Person Behind the Mask - How Do I Picturize?

@thesids (22448)
Bhubaneswar, India
Hi friends For a change, it wasnt a Nightmare but a really sweet dream. I wont get into the details as it would be a page and no lotter would be interested to read a page of text, I know that. So here is the summary of that dream I went to meet a fellow Lotter (one of my dearest friends) in South Africa. I met the friend and we together waited for another Lotter who was to arrive from Galiano (somewhere in Canada). And it was a great time to spend together. But... (always creeps in with me) The point is - Both of them DO NOT have their own Pictures as their Avatars and I havent seen their Face anywhere. I even dont know whether the names we used to refer each other are the real names or not... But then I have framed an Image of all my friends here a Mylot... Difficult and may be many a times wrong, but I have. What About You? Have you ever thought how the Real Person Behind the Avatar looks like? Have A Great Day. theSids.
@jaiho2009 (39034)
dear sids, Honestly,my revelation is not a dream, but a nightmare with eyes open wide. This torment drives me crazy for many days after knowing that few (i hope not everyone) who I count/believed to be real friends/family here in mylot is/are not true. Sorry- this may sounds too personal- but, my hug emoticon is missing this time. I hope you do understand....I want to know and want to feel who really are my real and true friends/family here.
what is keeping you to sit back jai? you can always count on some hand full of people around here as your real friends.
@jaiho2009 (39034)
khare dear, I found out, (not sure how many) are not true/honest with having friendship...and that hurts
@thesids (22448)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi di I am sorry that I hurt you anytime. (I know the last post from a friend does create a sense of doubts) but then as you say - some are foul players and it makes no sense to get all others standing with them. Not sure about others, I can vouch for myself and I am Genuinely our bhai.
@enelym001 (8333)
hello thesids, A while ago I am thinking about changing my avatar here and putting my real photo But I saw this discussion so I stopped and checked it first. It was nice to know you're even dreaming about fellow lotters here But many times the first pictures lotters have uploaded here as their avatar is what I think how they really looked like in person. Not the cartoons like I have here, I really don't look like a crowned potato Sometimes I picture them out on how they respond to topics. If they seem to always answer really well and intelligent. I am seeing them as a person who are really good looking. 'Though I know, we cannot trust the avatars here. Who knows, some may be posting their cousins/friends photos.
@jaiho2009 (39034)
hello enelym, I use to put my real photo (anyway- this is my son in my profile pic) and posted few photos in my profile page as well. I am always honest and real everywhere. I never keep my identity secret- because I don't see anything wrong posting my real photo. I want to make friends-real and true friends and posting my real photo is one way to show that i am real.
@tamirs (1808)
That is right jai,Show them what we got.. :-D So enelym, post that picture and do not hesitate.. :-D
@jaiho2009 (39034)
suny, what's funny?
@tamirs (1808)
Many times i do that sid. Everytime i answer in discussions, i am figuring out how one looks like.Many a times i don't believe in the pictures we have here in our avatars.I know that, sometimes they are true but can't figure out which of those are true.So what i do is, i make a picture of each one of you using your comments and discussions you make.. Just like what you are doing.. Example is because Jai told me that you love lollipops and chocolate, i thought about you like you're toothless :-D And since Jai is so bubbly,i picture her as "all-smiled lady" and because Saph gave me a vodka on my first week here, she remains to look drunk to me all the time.. :-D
@thesids (22448)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi tamirs i make a picture of each one of you using your comments and discussions you make.. These comments and discussions do say a lot about us and they have definitely made me seem to be the real me (and I really love the chocolates and lollipops but I am not yet toothless.)
@tamirs (1808)
True enough.. :-D About the tooth,ammm, ill see what i can do to change that :-D
@tamirs (1808)
ok.i believe you.What are friends for.. :-D
Hi Bhai! I'm glad you had a good dream and you are wrong , I would love to hear about your dream in detail! Anyway, I never try to figure out what my friends look like. actually many like you my dear Bhai, use their pictures as a avatar.I assume my other friends are like me, too shy or private to use their picture . Or they don't like Any of their pictures .I'm too busy trying to get to know them better.
