I knew it would not take long.

I knew I was upset for something and boy was I right. But,you know I will deal with this and try not to let it bother me. I am so pissed right now I can just bust. But,I am at my sisters house and I don't want to ruin it. My daughter just walked in after being gone all day and she is high. I am so pissed...Happy Thanksgiving to you.
I bet that's the last time you bend over backwards to get her money to come home for a holiday. When Christmas comes she can find her own way back. That's just pathetic. I hate how she jerks you around. I know you love her. I just hate that she brings so much strife in your life when she doesn't have to.
Her Christmas trip is already paid for by the school. I am so pissed I can't find words right now. I am just broken right now.
@sid556 (31005)
Gifts, Are you aware that on section 8, you can get evicted even if she gets busted off the property and they find out about it? yep..if she is on your lease and if she gets busted, you go down too. I know because my daughter got busted on the other side of town and I had to fight the eviction. I won but it was a horrible nightmare of a time. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.
Sid, you are right. I had forgotten about an incident here at my apartment complex. A Section 8 person had a cousin who was high as a kite in her home. Someone smelled it on her, alerted the manager of the complex, and after a lot of fighting in the next week between the complex and the lady who was living there, she was evicted.
@alberello (4755)
I'm sorry, I did not understand why all this anger. However, any inconvenience to you had happened, I hope you have solved. My best wishes.
My daughter came home and smoke when she said she would not.
@stephcjh (32328)
Happy Thanksgiving to you too. I would be so mad about that too. I just do not know what in the world is wrong with kids these days. They have no respect for anyone, not even themselves.
You can only imagine my pain tonight i am so sad over this.
WOW! I was so in the hopes that she would be a good girl. I would be pissed too. What are you going to do? I would be beside myself. Mad, angry, upset, hurt, worried, frustrated, disalussioned, confused, discusted, sick at heart, disspondent, lathargic and depressed.
I have decided to look for a one bedroom apartment. My daughter is not ready to live on her own yet and I am sure of this. But,at the risk of anything it is my only real way to protect myself. I don't want to go down when she goes down. If she stays in school and masters they will help her find a place to live. Also in My se gets her lawsuit and can find a place to live on her own. I hope I am not doing the wrong thing. I am all the above but,at the top of this I don't want to even be put in the position to fight for my apartment. I am not doing anything t break the law.
I hear what you are saying. Not easy for a Mom. You have to do what is right for you now. Your daughter needs to do for herself. We can't take care of them forever.
@WakeUpKitty (8707)
• Netherlands
Let it go since at this moment it doesn't matter if you are angry or not.. it won't change the situation, you only will get more upset. Happy thanksgiving to you, make it your day.
I am working hard on this one. In 6 months she will be 18 and on her own.. So,thanks very much for this.
Since you had your suspicions and worries, I'm surprised you let her leave at all. She's almost an adult now so she'll have to make her own choices soon. As a mother, of course you want her to make good ones and I really hope she does learn on her own without screwing up her future. She was doing really well in the Job Corps.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
What can I say....Darn Darn Darn...this girl need a swift kick in her azz...Now you know she knows better than to do that..she really just done get it or she just dosn't intend to do the right thing...It a shame...you try so so hard to be a good mother and she constantly brings you heartache...what happened with her house guest?? was she high also???? so so sorry gifts... Hope what little you could eat was wonderful....
@RitterSport (2452)
• Lippstadt, Germany
hi dear gifts I hope the stuff will be out of her system by the time she has to get back to the training.
NO it won't because she will get high up to the time she gets to leave net week.
oh gifts I am so sorry. why on earth did she do it? I mean everything seems to be going so good now, and surely getting high is not having fun on a holiday? I hope this all wears off before she has to go back there. I would tell her nurses do not do that because if they do they get tossed out of the hospital on their ear, and if they are specialing a patient in his or her home, the doctor will have a hissy fit if the nurse he depends on come up high. I know she is still a kid, but is this modern thinking that to be one of the teen crowd you have to be stoned ou t of your mind.I cannot blame you for being pissed off. Whatever motivated her to backtrack like that? I hope its not that loser boyfriend .hes too young and too wild to be around her.Hope you can get around it to have a happy thanksgiving.
I was fine the next day and I made a few changes in my life that helped me. I am looking for my own place and will put her stuff in storage. I have to live my life now and for me stress like this is not good. I have to say she has not seen the boyfriend yet and I would love to blame him but,I can't this was all her fault.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
Just because she was home doesn't mean she should have gotten high. She went and hung around the wrong people again, and though she doesn't realize it now or want to admit it, all it's doing is hurting her future. Hope when she comes to visit again she won't go off and do that!
She will be back the 15 of next month and I think she will do the same thing. I hope by may to be in my own apartment and she can be in hers when she gets out of school.
@mr_pearl (5037)
HI there... Kids are like that... Reckless! They do things without thinking.. I am sure your daughter loves you and she was glad to see you. But the partying and fun is an attraction to them which gets them over everything... I hope everything got well.. Take care.. .
I believe this is the case with her and her cousins. It will b fine once she gets back to school and gets more credits. I am hoping for the best.
@yoyo1198 (3644)
If she was high on pot, you all can kiss the Core goodbye. That stuff stays in the system for 28 days. If they test her on her return, she'll be back home. That's so sad that she chose to mess things up. I feel for you, I truly do.
@yoyo1198 (3644)
Oops...I meant the Job Corps.
OUCH! Can't blame you for how you're feeling. Are you able to talk to your daughter, tell her how you feel? What else can you do? Best of luck!
@carolscash (9500)
I can't believe that she was not with you on Thanksgiving Day and I would have told her that if she could not stay clean while she was there then she was not coming home. I would tell her that she was not allowed with those friends anymore and if she left with them again, I would call the police. I really don't understand a child who does not understand that there are consequences of their behavior. I guess I was lucky as I only had problems with my daughter one time and that was that she was involved with a boy we didn't approve of. However, after a couple of lies about where she was, I discovered the truth and she was grounded for 6 months with nothing- car, phone,etc. and she decided that she would follow the rules. My kids also know that I will spank them if I feel that they deserve it. Now she is 20 years old and is very respectful to me and my husband!
@winterose (39918)
oh dear, Now I would suggest you don't give her any money for Christmas give her something else, you know where the money is going to go
@sid556 (31005)
OMG, What was she thinking?? I don't blame you a bit for being pist. Now I can't remember but when she first went in to the school, didn't get a bad p-test and they gave her a 2nd chance? Well, she better hope that they don't give her one when she goes back. That's really too bac. Sounded as if she was doing really good too. I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm sure it ruined your Thanksgiving.
Are you going to take the advice I gave you yesterday, and send her packing? I spoke with my formerly-high step-daughter on the phone today (I think I told you about her) and she's a nice lady, cleaned up her act, but I'm still glad that she doesn't live close enough to us that there could be even the possibility of drama. I still love her, I still talk to her, but we're far enough away that there's really nothing to worry about.
Wow--what was your next reaction? I know you've been having troubles with her for quite some time now--have you considered an intervention? Some times it's better to have everyone that cares about her confront her directly about how her addiction hurts THEM. Or in this case you.
@MsTickle (24962)
I think you must realise by now that she will continue to do exactly as she wants to. She always manages to promise the world then she goes back on her word and she gets away with it. How did she manage to get high? Didn't you know where she was? If you knew, shouldn't you have tried to stop her? You have to be so strong with kids and set them a good example and be consistent with them. Otherwise they will play you. Kids these days who are off the rails are really good at playing their folks.