Can a boy and a girl be just friends after they break-up or??

Well the following happened to me... I was going around with this gal and we were in fact in love with eachother, but one fine day there was this turn of events and her ex-boyfriend came back into her life and she got back to him, but we still are good friends and all that but this has caused a lot to weaken in our friendship!! What i want to know is can we be just friends and nothing else... what all does it take?? Does it take a lot of selflessness from one's side and thats it?!! Is it worth while doing what am trying to do, to still be there for her in her tough times if she needs me ?? Is this too much i am bringing upon myself..?
@blueman (16513)
i think so if they understand each other.
sometimes, but i think most of the time it would be akward
@sbeauty (5870)
You are bringing a lot of stress upon yourself. I think you need time away from her to get your own life back together again. If your relationship with her was meant to be, it will still happen. You don't owe her anything. My stepson was going to get married. Right before the wedding his fiancee told him that her son's father was back and she wanted to be with him. My stepson should have learned something from that, but he didn't. The other guy took off again, and my stepson stepped back into her life and married her. They had one child, but his wife didn't keep house, didn't want to work, neglected the children. He ended up divorcing her. He'd have done better just to move on after the first time she left him for someone else.
If some girl got with her ex, I would not want to talk to her or see again. It is just asking for trouble.
@icequeen (2842)
Okay...so she left you for her ex-boyfriend and you still want to be around her? Don't you feel hurt and betrayed? I would not want to be around her. Let her boyfriend take care of her..and you find someone who won't hurt you.....
@cloudv2 (221)
I think they can. Nothing stops them from being so.
nope...they cant.... the feeling just creeps in...
@hdbueg (611)
I hope so. I know that it would take some hard work to make it possible.