We Canadians survived our first Black Friday

@Masihi (4227)
I suppose over the years many Canadians have been crossing the border to take advantage of the Black Friday sales, so our retailers (understandably) launched Canada's very first nation-wide Black Friday event, although our discounts weren't as big as the American retailers' discounts and our lineups were quite so long. http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/11/25/black-friday-canada-style-we-enjoy-low-key-more-polite-sales-without-the-pepper-spray/ According to this article there is a stark difference between the 2 countries, but I'm kind of undecided. I really am put off by the mayhem that happens in the USA, and I certainly don't want to see it here in Canada, but on the other hand we should be able to have access to lower discounts as well. The article also mentions Cyber Monday, and I think that's probably is the safest way anyway for the discounts. I bought many of my Christmas gifts from Ebay and Melaleuca and saved money and gas right then and there. I may purchase a few things online on Monday, not sure.
i like the idea of everything being online...even I have been able to take advantage of these sales here in australia...Sears sends to Australia too I am hoping to even start doing my grocery shopping online to save even more money.
@Masihi (4227)
Na, I'd rather do my grocery shopping at the local supermarket :-)
I don't mind going to the local supermarket but i have heard that it's heaper to buy online too...I'm gonna check it out
I didn't bother to do any Black Friday shopping at all. We're getting so Amercanized. So I guess Canadian retail will have 2 big discount days during the holidays - Black Friday and Boxing Day.
@Masihi (4227)
Yes, that's true, and I'm afraid Canada may get the same mayhem as our American neighbours are getting (in the future, that is).
I have never heard of it. It is my first time to hear that there is black Friday sales. Is it a seasonal sale agenda from the local market. They sell stuff with cheaper price, don't they ? I don't shop and don't wanna spent my money to buy things unless I really need ones. I don't like crowd and queue as well.
@Masihi (4227)
It's mayhem, I'm not sure if the stress is worth it because the people who shop are so rude. I think shopping online would be better.
@Bluedoll (17054)
I didn’t know the first nations were having a sale. Is it called the wig wam event? – joking Not been paying much attention to this fry day stuff or paying much at all but I got a glimpse of the black get the economy going buy it howling charging hey hay get out of my way I just got back from the usa or was it LA, on the properganda television and it didn’t seem like a friendly event to me, looks more like a protest raid but the picture in that link you gave from your local wall mart out of virgin e eh seems more realistic . . . wow looks like that Christmas tree will have company in front of it again this year... thinkin’ mine will be stark naked . . .
@Masihi (4227)
LOL that Black Friday stuff has ruined so many lives in the US.
I think I am going to khols to see what I can find. I also want to shop online at hollister,bath and body or aeropostale. So,I need to take some time to think about it. Khols is walk distance and looking around won't kill me right.. LOL I don't like window shopping at all.
@Masihi (4227)
I'm not much of a shopper anyway, unless it's something I need to get - or YARN! I normally don't mind crowds as long as I'm free to just mind my own business or have access to customer service, and now that I knit, even long lineups don't bother me because I'm standing there knitting a dishcloth
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
I have never had the pleasure of going to a shopping frenzy Black Friday event. Never have the money really so I guess that atleast I am not entering into a place that I can end up with black eyes and end up with bodily harm done to me if I pick up the last of something..lol..I would love to get the deals though which is why we are starting a Christmas fund in January. Some would rather take a chance at swimming in a shark infested tank then face Black Friday..lol