Do you have cultural events in your office?

@ram_cv (16516)
In my office, we have these regular cultural events like plays, treasure hunts, competitions etc. We feel that this is important for team bonding and team building. Do you have similar events in your office? Do you find it effective? Cheers! Ram
@Graceekwenx (3163)
In our office, we are required to do community work annually. We have had tree planting activities, help buidling houses and visiting foundations.
@ram_cv (16516)
That is a wonderful initiative. Do all team members participate. Or is it some selected people only? Cheers! Ram
Not everyone does this. I for one dont join because i find it physically straining... I hope you wont think im lazy but its just that those arent my forte.
@ram_cv (16516)
I can understand that. That is why we tend to have a variety of events to get more people to participate. This also helps people know each other in the organization. Cheers! Ram
@deliar (609)
in my office, we get some events like that everymonth,. the events are ,like hiking in a team, solving a puzzle game in team also etc. those events are particpated by all of workers, so it really increase the socialization each workers.. with that evets, we can more understand each other, we can increase feeling of brotherhood, it also build a better team work. sometime, in workplace, the team for a job is divided just like in the events. because, the management think that it is more effective because we have understand each other in team well. so i think that it is really effective. cheers.
@ram_cv (16516)
Wow, these are good events. I think such events definitely increase the bonding amongst the individuals. And it all finally contributes to the team building. Cheers! Ram
@deliar (609)
Yes are right ram, team buliding will be raise significant and rapidly. i think that the events should continue for the next time, and i think, the management shoul find another events, for improve the another skill. cheers.
No not really. We had a contest and I was one of two that Actually participated. I don't think they are effective. Silly me, I think work is for you know Work!
@ram_cv (16516)
If there were only two of you who participated, then you actually finished in one of the medal spots. :) But my personal experience is that there is usually a lot of bonding which happens with cultural events. Cheers! Ram
I came in second. I guess I'm odd. I go to work to work. That is the reason I'm there, not to bond. There is a bond but it is over work.
@ravisivan (14055)
I served in a Bank. We had such events very rarely because it is difficult to get all the people in one place. Such events will improve the understanding among the employees. good day.
@ram_cv (16516)
Yes, in the good olden days it was not really required. Because there was enough of a social life for individuals and they used to meet each other outside of the office. But now a days with the kind of working hours people have, they need to socialize through these cultural events. Cheers! Ram