The store changed the prices.

I went shopping twice on aeropostale.com because the price could not be beat. Then a day later I got an email saying take an additional 30% off sale items. I went and they raised one item from $8 to 20. I thought that was out of this world. I waited a few days and the prices stayed the same. Last night I could not help myself. I emailed them and I told them how I just love shopping with them and I am highly pissed with the site. I said you cn check my past orders to see that I am a great customer. I said Iam on a fixed income and poor. I said I just placed two orders wile the prices were good for me and I was fine. Then I told them about the prices that I saw were hiked. I told them how that was so unfair to online customers and a rip off. I said,I have a site with thousands of friends. I don't want to spread this online but I will. I will tell all my friends about your site. I then said,I will be back to check and see the prices so I can see about shopping. Today,when I went on the site and they lowered the prices of the clothing to what I had paid. The only thing they did not change was the bag prices. I don't know if it was because of my email or not. But,i will be shopping there again.
I wonder if someone checked the items you mentioned and changed the proces. That is what it sounds like. During the holidays alot of such things happen and people really need to keep watch for just these sort of changes. Because places are so busy and there are so many people they really don't check or care.
I would hope that it was a mistake and if so the bags should be lowered as well. I bought two of them and should have bought more. But,i have time to wait.
That is when you usually find the best deals. When you have time to wait.
I am going to wait till someone tells me when cyber monday is. Do you know when this is.. thanks
@bjc66bjc (6745)
you go gifts...good for you for telling them a piece of you mind..remember its the squeaky wheel that gets the oil...If you as good of a customer as you stated I am sure they did not want to lose a terrific customer...keep shopping!!!!!!
Girl friend I am calling you right now.. did you see that you made a yellow star and your on your number by your name. You go girl.
@sid556 (31003)
It goes to show you that it never hurts to speak out. $20.00 is a huge price hike. I'm wondering if others also wrote and complained. Maybe if they got enough complaints they felt they had to reconsider and lower the prices rather than lose a lot of good customers.
I would only hope so because that is not fair at all. I need those items for my gift baskets and would only hope they would be fair to customers. I am glad I emailed them too.
I've noticed several online stores doing this. I bought a pricey pair of heels a few weeks ago and a few hours later when I went to revisit the link to show a family member, they had been raised nearly $20. Sometimes you get good bargains. I wouldn't really email a website about it, though. It's their decision whether or not they up the price, but good for you that they lowered it back!!
I will always write them if they do something unfair to me. I have an online store and even though I am a small fry. that would never happen to my customers. Welcome to mylot. see you around..
@alberello (4755)
I have never shopped online, although I realize that this will be the future of commerce. In Italy there are different types of sites like this, many offering extraordinary discounts. To be honest though I was always afraid of being cheated.
A place with a good name like Avon or Amway or Amazon isn't going to cheat you. If something is wrong, you will get good customer service. I've been cheated before, but it was by a site that I didn't know... I did get my money back by placing a written complaint to my bank... and they handled it from there and got my money back into my account.
I believe I read somewhere before that this is illegal for them to raise their prices up right before a sale. I'm not sure though I could be wrong. I'm glad that you did email them even if it wasent what caused them to lower the prices at least you got your point across and maybe they will take notice of it and not do it again. Who knows. Good job.
I think it is as well and it is wrong of them.
@SomeCowgirl (32266)
I think it might have been aeropostale before that was in the news or atleast I read about for about the same thing. They do that to make people think they are saving when really they aren't, they're paying about the same price it was a week ago, just up a little more. I don't shop at "mall" stores which is what I call aeropostale. I might buy some clothes offline that are more expensive, but it's only because it's of good quality. Anything from aeropostale you can get from walmart, minus the logo. That's just me though.
Good for you Gifts for writing them. I think customer feedback is very important. If you are a good customer, you have every right to tell them what you think and that you won't be shopping as much because of it. They might have read your email and lowered them... you'll never know unless they write you back... but at least they did lower some prices, which is a good thing. When prices are great, I am more likely to spend MORE money. I would rather buy 30 99 cent items that I can gift out than one item for $30... that's just me.
@winterose (39918)
sometimes talking up really helps, you just might have convinced them to change their prices
@jtj_hello (627)
Sometimes, it's really good that someone will remind this company that the price change was so sudden and unbelievable. Good thing you did just that. If not then probably a lot of innocent people have been victimized by their sales tactic. I don't see a reason why the price suddenly jumped more than 100 % of its original price. In the end, I think your email provoke them to change the price knowing that someone noticed what they did. Keep on doing that for your benefits and other online shoppers.