Do you have ocd?

Do you need to have everything in it's right and proper place? does clutter bother you to no end? Is there anything that is out of place really bothering you? I know adrian has this and I am driving him crazy. LOL he had to organize my empty boxes today. He wanted to fold them down and store them away. I said,no because I would have to take my time taping them all back up. wasting my tape and time. I have these baskets and boxes here in the way because I need them for Christmas. This place is small and I even have clothing stored in my kitchen. I don't have a closet. LOL Poor adrian living like that must be terrible..
@Mashnn (4503)
Hi. By the way, do you know that we all have some degree of psychiatric problem but the only thing that differentiate us with the psychiatric patient is the ability to control it. Have you ever experienced something like I feel sick on my body yet there is no illness, you see a guy and think he is almost ready to rob you yet he is just a cool kind guy, You think your friends are talking about you, you feel as if there someone walking behind your yard yet there is no one. Those are some examples of psychiatric problems that normal people experience in life yet we tend to think that we are normal while infact we are not. About the OCD (Obssessive Compulsive Disorder) is one of most psychiatric disorder that is experienced mostly by those over nealty peope and very well organized.
You described me and adrian in this post. LOL. I always are people walking behind me and no one is there. I have a hard time with this in the winter when leaves are on the ground. I am doing better with my meds though.
@Mashnn (4503)
It is good that you are arleady taking your medication. I wanted you to understand that we are somehow sick all of us in certain way or another.
I will not go a day without it. I can go out at night now and I can have company as well. Thanks
@winterose (39921)
that is not ocd, ocd is very debilitating mental disorder. that ruins a person's life. For example I had a client (I was a therapist before I became disabled) who could not play a board game, because he couldn't move the piece. He would move it and then put it back, move it and put it back, move it and put it back, he couldn;t help himself and nobody ever wanted to play with him
I am shocked to hear this I was told the way he is he is so compulsive over having stuff here and there that he had ocd. I hear you though. I need to find the word for his behavior now.
@winterose (39921)
was he clinically diagnosed by a psychiatrist, psychologist, counsellor, or medical doctor, just reading off the net does not count you have to have the training to know. and there would be more testing. Right now with what you told me, it just sounds like he is a neat freak and many people are but that does not mean they have a serious mental disorder ocd is a serious mental disorder.
I have OCD, which, is bothering me terribly right now. I have this really weird feeling and I'm very anxious. But anyway. I'm not the same with my OCD. I don't mind things be "slightly" cluttered, because things in too much order will drive me crazy, I just don't think it's natural. However, there is a method to my madness. I keep my clutter organized. If I set a paper down on a stack of papers, or something similar, I don't mind it. It's when people come and touch things and move them that bothers me. My mother once cleared off my dresser and put a TV on it. I cried for a few hours because she had moved things and put them somewhere else and I no longer had space just for them.
I feel bad reading this I would hate to make adrian cry. I will move some of my boxes tomorrow. I am glad you have a system that works for you.
I think what you describe is just a 'man thing'. My ex used to be the same way. He would be cleaning while I was at work and would invariably through something I wanted away. I remember you talking about storing clothes in your kitchen. Men just like things organized. Drives them crazy for sure.
he can't see the clothes unless he moves the front of the closet. so,he had better leave them alone. LOL
I doubt he will venture back there.
@CTHanum (8254)
I want my things to be in the right order and place. I just not used to change the place as it will cause me problem in finding them. I don't like others to touch my things otherwise it really drive me crazy in figure them out. I am sure most of us dislike others to touch our things but get them in order is really my habit~(^^)
That is great and I can understand your concerns. I like my stuff left alone as well.
@joni1215 (394)
Oh wow,I can't imagine not having any closets. Are you still thinking of moving? Yes, I do have OCD to a degree. Not like Adrian but still it's annoying. Hope you get those baskets together soon so you have more room. I bet they are gonna be neat too. Trying to think of a place where you could store the baskets. Other than the trunk of your car I can't think of anything. Good Luck!
There are over 12 baskets here so The full ones are on top of the kitchen table. I have no place else they can go. I am going to move as soon as I save enough for the security deposit. That I already started saving but,Christmas took what I had for right now.
I have ocd. I've always had it but it wasnt diagnosed until I was about 15. When they put me on medicine for depression and bi-polar it has helped a lot to reduce the obsessiveness. I have big shoe boxes full of pens. I cant just have a few pens in the house or carry just one pen with me because I'm afraid when I need one I will use it and it will run out of ink and then I wont have one. It makes me sweat to think of it. There are a lot of other things that were really bad but I'm learning to deal with now such as every corner of my towels have to be lined up and folded properly. My daughter and my husband would once in a great while help me fold laundry and I would thank them and then refold it myself so it would be folded how I needed it to be lol.
Adrain can't fold any of my towels or sheets. I have to fold them because he does a terrible job at it. My mother is like you with pens you should see her table and her draw.
YES. I can't find myself resting and sitting while there's a lot of work to do and to be arranged. I easily lose my patience if it's not according to what i want it to be arranged or cleaned that's why I don't want to have a maid because i know I am hard to deal with in cases like this.
@mariahhh (1328)
• United Arab Emirates
I was going to start a discussion about this, good thing I search this first in mylot search bar lol . I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. It's really hard to have one. At first, it's kind of funny, because I always have to put a certain thing in it's proper place every single time, I always have to check the stove, the door lock several times before I go to sleep. But sometimes it's worse and is wasting lots of my time.
@mayka123 (10546)
I have a boss who has OCD and he drives me crazy at times. At times when we are busy concentrating on some urgent assignment and he sees a paper a little out of place he leaves everything aside to put that paper straight. I get a bit irritated at times if it disturbs my work. No one in my family thought has OCD.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
Yes I live with OCD. I need everything to be in its rightful place at all times. It is so frustrating but its just the way I am. I think its because my mom tends to be a hoarder of sorts. She is not as bad as the people on the show "Hoarders" but she could be if my dad was not around. For this reason I believe I'm the extreme and just love to have everything where it belongs. Right now my office is killing me but its because I don't have enough storage. So I have to get this room in order before Thanksgiving.
I've never been diagnosed with it but I don't have any doubt in my mind that I have a small form of it lol. I've always had it in me and it was worse when I was younger. I think around 10 or so I was at my worst with it and I wanted everything to be clean and I didn't like a mess. Now what bother's me the most is crumbs around, I always have to clean tables if it's dirty or if anything spills I freak out sometimes. It's not to a bad level at all. It doesn't control my life or anything near that thankfully but I think a lot of people have some OCD in them.
Poor Adrien! That's so funny. It must be really hard for him to resist trying to 'fix' everything the way he wants it in your home. I have a friend with OCD and she can't do her own laundry... it will climb to the ceiling. Her hubby took over the laundry. I used to do it for her a lot when I lived next to her. She also wouldn't empty the trash.. it would fall out on the floor because she was afraid to touch the 'germs'... she would fuss with a picture frame for hours trying to get it right... she is just plain funny.