Homemade or eating outside ?

Hi friends I prefer homemade food more than eating outside . I usually take the food that is cooked at home and take it to my workplace . Sometimes I take from the cafeteria when I look for a change but it is seldom . I feel homemade food is more hygienic and healthy . There are no doubt some high grade restaurants where you get good , healthy and customized food but apart from those joints I rarely eat somewhere else . When I go out with friends for weekend treats I make it a point to visit them . At home we prepare very healthy and well balanced diet . That's our daily routine . We change menu but it's always less spicy and oil free . At weekends I pamper myself a bit but otherwise I am very careful about diets . What about you ?
@dpk262006 (56482)
Hi rolly! It is always safer to consume home made food. I also prefer to take home cooked food to my work place. Even it is a simple meal, I enjoying taking it rather than taking anything from Cafeteria etc. The outside eateries could not prepare hygienic and balance food, as we are able to make at our homes. I am not very found of eating outside food. However, once in a blue moon, we order our dinner from a good eating joint or we dine out for the sake of change. When we consume outside food, we not only pay more but we do not get good quality, as we could get in our home cooked food. We can not come to know what kind of ingredients, spices and raw material do those people use and whether that material is good for our health or not. Good post! Have a nice day!
Thanks dpk for your response . It seems you share the same views I hold . Let not the bluemoon come often in your life Thanks that you liked my post .
@dpk262006 (56482)
I can not stop blue moon coming in my life Nonetheless, I have taken note of your suggestion.
OK your choice A reminder again , don't lose the notebook
@salonga (27955)
Restaurant Foods - How much additives do they contain?
Same here! I prefer homemade food because this is more healthy and I am sure this is clean and not loaded with MSG, food coloring or any unhealthy additives. I am very choosy with restaurants because I know most of them don't serve healthy food. We also do eat in some chosen restaurants though but we do that occasionally only. We would rather just eat the food I myself have cooked and prepared for my family for they are even great tasting and more than that they are healthier.
Thanks for your response salonga . Great to hear we two friends share the same views .
Dear rollylolly, (I hope you dont mind if i address you as dear) I agree with you.Homemade food are more hygienic and healthy.But I do wish for a change (becaus your bosy needs both positive and negative food..lol)and eat out almost every weekend. Weekdays I sincerely restrict myself to homemade food. Somehow I keep telling myself that I will have only homemade food after i cross middle age until then I will enjoy oustide food.Hope I will keep up the words.
Sure dear . Yes sometimes we need a change and that's good for one or two days but as you said homemade food is more hygienic . Don't wait till middle age start taking home made from now . Good wishes dear
lol...so your trying to tell exactly what my mom is telling me.
hey is it ? So after mom now sis
Eating homemade food is a seldom thing for me. I only do it a couple times a week. I eat out, but not as much as I once did. A lot of the time these days my meals are quick, and microwavable. I agree totally with you though my friend that homemade food is more healthy for us. I need to make more of an effort to cook at home and eat healthier.
Yes friend homemade food is much better but in certain circumstances we have to forgo . Especially in our third world country ,as you must be aware , our health conditions and surroundings are not optimum for taking junk food and way side food (as per W.H.O report)so need to be more careful . Thanks for your response
@ardoy0731 (6865)
I like to eat homemade too.It was cook well and taste better than foods that buy outside.But during workdays,I usually buy foods outside the office.I usually bring left over homemade foods for lunch.
Good to hear your story ardoy . Sometimes we have to take outside food under compulsion . Good wishes
@narthan (326)
As a child I was raised in a residential school and I would spend only summer at home since we used have 2 months of holidays during summer before beginning of the next term. Since, then I always stayed out and usually alone as I am a bachelor. even after finishing my graduation while working I was alone and I always had to go out for food. So now I am doing my masters and the same thing continues. I go home for a short vacation which is even less than a week. So when I hear people sat that they like their home-made food I feel like I am missing a lot. Hope One day I will put an end to eating out and I have some-one who cook me a home food when i am back home from work.
