Too much computer usage.

Some people sit in front of the computer all day and all night,neglecting all of their daily responsibilities. Technology has gotten a total hold on the lives of some people. Do you find this to be true?What are your thoughts on computer usage?
@BongBron (22)
I think its possibly true. I have been using internet for a couple of years now, and it's only when I learned last year that there is money online. That is the time I started to neglect my household duties. lol I guess I'm addicted to it.
yup, very true..especially for people who are unemployed, just like me.. :p but in my case, i dont really have that much responsibilities as i live with my parents even though i'm a bit old.. hehe.. anyays, using the computer for a long period of time is not really a big deal for me as long as it wont affect your health and your relationships with the people around you..
yes some people afford to stay in front of pc all day it's ok in 21 century everybody is free to do whatever they want is their choice i have a period in my life when pc was my friend but one day i got out of the house and i start doing new things i think some people view pc that only source of recreation and is not good see you soon my friends
I agree that some are too fascinated through the Internet. The Internet has its advantages, and its disadvantages. I know that before I have been the person who was too obsessed with the Internet. I haven't gotten to the point where I am so obsessed that it hinders my daily functioning. I will do things, such as schoolwork and work, that must be done. I will take care of my pets. I think that I do spend a good bit of time online, but I don't see it as an issue since it isn't adversely affecting other areas of my life.
@beamer88 (4268)
I think there's some truth to that. I mean, not only with the use of computers, but technology in general. A lot of people can't seem to live without using a gadget of some sort. It started with the radio, then television, then the personal computers and mobile phones. And now they've wed PCs and TVs in one. Imagine those people who seem to be addicted to using their PCs with the advent of smart TVs. I'd wonder if they'd have a life outside their room :)
@dharanil (319)
mastermind30, Yea, sitting in front of computer for the whole day not only wipes out our responsibilities but also makes our healthy body to non-healthy body. I would say "If there is need you can use technologies and the technology is not meant for addiction".
• Japan
The computer is a very powerful device, that's what I know from experience. Well, I'm really starting to see many time-consuming games on the computer, like World of Warcraft and Second Life. You may see this as someone neglecting their daily responsibilities and not participating in the real world. Well, this is because their life IS on the computer. Many are participating in an artificial, virtual economy similar to the one in this reality, as well as social and political life on the Internet, and this almost reminds me of being in artificial dreams in science fiction (examples are Avatar, in which Jake Sully sleeps to wake up as a Na'vi, and Inception, in which Dom and the crew go to sleep to wake up in a realistic world similar to ours).