Is discipline right or wrong for kids and older?

I have 2c sistes live in the house and they are 17 and 18 i am the one who discipline them right.. Because i know ,and need to correct them,and to live them right,, How about you?
@Dominique25 (9476)
I think you are right. We all need discipline from one time to another. And most of the time discipline comes in the form of counsel and guidance. Even as adults it's good for us to apply the discipline and counsel that we receive. We all are imperfect and make mistakes. It takes humility to be able to accept the discipline and strive to learn from it.
Yes very true.Discipline is something a councel,and if others are saying something good for us,like advices, am sure you we are need to discipline and humility ,because we all mistakes,sometimes those mistakes is not corrected right..Even the child,need guidance from parents,and how much us that we need because we are growing.
I agree that children need a lot of guidance and direction. I think that it is very important to be consistent with children. That way as they grow the learn what to expect and what's expected of them.
@curmont (343)
Discipline is an important part of developing character and morals, if a person is raised without discipline they often lack these traits. I think it is a blessing that you are able to offer this discipline to your sisters if no one else is. Your sisters will one day be thankful for your guidance. You are doing the right thing
Yes i am sure that they will be happy, and i want them to live right and not like just do what they want that ruined their life..Discipline is important to protect us from any bad deeds or sometimes a lesson for us how we learn to dsicpline our self..
@eljayo (1107)
Hi! The bible says " Train up a child in a way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it". Discipline is very important especially for children, so that teaching you gave them will be with them until they have their own family. Teenagers are very hard to discipline, it may be frustrating but keep up and ask guidance from God. Even an adult needs guidance how much more a teenager and a child.Let us allow ourselves to be disciplined by our parents and those who have authority over us especially God. We will remember this and not regret it.
God's discipline is always right and profitable.Sometimes human ca't accept the corrections of God and we rebelled o it even it is good for us.. But we should allow our self to be corrected and for the good and for the future.. Training the child while young is good because their heart is tender,while adults is hard like a rock.. so it is needs guidance and discipline in right way is good for us..
I think discipline is essential for a person no matter how old they are. So if you have two old teen sisters in your house, you're still doing right in disciplining them.
Yes true,when we discipline other,and kids and self,family it is essential because we do love to be corrected and sometimes can't accept it..
@chiyosan (29388)
I think it is right for youto discpline your sisters, especially if you are the older one than them. you should obviously know better. You should however not be too strict and be lenient with them too for them to consider you like a sister-friend. that way they would even realize that you are disciplining them because you only want to help them become better persons and that you love them as your sister and wants only the best for them.
Yes, i am to stand for them because i need them to correct and especialy when they do their own and not submit but just want to do their own.. Well, i am to set as an example to them,because i want them to live it right like me.
@jpso138 (7844)
Well, discipline is indeed important to be successful in life and to insure that the person will not walk the road that geared towards evil and disrespect. I assume that you are the eldest among your sister which usually gives you more reason to instill discipline among your sisters. Me and my wife insures that our son is well disciplined and do our best to teach him the right manners. Though it is also important how and what way you discipline a person considering that to much may also back fire on us.