Oh that's sad that you miss homemade food . Wish you get it soon after you join work Good wishes friend
@chrislotz (8203)
Love your name rollylolly, not rollypolly I also prefer home made food. I rarely eat out and when I do I try to eat something I don't make at home, like chinese food or viatnamies food (spelling is terrible). I love viatnamies food because of the fish sauce these use. I have bought it in the stores but it just doesn't taste the same, it's too fishy. I even went to one of those special food stores where they only sell viatnamies food but I just don't like it. I ended up throwing the whole bottle away because neither my daughter or I liked it, and it wasn't cheap at around $8.00. So usually we, my adult daughter or I, cook all of our meals. Yesterday I came home from work early so I went shopping and bought a bunch of stuff to make a pot of home made beef soup and a pot of home made chicken soup. I try to make a pot of each every couple weeks and I freeze it in individual packages and I take it to work with me every day for lunch. I don't buy soups anymore since I make my own. Of course my own is much healthier and I use a lot less salt. The salt content of bought soups is the reason I don't like them anymore and make my own. I am trying to cut back my sodium because we all eat too much salt and it isn't good for you. One of the benefits of eating at home is you can control your sugar and sodium levels better and since I have been watching more I have lost 10 pounds in 3 months without even trying hard. Cheers and happy mylotting my friend Chris
Thanks Chris for your detailed response . Yes I have also seen that I lost weight when eating a balanced diet of more vegetables and less carbohydrates . Thansk for sharing your story . Good wishes
@kiran8 (15398)
• Mangalore, India
Hi rollylolly,It is the same with me We eat home cooked meals most days except when we plan and go out for dinner which has become quite rare now. I have no complaints, because when I am in no mood nor are the children in a mood to eat what is cooked at home,I just put it away in the fridge and we order some food , either a pizza or chinese meals.The next day my family is ready to eat anything cooked at home lol...I use very little oil and we eat a lot of vegetables,sprouts and Sea food and less of meat, so I guess it is healthy and balanced. All the best and happy mylotting
Thanks Kiran . Good to hear after a long time . I agree sometimes changes are essential . Good wishes
@Dassodils (2013)
I like to eat homely food...I always eat the food from my home and bring some for lunch...I don't like to eat food from outside...First thing is that we don't know that If they are cooking neatly...I always look my kitchen's neatness...And the ingredients that they use to prepare for the food may be damaged because they are bought before one or two months..I t will damage our stomach and That will affect on our body...In hotel food, they will add a huge amount of preservatives..Now we get fast food..Most of us are attracted to it because of it's taste....But that's not good....I love home maid foods...I will prepare some foods in home on holidays... :-)
Hi Dassodlis ! Good that you are so health conscious . We both share the same views .
@shibham (17025)
Hi rolly.. I really like homemade dishes but my situation sometimes does not permit. I have to live 100 kms away from home having busy schedule, hence i have to take dishes on outside although i am a paying guest to some extend. But sure the hotel is hygienic for sure. have a nice time.
Good to hear that you too like homemade food . Be careful when you take outside food . Take care
@vexxus (708)
I prefer homemade foods they are more tasty and delicious, since the food that can be bought outside is more expensive, though they look healthy I am not sure if they use fresh ingredient to make the food they serve. To become healthy we must eat healthy food, but those healthy food must be made from fresh ingredients too.
You are right friend homemade food is always the most preferable one in reference to health and hygiene .
hi rollypolly I am a diabetic living in a retirement center here in garden grove Cal. I eat what I think is healthy for my blood glucose level and leave what is not on the plate. I do not get to eat out very often and so am very choosy what I eat and where I eat it at. I love to eat ou t occasionally but am particular just what i order as it must be healthy.
Thanks for your response Hatley ma'am . Yes those who have diet restriction must abide by it . Good that you strictly follow it and eat what suits you . Good wishes and regards
@dodo19 (33612)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I think that sometimes it depends on my mood. I prefer homemade, but from time to time I do enjoy eating out. I don't like eating out a lot, mainly as it does get expensive after a while, but there's also the fact that I also enjoy eating a homemade meal.
Hi dodo nice to hear you . It is true that for a change outside food tastes good . But homemade is always a better choice .
@MandaLee (3738)
Hi Rolly, My Mom is a fantastic cook. I prefer Mom's homemade cooking over the food that I would be served in a restaurant. The food that my Mom makes is not only much healthier for me, but homemade food always tastes much better too.
Ya Amanda I agree mother's touch is always . I too love to eat the food cooked by my mom . Nice to hear your mom cooks very well and you enjoy homemade food .