Jollibee or McDo?

Here in the Philippines, McDo and Jollibee are two of the most popular fastfoods. They both have affordable meals and good for kids. For me, I prefer Jollibee because there are more choices with rice. As Filipinos, we are used to eating rice. I also observed that here in our place, and in some places, Jollibee is neater and has more polite employees than McDo (no offense meant, that depends on the management and employees. Which one do you prefer and why?
@cearn25 (3460)
Yes, the two were popular in the Philippines. My boyfriend and I choose to eat in Macdonald's because we both love their fries and sundaes. BUt when I am with my mother, she prefers more to Jollibee. My mother likes the floats in Jollibee. Well, it depends on the person where he would like to eat. Let them decide.
Yes, but I guess here in the Philippines Jollibee is more preferred by many because foods are catered especially for the Filipino. McDo and Jollibee have meals, desserts, or snacks that we like although not in the same level. Happy mylotting and happy weekend!
@cearn25 (3460)
Yes, that is true. But I would just like to share this experience of mine with Jollibee staffs. Last Saturday, that was November 12, My mother, cousin and neighbor went to SM. I accompanied my neighbor in buying a brand new laptop. Before that we went first to Jollibee to have our dinner. Since we have with us my cousin who is just 3 years old and is fun with toys, he suddenly wanted a toy which he have seen in the Christmas tree of Jollibee. My mother talked to a Jollibee crew if she could ask that toy but the crew said that it is only for those children who can't afford. My mom was very angry to the Jollibee because they are so hard and strict in giving that toy. My cousin then was crying and crying, rolling on the floor wanting that toy. Sad to say we gave it up. I didn't force the staff to give it to us. And I said to myself, 'how cruel of them' and 'how stone their heart is'. Can't they see the child begging for that toy? And yet they can't gave it? It was a waste of time and tears indeed!
Sorry to hear about that, but just to pacify the child maybe you could just have bought the kiddie meal which has a toy with it. But then if a child wanted something that bad, even if you buy him another kind, he/she would still cry for the one that caught his/her attention, like your cousin wanting the toy on the Christmas tree. Have you approached the supervisor/manager? If the Jollibee supervisor or manager did not want to give that toy, then yes maybe "it's cruel of them."
I love both on their unique foods and preparations...i love the burger from jolibee and i like the chicken and float which is originally made by mcdo..no need to choose 1 because i love food..and now adays i eat healthy thats why i minimize eating on fastfoods.
Yes, healthy foods are a must. Fastfoods once in a while are okay, just to satisfy the hunger or the cravings:) Thanks, mmgonzales :)
@waya616 (149)
I love both! I love burgers and spaghetti from Jolibee on the other hand I really love Mcdonalds chicken, ice cream and fries.
And I love Jollibee's mascots :) Well, it's good we have these two fastfoods which are loved by us. I for one cannot afford to always go to Max, Shakey's, KFC, Pizzahut and others because they are more expensive and no choices like McDo or Jollibee :D Thank you waya!
@ckciasigurl (1570)
• Vienna, Austria
hi neelia_lyn i like to eat at jollibee because of my favorite hush brown burger , beef mushroom ice cream and peach mango pie i love all this i like to eat it coz its yummy hmmm.... mc do what i like only is there nuggets... and also they say that mc do is dirty because the oil that they are using in fries they are also using in cooking the chicken
Hmmm, you make it sound like you are hungry :) Like what I said, Jollibee has more choices for Filipino stomachs. But they are both good because it depends on the tongue of the consumer. Just don't always eat fast food because they are not healthy foods! Thank you, cksiagurl.
@ygna21 (294)
• Bulgaria
I got no idea what Jollibee is and we don't have it here :( But I love McDonalds soo much!! I can live there and it is like my second home haha I love all of the food there and it is definitely my favorite fast food. If it wasn't so unhealthy I would eat it every day! :)
Jollibee is like McDo, only it has more choices of meals with rice - our staple food in the Philippines. There are already Jollibee in some other countries but maybe just a few. Thank you., ygna :)
@brew2x (3096)
I also prefer Jollibee. For me the food here tastes better. Spaghetti is a bit sweet and I like it that way, I think most Filipinos do too. Also I love the chicken, really juicy. The other thing that I like about Jollibee is their free delivery whenever your bill reaches 250 pesos. Mcdo will charge you 40 pesos no matter how much your order is.
I hope they will continue improving the quality of foods they serve and not always increase the price. Thank you!
@Queen_11 (308)
Jollibee is the fastfood for me because of their delicious and affordable meals. They also know what the Filipino taste buds want. Aside from that, I prefer supporting companies that are homegrown such as this one :)
For most Filipinos, Jollibee it is! Good day, Queen, and thank you for sharing :)
@Aja103654 (5658)
That's a difficult question. I love the french fries from Jollibee, because they are crispy indeed and not too salty unlike the ones they serve in Mcdo. Mcdo's ice creams, ice cream sodas (coke float, etc) and mcflurry are great! I often order them with french fries! Both fast food joints have products that i like, so i can't choose only one of them.
You have said it well :) I go to Jollibee more because of their breakfast meals, though, but not always because fastfoods are not always good for our health! Good day!
@chiyosan (29383)
I like Mcdo as a fastfood. I love them espeially the happy meal and the float and the shake fries... now i don't know what happened to them.. so im really disappointed with this fastfood restaurant.
The float is still much better than Jollibee's. The fries used to be great but now Jollibee fries are much better. Thanks for the response, chiyosan!
@asliah (11149)
for me i will choose Jollibee rather than McDo,it because for me its really more tasty and more bigger the fried chicken of Jollibee compare to McDo,and even the fries is also like that too,fries in Mcdo usually get laps so fast compare to the fries of Jollibee.