How can I give an order to the others?

I have been working for a private company in Telecommunication sector. I have a difficulty at giving orders to the others. How can I improve my commanding skills? Is it related with my soft personality? I am afraid of lack of self confidence. What suggestions could you give me?
@Bluedoll (17208)
Here is a suggestion. Just like in the army where orders are loudly presented or in the navy were a commander issues directives, so there can be differences in style of leadership. This is true in regards to a private company as well. You choose your method, by forgetting your current assigned title but do look at the difference in these two styles defined just here. manager = hard team leader = soft Both do the same thing but very differently.
Could I get any e book which could show me a road to improve leadership skills?
@Bluedoll (17208)
I wish I could recommend a good ebook but nothing comes to mind at this time. I’ve had the opportunity to attend a few seminars on the subject in the past but was not sure of the sources. I would recommend the following book. How to Win Friends and Influence People. - Dale Carnegie “Be a Leader: How to Change People Without Giving Offense or Arousing Resentment Begin with praise and honest appreciation. Call attention to people's mistakes indirectly. Talk about your own mistakes before criticizing the other person. Ask questions instead of giving direct orders. Let the other person save face. Praise every improvement. Give the other person a fine reputation to live up to. Use encouragement. Make the fault seem easy to correct. Make the other person happy about doing what you suggest.” – Dale Carnegie
@mr_pearl (5037)
Hi there... Getting things done by subordinates is not too simple.. If you sounded rude or bossy, you may find it difficult. Remember a few things... * Use the name of the person * Use words like 'will you do me a favor, John?' * Don't shout when its unnecessary hope this helps..
Thanks a lot for suggestions. I try this way.
The commanding power mainly depends on the air which you take in and out. So the air which you take in and gives out plays and important role. Practices make an man perfect. So my advise is practice each day in front of the mirror to make you commanding power more beautiful and wonderful.
@jtj_hello (627)
The reason why you are having issue with giving orders is because you doubt yourself. Self confidence is what people are looking for in a leader. If you don't have that then that will be alarming. How come you were in a higher position of you don't have self confidence. If you think that your being soft hinders your ability to command then you are wrong. People who has good interpersonal relationship with their subordinates normally are being followed once order was given without any hesitation. Try to talk with you HR regarding this issue or to your manage and see what else can they do.