Do you ever look back?

Over your past Mylot discussions to see what has happened in your life during the time you've been here on Mylot? I've just gone through a lot of my old discussions for the past few years while trying to find a particular discussion that wasn't showing up when I did a search for it. It was very interesting to see some of the discussions I've started in the past few years. It was interesting to see the different phases I've gone through, like the losing weight phase (wish that phase had never ended! GRR), and the job hunt phase from earlier this year. I came across discussions about family, friends, and annoying people. It was actually a lot of fun to see some of these old discussions. I'd actually forgotten about a lot of things I had done and written about. Other things, I still wish I could forget.. and wish I could delete certain discussions! Do you ever go through some of your old discussions? Is it fun to see some of the stuff you wrote about more than a year ago? What are some things you'd come across while going through your old discussions?
I look back at them but I don't know that I put that much thought into what was going on at the time. I usually look back to try to do replies on my discussions that I missed or bump up the conversation.
You don't really start a whole lot of personal discussions though, unlike me. I'd say about half of mine are personal.
I don't have a whole lot of discussions that I've started to actually go through, but yes just recently I went through my few that I did have. I was surprised to see just how my range of thinking had changed & my life in general in the short time that I joined MyLot.
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
I've done that once and like you, wished I could delete a few I wished I had never written and couldn't find a few I had..mylot deleted a few for me. I haven't been on because my husband had several cancer surgeries this year and radiation treatments been alot to deal with since he still has to wear bandages on his facial area where they removed 40 percent of his face..I didn't even make a discussion on mylot about it..but I should have because alot of people here could have lended me strength and encouragement when I needed it most..sighs.
Oh gosh, I'm so sorry! I can understand why you wouldn't want to share something so personal.. but you do know you have some good friends here also. I did wonder about you and where you had gone to. Mylot seemed so empty for awhile! So, what is next? Are the treatments over with? How is he feeling, and dealing with it all?
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
My Husband - my husbands first cancer removal surgery..they had to go back and take more out even a month later...
The treatments are over and now.. he is still bald in patches where his hair fell out. Doc is talking about him having two more surgeries where the radiation fried his nasal cavity. He was taking a higher radiation dose then most take. Double what most take. We are now waiting on results of MRI's,CT scans and the P.E.T scan He took on 16th. And is being Double checked again on 29th when he does the same testing yet again.. The cancer I'm praying is gone because there is no more for them to take really unless they take his eyes..cancer was right up to his brain..and back to his brain stem and they sewed the bottom area to the roof of his mouth and some of his cheekbones out. and forehead. I have pics but they are disturbing and that is only with the first surgery...and they took more cancer out since the first. He has had 5 surgeries and the doc wants two more...my husband is hesitating on getting them done but they are needed. I still have to bandage his face daily several times a day changing the bandages and cleaning his eyes out and adding drops every 45 minutes since they took his tear ducts out. The photo is a pic my sister in law took on his first visit back to doc because I wouldn't.
hi yes and no.the period from 2008 til now has not been the most happy period of my life and I came here to gold crest the day before thanks giving scared. homelss, parted from my adult son my only family not sure what the hell was going to happe n, wanting to be back in an apart. sadly my son was out of wo rk for most of that preiod and o nly this past year has he really been working and thus he is still at hope haven apt and me here in this very tiresome retirement center where I wish I did not have to be; if my son could afford a two bed room apt I would gladly move out of here but don't know if that can happen yet so those discussions were sad and tragic no no sense in hurting myself going over the heartbreak.
Perhaps in the future when you are happy again you will be able to look back at the old discussions so that you remember how blessed you are for what you will have in your life.
@bounce58 (17526)
Everytime I start a new discussion, I would go on to the 'search' button to find out if there is something similar to it. Once in a while, I would run into my own old-discussion, and it's interesting to see that some of the things that I feel strongly about back then, is still the same. I've also gone through some phases about work and people, but I like that deep down, I'm still the same person. And it's funny that discussions could validate that.
I actually haven't looked through the old discussions that I've started and thought about the things that I've been through in my life since I started mylotting. But just by reading this discussion I can think of many things that have gone on in my life. My husband's battle with cancer is the immediate one that comes to mind. Then there is the fact that I found my best friend again after not talking for over ten years. And who can forget the fact that my best friend's brother thought that Kathryn was his daughter.
@ANTIQUELADY (36489)
I never go through my old discussions. Seems like lately i can't keep up w/everyone's new discussions.
Since I haven't been here too long, it is rather hard for me to look back but I do take a glance at my older dicussions and I do wonder what I thought when I created that discussion in the first place! If I locate an old inactive discussion, I try to never incorporate those same views again because I want to ensure I produce quality, active discussions! I've also used older discussions to mold and format newer discussions! So far, its seemed to work, and I'm going to try my best to keep it that way!
@taura2p (349)
I haven't been on myLot for a long time, I've jsut started. On the other hand, I have been keeping a diary in the past, for a few years. Recently, I have read some of the things I wrote down there and it's amazing! So many things I have forgotten about... And also, I could see how I've grown up, how my values and beliefs were born, how my mentality has changes. I think if you look back, you can discover great things about different periods of your life.
@jillhill (37384)
I don't go through them but once in a while an old one pops up that someone replied to and it is interesting! I think.....gosh I don't remember that one. And it's fun....very fun to look back.
@Theresaaiza (10466)
What amazes me are those from a year or two ago which still earn some responses no matter how long ago they were. That is how I get reunited with my old collections of discussions. I recall the feeling, the place, the situation I was in when I was writing them and they only reinforce my principle that "everything must come to pass" both the happy and sad.
@ChoukseyMK (1055)
good luck; enjoy life. i never look back even i do no read once i write.
@shibham (17025)
Hi.. I started almost a similar discussion months ago about " reading old discussion". Yes, i do read my old discussion and its give me immense pleasure when i get my old friends there missing today. I get my faults or errors and try to rectify myself by reading old discussions. Actually, looking back to old discussion means to be more mature here in mylot. Have a nice time.