New Duster

@Anne18 (11036)
I know a lot of my friends on here will know that I do cleaning for a living. Just wanted to share with you all about my client's new duster!!! Its quite sad getting excited about a new duster but it is going to make my life so much easier. This duster is on a long pole and the pole extends so I can get right up into the corners of the very high ceilings in the hallways and get the dust and cobwebs down. What cleaning items make your life more easy to clean
I had a blue duster just like this. When I moved for the summer Summer before last I took with me. I ended up losing it and now am searching for a new one. They are great aren't they?! The new Bissel vaccum my daughter found works so much better than the others we have used. Bissel is a better product. Eureka is about a piece of manuer and a big waste of time and money.
@Anne18 (11036)
I haven't any bissel items, I think they cost a lot of money? I tend to go with basis stuff then it don't cost so much money. Sorry you think Eureka is rubbish, I haven't use anything by them either. I do get ot use some good items in my clients houses and again some are rubbish but I still have to use them as thats what is only there. I like ot do a very good job but sometimes don't feel I do but can't because of the cleaning items I have to use in there own houses and I can't take my own stuff, not that I can carry much on my bike!!
THey don't really cost that much more. Eureka is just junk. We have had several. It would be hard to do any job without the right tools.
@Anne18 (11036)
Yes I agree, had a naff hoover today to hoover while I was cleaning!!!! So awful at picking up the bits, but since its not a private job have to do my best job!! I do like ot do a very good job and give my best Caught you again!!!
@carmelanirel (20979)
Yes, those dusters do make life easier, doesn't it. I think the latest gadget I found was this plastic tool, about a a foot and half long, with little plastic teeth. You put this down the drain, and when you pull it back up, it removes any hair that is clogging the pipes. I love it, and it only cost about 4.00..:)
@Anne18 (11036)
That is very good, stops everything getting blocked up. We have plastic grid like plug thingis that we put in the plugs and they catch the bits in the kitchen sink and the hair in the bathroom when we wash our hair. They are very good indeed, anything is to stop your pipes getting blocked
Yeah I know, I hate clogged drains and my husband is no help until it is so bad he has to use a plumbing snake..I feel prevention is much better in this case..
@Anne18 (11036)
I agree with you all the way my friend
@joni1215 (394)
That sounds great. I like all the Swiffer products. And their dusters makes it easier to clean ceiling fans and mini blinds. The wet jet makes the floor feel so clean. I run around bare footed most of the time and I really enjoy a clean floor.
@Anne18 (11036)
My clients have some very good mops which make the floors so much eaier to keep clean and so much easier to clean. Some of the floors I clean are quite large. Myself I prefer to get down on my hands and knees and wash and dry the floors, that is what I do at home regardless of the size of the floors. But then I don't have a time limit to wash my floors! We walk around our own house bare foot or just in socks, we don't wear slippers, our children won't wear them so gave up buying them. Socks are so cheap to buy
@JenInTN (27565)
I tell you what I have come to love...the Swifter. I don't use the wet mop version but the dusting cloths are awesome!!!! I clean houses on the side and it is wonderful for shining hardwood floor up. Broom leaves stuff or misses unsettled dust but that swifter gets up all that! I also like a product called Kaboom. It's really good for tough bathroom situations...hard water or rust stains. I use Bar Keepers Friend too. You know those grey marks that get on sinks sometimes from pans? Well...Bar Keepers friend takes that right off.
I wish I can find those items you mentioned here in our country (^_^) They really sound so effective and useful overall!
@Anne18 (11036)
Yeah... JenInTn.. we are in the same line of work. Its nice to find somone else who cleans houses as well. How much do you charge per hour to clean other people's houses? I have two prices, one for my private cleaning and I get a different price for cleaning my old folks houses as I get them from an orangaziton I haven't heard of some of the products you use but very pleased that they work for you. Happy cleaning my friend... any other tips you have gratefullly received.
@Anne18 (11036)
Fortunebee.... perhaps you could go on the internet and see if you buy them from there, hope you can get some very good cleaning stuff in your country
Congratulations to you! That'll give you more time to do mylot! *Wink.. I had troubles cleaning my room the other day - so much trouble actually. I need a duster like that!
@Anne18 (11036)
Thank you my friend I wish I had more time on mylot, but never mind.. this is an extra slot ofr me to catch up as I woke early and couldn't go back to sleep. The children will be up soon and then I'll have to go and do breakfast and jobs!! I will be back later today though. You have troubles cleaning your room... wish I could come and clean your room for you, I wouldn't charge you too much money
Yes you may clean my room if you want! But, I'm currently in the Philippines and even if you won't charge me too much money in labor, I'm sure I'll be pretty beaten with your fare just to go here! Haha
@Anne18 (11036)
Sorry that you love so far away, I knew you would be miles away from me. I could always do a virtual clean!!
@ravisivan (14055)
In India we normally use broom stick for sweeping the floor. For cleaning the ceiling level height-- we have a separate broomlike thing. Apart from that we use cloth duster to dust out television, table and other places. In some houses in India, they have people to do this job separately all the time.
@Anne18 (11036)
We have brooms to sweep the floors, my cat likes to chase my broom when I sweep floors before I wash them. We have yellow dusters to dust the surfaces etc.... I don't know why they make yellow dusters in England. I am one of those people who goes round other peoples houses to hoover and dust.. good money it can be
@ravisivan (14055)
There is a lot of discussion on as to why dusters are made in yellow colour. link: http://www.guardian.co.uk/notesandqueries/query/0,5753,-1726,00.html apart from this so many other sources are there on this topic. But the more I read I got confused more. Please go through these and tell me what can be the possible reason. Happy to note that you go round to others houses --do work and earn money. I remember you returning to mylot after six months or so and you posted a discussion say a month or two back. have a good day.
