Working with a foreigner-boss

@beamer88 (4268)
I hope no one takes offense on this topic, but I really am very interested in knowing the opinions and experiences of myLot members. I've had the opportunity of having an American boss as well as an Australian boss, and I've noticed that discrimination is still strong with the Australian. I mean, this boss of mine rants and raves about how unclean our country is and how we lack intelligence and all that stuff. I'm aware that this may be an isolated case. I'm just wondering if there's anyone here who's had the same experience and how they've dealt with it.
@lampar (7597)
I am sure if you don't have any employment contract with your American or Australian boss, you can always avoid all these fuss and rants using a simple way out of this company. Try to get an employment with domestic employer that will not give you an earful of distaste comments that break your nationalistic spirit no matter it is a fact or not. Problem solve and you can move on happily again in your work life, just don't forget to thank me for the suggestion in Mylot.
@beamer88 (4268)
I think it's unavoidable to have foreign bosses when you work for an international company, and almost always these are the more stable companies and they do pay higher. It's not actually ranting. In business, there is what you call professionalism. What our foreign-boss did was unprofessional. And I think resigning is just running away. The problem isn't solved.
@lampar (7597)
Obviously you have failed to remind her that she is quite an irritating snob and racist from Australia, you need to politely tell her that she is free to go back to her own country if she find that China is so dirty, and if she continue to be bothered by Chinese culture, tradition and low intellligence, let her know that she is always welcome to pack up her company and go home without asking for permission from your communist officials; since you prefer to stay around with a racist for more money and not running away, i can understand that. Or you can even find excuses for her for all her distasteful comments on China.
The only foreign boss i had was a Korean and I hadn't heard any discriminating comments from him at all. I was kind of expecting that but i didn't had that experience. I think we couldn't blame anybody complaining how unclean our country is, but with regards to lack of intelligence that's below the belt. If i had a boss like that, i would gladly tell him i quit coz i deserve something else better.
@beamer88 (4268)
I did, actually. I just couldn't keep silent about it when she was berating a member of my team. And I felt sorry for my colleague 'cause it was her first job and a newbie and prone to make some mistakes. Besides, I also felt it my obligation since I'm their direct supervisor.