Are you feeling the Christmas spirit yet?

MY christmas tree - Christmas shopping is on the rise
I put up my tree and my stockings. I was so tired after doing this I went right to sleep. I have a picture of it here. I can't get tit to show right lit up but,I have that picture as well. I am don shopping for the most part. All I need three gifts but,I can get them later online. Maybe I will catch a sale. I am so enjoying these candy canes in different flavors from walmart. There may be none left next month.
@bagarad (11796)
• Paso Robles, California
Cute tree. We haven't had a tree since 1990 -- the last Christmas my son was alive. Without him there to help put it up and take it down and add to the fun, it would have been just a tree and extra work. We never have the Christmas dinner and family here anyway -- it was always at my mother's or brother's house. We don't have room for one since we moved here -- the house is just too small.
I know what you means about small a tree can't even fit here. So,we stick to table top tree.
I don't really feel it yet. We will go out and look at lights and then maybe I will. When it is tough financially it isn't very spirited. Hope that changes.
@Monkeyrose (2850)
No I'm not feeling the Christmas spirit. Due to lack of funds I will be away from my family for Christmas. I live up North in the Yukon and they live in Vancouver. It is also snowy and very very cold here. Its -40 almost every day now. I'm not a big fan of the cold. I'm up here to save money. I also don't celebrate christmas. I am wiccan and celebrate Yule.
Yes. I already feel the spirit of Christmas. The cold nights, shining Christmas lights, lanterns on houses and different colorful Christmas decors. Even during the start of the -ber months we already hear Christmas songs as we pass by on the streets. Truly, the spirit of Christmas will always be cherished by everyone as a preparation for the coming of our Savior.
Oh so pretty! We don't have our tree up yet. I hope we will have ours up before long. I love putting candy canes on the tree. It looks so pretty with them on. I hope they get the tree out of the storage building soon. They didn't put it up last year. I want it so bad. I would love a tree up all year long. That's how much I love a tree.
I'm so not in the Christmas spirit yet. I'm not really sure WHEN I'll be in it this year. We usually put our tree up mid December or so, just depends on when the kiddos want to put it up. I haven't bought a single present this year either :( But oh well, the spirit will get here at some point LOL OH and BTW the different flavored candy canes and GREAT! I love them!!
@dodo19 (32571)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I don't know if I really in the Christmas mood yet. It's usually difficult for me to get into the Christmas mood when it's not quite December yet. Usually, it does come when December arrives and such, which will be soon enough.
@Rosa26 (2620)
Nice picture! I dind't buy a christmas tree, because I don't like them,and I already bought some gifts to my family,I am so happy because I am going to New york to see mom.
@olliekobra1 (1826)
I am not feeling the christmas spirit yet as i feel its still too early though where i live the shops and bars are already putting up some of the christmas decorations. There are also some houses that are putting up christmas decorations but i dont like this too much as i feel it cheapens the occasion.
@RitterSport (2452)
• Lippstadt, Germany
hi giftsandbagscom, no I dont really feel any Christmas spirit. I did all the shopping, wrapping, packing and making ready to send because its expected that I do it.If I had left it up to my husband who does not work yet ( he will get back to work Jan 2nd, wonderful then he wont have all the day long to play his silly facebook games any more)there would not be a single gift here let alone one measly Christmas card written to anyone. I am so glad that I am through with all this except of the E Cards I intend to send. I got to prepare them and make them ready to be sent out 24th as I have to get back to work 19th and get home no sooner than 23rd.......... I am drained from all these additional chores and am glad that I can recover for almost a year now.
@inertia4 (27605)
Well, not as of yet. I know I will be feeling it this coming weekend when my children come for my birthday. My son told me that he wants me to put up the 9 foot pre-lit tree I have had for a few years. I used it once and then my marriage broke up. So I have not put it up since. I did buy me a little table top tree that is pre-lit and I have been using that one. But my son wants me to put up the big monster. I will think about it. If I do I will post pictures. I also used to put up a village under the tree years ago. I still have all the houses and things in the basement. Maybe if I decide to put up the big tree, I might decorate with the village.
In a lot of ways I'm already feeling the Christmas season, but in other ways I'm really not yet because I have a lot of things to do before I'm really able to feel Christmasy. My daughter's birthday is this weekend and we really like to keep her birthday and Christmas separate. My husband also has a doctor's appointment on Friday that I'm concerned about. Finally, this Friday is the one year anniversary of the day that my best friend's niece and nephew passed away and I want to be able to help her through that if she needs me before I switch into full blown Christmas mode.
@bnsp09 (258)
I am so feeling the Christmas spirit! I love the holidays! We already put up most of the lights on the house and will hopefully be putting up the rest of the Christmas decorations this week! My soon to be in-laws are coming for a late thanksgiving dinner on Saturday and we'd like the house to be decorated. I love the lights, decorations, the music and the more friendly spirit of everyone at this time of year!
@TrvlArrngr (4058)
Yes, the radio station that plays only Christmas music is helping - lol.
@aimhrea (181)
hmmm a bit...as there is no winter here, people usually "automatically feel" the christmas season when the "-ber" months come in; carols are played on the radio by the first of september. another thing that makes it feel like christmas is when it starts to get colder than usual. but lately, weather hasn't been cooperating. its just been a day or two since the weather got colder, and people are more keen on the holidays being closer :P
@GemmaR (8526)
I will admit that I am feeling the Christmas spirit at the moment, and I am looking forward to the day itself in just under one month's time. I have wrapped all of my presents and am going to put my tree up in the next week or so as well. I like Christmas, because it means that you are able to spend time with your family that you might not be able to see all that much at other times during the year. Christmas Day is normally the only time where everybody has the day off to be together as a family, so it's very important that we can make the most of that.
@alberello (4755)
Certainly at my age I live Christmas in a different way than when I was a teenager, or even earlier. This is not only for the Holy days, but also to everything that involves the preparations for the Christmas holidays.
@JenInTN (27565)
Not yet...I am hoping I perk up about it soon. I usually put my tree up on my b-day which is on the 2nd of December. Maybe once I put it up I'll start feeling a bit more festive,
@Triple0 (1907)
I'm not in the Christmas feeling yet, no one is right now, even my friends haven't starting buying gifts or putting up their Christmas tree. I don't have a Christmas tree anymore but I do have trees that point up like Christmas trees. When it's December and I'm in my school holiday break, my Dad tends to put up Christmas lights solar powered and wrap them around our trees outside. At first, we used tinsel but then we discovered solar powered lights so we simply stuck them outside and the solar panels sucks up all the sunlight and by night time, all the lights would be on on their own. A way cheaper way to celebrate Christmas and pimp up your home. I can't wait for Christmas cards and those yummy candy canes! It's fun driving at night during December as all the houses have their lights up. It's awesome to catch a very beautiful house full of the Christmas spirit. Makes night driving more entertaining! But right now, it's still November, too early to celebrate just yet.
@ardoy0731 (6865)
The Christmas spirit is all over here now.Since September, there are lots of people started to put Christmas decorations.Now there are lights everywhere and I saw lots of Christmas tree too.