Anyone planning on shopping for Black Friday?

@SandeeE (346)
Ohh the joys of Black Friday every years. To be honest I really don't get into Black Friday at all. It's seems like a whole lot of trouble just to obtain something you can probably consider a WANT and not a necessity. But most of the people I know really enjoy it. I think one year if I had the money and the ambition I would like to do it but just once. It's always so cold. You do have to be up really really early or not even go to bed in order to be out there in the really long lines. You have to deal with very rude, immature and mean selfish people all day long. You also have to face lines just to find out what you were waiting for is gone. You find a line to get in and a line to get what you want, then a line to check out. I DONT REALLY LIKE LINES haha. To me it's best that I just stay home the entire day so I don't even have to deal with the traffic. I also feel bad for those having to pull extra long shifts in order to compensate for the extremelly busy days. Anyone excited about Black Friday and why?
@ShyBear88 (16865)
I dont like black Friday. I hated even more when I use to work in retail can you say it was he'll and I never wanted to work that day even though it meant over time at the minimum wage. The sales you get that for most stores stay around for a while and others the prices drop the day after.
@SandeeE (346)
Yah it's def. not a day I look forward too. Working that day I've heard is perty hellasious. But good money wise. My sister works for JCPenny's and has to pull a twelve hour shift on Blak Friday and she def. likes the money but hates the maddness of the shopping day definetely.
@ShyBear88 (16865)
That is why I'm so glad I dont have to work at the mal no more all though now I work all ofthe time till I go to bed. There is no days off from being a parent.
@SandeeE (346)
Oh I know that all to well. I have two teen's and a one year old. I am trying to clean, feed, work, do my school work and be a mama 247. It's def. the hardest job in the world but also the most rewarding in the end. Ya the Mall's have to be absolutely the worst around the Holiday's. I don't go to Malls hardly at all anymore. I really cannot afford to but even when I've had a lot of money I'd still rather spend it somewhere I can afford more for my money.
You can shop all day black friday. I went out one year and the only lines were at the register. There were crowds but no other lines and the stuff was dirt cheap. This year it looks like I will be done Shopping by then. If I want something for myself I may go out. I want to do cyber monday..
@SandeeE (346)
Ya but the best deals or the biggest deals are the ones usually in the wee hours. I do have people that will leave at 2am to shop and don't return until dinner time but have ton's of stuff. Some I know have one item in mind and go for it and then return home right away haha.
@SandeeE (346)
Haha, Sounds like my Step-Mom and father. They both use their own computers. She has one for games, secretarial stuff and does a lot of thing's with pictures. Dad loves to play his poker games on his. Two computer for the price of one is awesome!
@Woody7189 (247)
No, I never shop on black Friday. In fact, I go out of my way to make sure that I don't need anything from the store on that day. I can't believe so many people want to fight the crowds just to get a sale item. Then again, I have never enjoyed shopping to begin with.
@WakeUpKitty (8711)
• Netherlands
What is black friday? Now I am curious. The only shopping I planned is one this or next week because of our 5th December (St Nicolaas) but it's possible I don't even need to do that. I am not that crazy about shopping at all so for fun I would not go shopping either.
@SandeeE (346)
Thank you stowyk for explaining what Black Friday is for wakeupkitty. I am not a big shopper either so again it probably has a lot to do with my lack of excitement for the famous day every year. But again I do enjoy shopping when I have enough money that I can shop w/out restrictions which only happens around tax time which is way after Black Friday : [