I Think Van Halen Should Lighten Up A Bit

@Janey1966 (24127)
Carlisle, England
Karl Pilkington, how I love him so. However, his rendition of "Jump" hasn't impressed Van Halen and, from what I can gather, it's been banned in the US version of "An Idiot Abroad 2." It must be about copyright infringement. How petty can you get. I just think it's hilarious..like everything else Karl gets up to. See what you think. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HImuoT8xcA
I think there are also sectarian bias and exclusivism in the musical world.Why cann't Van Halen have a big heart?
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
I've no idea. It's not as though they're skint. Haha!
@leeloo (1494)
• Portugal
I get that singers are becoming more and more protective of their work as they become bigger and bigger bands, the fact that a lot of their music is pirated makes it that they try to guarantee that their copyright is protected, but these shows actually make people listen to the music and in turn buy the original, so it is actually beneficial for them. The fact that Karl can actually sing is good, though he does look a little lost in the beginning. It is pretty cute, thanks for the video link.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Karl didn't have long to learn his moves and lines. He was "shoved in at the deep end" which was the whole point throughout the "Idiot Abroad 2" series. He's so endearing, I can't help liking the guy. I agree with you, some in the audience probably haven't got the original but might be tempted upon seeing the show in the vid.. Then again they might not lol.
@bounce58 (17550)
Don't know much about Van Halen's reaction about this version, and this is the first time I saw this link, but... while I was channel surfing last night, I happened to see this show 'An Idiot Abroad'. It was where Karl went to a tribe who worships Prince Philip. I thought that it was hilarious when the tribe decided to honor him and give him pants made of leaves.
@ebuscat (5949)
For me it's up to them if they want to be good or not in the way of there business.