the heaven exist? I think that heaven doesn't exist, and because of that the animals don't go to heaven.
@Noseclams (149)
I have always been told growing up that animals don't have souls and would not have the possibility of getting into heaven. I have a 3 year old german Shepard and I absolutely love her, and would really like to believe that she would be able to join me in heaven. Based on the christian standards to get into heavan, dogs wouldn't go. They would be unable to repent or pray or anything like that. But one can hope.
That's true, but they weren't created the same way as we are. They don't have the potential to sin, nor do they have the knowledge to correct their sin. I would think that God would create animals for the enjoyment of not only humans on Earth, but everyone in heaven as well.
I do not believe that animals go to heaven because I do not believe in heaven. My reason for that is way to long to go into in such a short response. It would almost require just starting an all new discussion on the subject. Sufficed to say that while I am a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE animal lover, I do not believe that they or I will end up in heaven.
Sometimes I hope that there is no heaven, but at the same time it seems so sad if there's no existence after Earth. However, I'd almost be relieved if there was no heaven, because then that would mean that there'd be no hell. I am curious to see why you don't believe that there is a heaven. I think that you should start a discussion on that!
@sender621 (14956)
I believe that both people and animals go to heaven. After all God created animals as well as people. Animals should not be left out of heaven's reward.
ican,t b/c they are animals.
@boyuancy (1709)
That's what amazes me the most and pulls me from believing in god. Before that have you thought why you got to be a human and the animal an animal?
I think it will be incredibly disappointing if animals are not in heaven, especially since they have such a short life-span on Earth.
Animals don't have souls like us..They die but no souls and only body.So not possible to go to Heaven and only we are the one will either go to Heaven or Hell because we have souls and complete.
Animals do have souls, but they don't have spirits. That's the difference between an animal and a human.
Animals will certainly go to heaven.
@lady1993 (13049)
I would love to believe that they are... In Philosophy, since one theory says that there are 3 kinds of souls and animals have one, then they are capable of reaching Heaven. But from other Biblical teaching, I think nly humans have souls and only we can be able to go Heaven..
Of course animals go to Heaven because they are living, worshipping creatures of God! Imagine how cool that would be to see your furry companion in Heaven with you, playing fetch in the clouds! Well, I'm sure it's not like that but I bet God does have a plan for heroic and friendly animals and the ones that are evils and attackers are going to he'll! :P I know I have a very biaesed view, I apologize!
I believe that all lower life forms will inherit the kingdom of heaven. It is only mankind that has to choose to follow the Lord.
@Gordano (791)
Hello dolphinlover198, In Islam we know that all animals will be resurrected in the day of Judgment, but they will not go to the heaven, they will turn to dust. The texts of the Quran and the Sunnah indicate that animals will be resurrected and gathered on the Day of Judgment to retaliate against each other. Also, traditions mention that once animals retaliate against each other, Allah The Almighty will order them to turn to dust, and they will become dust. http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/index.php?page=showfatwa&Option=FatwaId&Id=29341
@julianmac (397)
Hi dolphinlover198, Many christian scholars like Martin Luther, John Calvin, Dr. Albert Schweitzer the Jack Van Impe Ministries and the late Pope John Paul 11 support the belief that animals have souls and have a place in Heaven. There is no biblical reference to anything other than people dying and going to Heaven. However the Bible does indicate that animals do have a spiritual existence beyond the flesh. This question must have popped up in every pet owner's mind. Animals are sinless and cannot be held responsible for their doings as they act merely upon their basic animal instinct. So, in my opinion there shouldn't be a reason for animals not being in Heaven.