@Anne18 (11036)
Thank you so very much for remebering me and welcoming me back. Thank you also for the information, sometimes somethings look simple and then when you go into them they are not so simple!!! Life sucks sometimes doesn't it??!!!
yes! its this amazing thing i got in a pound shop! pound land i think to be exact! i have a little puppy, a chihuahua, which are known for being horrendus to house train. and he is no exception. he's getting better, but he does have accidents, especially when he just wakes up! and we have carpet in our living room! and it was destroying my soul trying to keep it clean and tidy and mop up his pee! then i found this amazing foaming cleanser, that you put onto the carpet, and it actually cleans, and drys up the "spill" and then you simply scrub it away with the bristley nozzle! now how awesome is that?! how.. i want this duster please lol!
@Anne18 (11036)
Hope your dog is getting house trained... Duster on its way to you
I know that it would really make my life a lot easier if I just had a maid to come and do my cleaning for me, but that is definitely not something that I can afford, so I will look at the things that I actually have and I will tell you that my favorite piece of housecleaning equipment that I have is my carpet steamer. Having two children and four animals in the house the carpet can get very dirty very quickly and my steamer has had a lot of use.
@Anne18 (11036)
Yes it can be an added cost that we don't always want ot have someone to come in and clean for us. I haven't a carpet steamer but glad that you get on really well with it, you sure do need one with four animals in the house. At least I now where to come if I need to borrow a steam cleaner!!LOL
@flowerchilde (12547)
The best thing for me would be a dish washer.. I have been washing a good amount of dishes pretty much every day since being twelve years old, and I am now 56.
@Anne18 (11036)
I like washing up, its MY JOB in our house. I would hate to have a dish washer. I'm 48
@WakeUpKitty (8706)
• Netherlands
I liked to watch that program: how clean is your house. Esp. the tips/advices they gave how to clean your house with simple things. It also inspires me to do a bit more since it take them soo less time, way less as it takes me. I have a broom to do my (wooden) floors and wipe. They have long pole too so I can stay straight up which does save your back. Same with the way how to use your vacuum cleaner (always stand up straight). Seldom use the vacuum cleaner, my son will do it once in a while since the dyson is too heavy for me to carry up and downstairs. I think many people work with brooms, wipers etc with a way too short pole, always bend forwards. Same with how we do the laundry or a cooking (sink way to low). This all is bad for you back since these kind of attributes are forcing you into a wrong postion. I also use small buckets with water and seldom put them on the floor.
@Anne18 (11036)
I love How Clean is your house.. watching it alkways makes your house look so clean and tidy and like a palace even if it isn't because its no way your house will be that bad. I like ot see how they clean the houses and the tips they give you to clean them. I also like it when they go back to see how the person is getting on with keeping up to date with there cleaning. My children like ot watch as well, doesn't make them any tidier though.. they just say at least my room isn't that bad!!LOL Thank you for sharing about keeping your back upright while cleaning so you don't hurt it
Nowadays, I would say that mops and it's customized bucket with a squeezer (I don't know if that's how to explain the bucket) really makes my life easier to clean and this goes to cleaning after my dogs. I know that my sister and I share the same sentiment, ever since we have our dogs and cleaning their areas inside the house became part of the routine, mops and the bucket became our best friend...LOL, I should say that because of this, we basically mop our floor almost everyday! Those are my handy tools that I can think of...
@Anne18 (11036)
I have one of those buckets at a house I go ot clean, they have dogs as well and it is a very good way to keep the floors clean. I knew excatualy what you were on about.. that must make me a very good cleaner!!LOL
It would be good if I'll be able to buy a vacuum cleaner. I hope to buy one because I'll use it removing the dust from my pillows, mattresses and books. Also, with my 2nd hand car, I need a vacuum to make it easier for me to clean it. Currently, I just borrow a vacuum from my brother whenever I need one.
@Anne18 (11036)
Hope you are able to buy a cleaner very soon, and hope that your brother deosn't live too far away away from you to borrow his cleaner. My neighbour has just brought a new cleaner, she was coming to borrow ours when she wanted to do some hoovering.
@wongchoiyee (7421)
Ooh great to hear this. You will be at ease while cleaning. I use brooms and mops to clean my room only and others as well.
@Anne18 (11036)
So pleased that you liked to read about my duster, glad that you have very good things to clean with. Happy cleaning my friend
@indahfth (11173)
I do all the work, be happy, and excited, it was very easy for me to do house cleaning. No need special tools, to facilitate my work. The tools are available at home is enough to help me.
@Anne18 (11036)
Glad that you enjoy cleaning your house. I like to clean my house and other peoples houses. I am told that I do a very good job, I like ot leave the houses nice and clean so when the people come home they are pleased ot walk into a clean house. Also my older folk I clean for they like me to chat to them as well so they get two things, a clean house and someone ot stop them being lonley for a short while
@BarBaraPrz (20753)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Blindfolds for my guests...
@Anne18 (11036)
I used to wish that when I was in my 20's and had a flatlet that I just couldn't be bothered to clean. I shudder now at how dirty and unclean it was and how I couldn't be bothered to od any general cleaning. But you can't rewind the past can you. I'll close my eyes when I come to yours for cooffee