@thesids (22448)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi behen Read this late... never mind, Will send off the detailed dream via the email. I agree that many dont show up their pics on Avatars and I have no issues. It is always the thoughts that count... and I know my behen - she is a loving and caring person and that makes me happy
Oh Bhai! One of my best days was the day you said yes you would be my brother. And another was when Bahu Knew about me and accepted me into her family sight unseen! I can't tell you how grateful for both of you. Ok , I have to stop. This is Way too mushy.
@sid556 (31018)
Hi Thesids, Yes I do this all the time and also when talking on the phone with someone. I'm quite often...more than not actually just plain wrong. So tell me,Sids...how do you picture me and I'll let you know how close you are. I picture you to be medium height, dark and handsome. Am I right?
@thesids (22448)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi namesake you caught me Honestly, I always though you were another me around... someone, who is like me. Maybe something to do with the similarity of the ID but whatever. You should be tall, and a person who is simple. Then one day, on some discussions, I found you were a lady and since then I think I have to re-do the picture that I have for you on my mind... quite difficult and the lazy me.... so I still stick with my opinions For me, I am 5ft 11in. Weigh only 48Kilos and dont think that the skeletal frame that I have will look handsome to many
@sid556 (31018)
hi Sid Actually, you really are not far off. I am 5'7 1/2 " and I weigh in at 118 lbs so pretty lanky and not too short. I don't consider myself to be a simple person nor do I consider you to be one from all I've read. I do, however, lead a rather simple life compared to some people and yet it's not boring....at least to me it's not.
@yspmyl (3438)
Hi thesids, I did! I always wonder and trying to imagine how everyone here look like, what they are doing everyday and where they are actually staying. All those really make me so curious about everyone here. Most of us are wearing a mask here except you and some others who use their real picture. So, I can only imagine thorough the information from the discussion they have started ore responded and with the pieces of information gathered after a long time, I have got some picture about how someone are doing everyday, what type of work someone is doing, what is their interest and what are their hobbies. I think at least some of the wild guess are correct.
@thesids (22448)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi Yspmyl Well, Thanks dear. I have no masks and am what I am reflected in my responses, discussions. But yes, they chose to remain behind one and I have no worries and issues as I like you believe that faker cant get away here. The kind of discussions that we have at MyLot definitely will reveal the kind of people they are no matter whatever they type or whatever be their avatar. Though this is quite a time-taking process as you too mention but I am pretty sure if the discussions are followed for a while, you come to know what kind of a person the responder or a starter is.
@viju0410 (2286)
hi Sid, I have not uploaded my photo as Avatar yet and I see many friends are also like that, some with flowers or other pictures. I try to imagine them but never know if there should be any similarities between my imagination and the real Avatars. Also I have never met anyone from my lot so no idea how other persons look like.
@thesids (22448)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi viju I am quite sure that we all get to kind of making images about anything or anyone we find interesting around. And the same happens at mylot too. Like you I havent met many, just one - having the id: Professor and he is much more than his avatar portrays... a perfect personality quite beyond what I had imagined of him... Okay, so let me ask it another way - if you were to meet any one lotter of your choice, then?
@khare_1005 (1311)
hey sid, i too have many a times thought about the faces of people i am being responding here but pictures are never so clear. i try to co relate with the people i know in my real world. some of the friends from here i have found on mypage and on other sites too and now i know there faces too but i must admit, the faces don;t match even a bit to what i have imagined unless and untill you get to see the real face behind, its extremely hard to guess upon.
@thesids (22448)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi Doc Okay okay.. So much study on people. Now tell me about me. Give me some appointment... I will meet you (oh you will also have to make it a package offer for me - the tickets, the stay, the treatment and all )... and after spending so much you will know some faces do match
@momof3kids (1903)
Its nice if the avatar shows the real person, if that is the real person that is. And yes I do imagine how the person who avatar does not show looks like. Especially the nice ones. The not so nice ones I dun care. As for myself I dun like how I look so I do not use my real picture. I do like myself though.. I am complicated that way.
@thesids (22448)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi m3m You know one thing that I firmly believe? - Moms always look so very great and loving and your name says it all. Complications? I have found you simple enough for me and I am happy that I have a great pic of your in my mind.
@shibham (17025)
The south african is saphie for sure but no idea on the Canadian. Well, either the person behind the avatar is ugly ( dont wish to show their face) or very beautiful ( dont wish to hypnotized others). lol What do you think?
Good morning...I am the Canadian, and consider myself now allocated in a special way...that I shud be so lucky to be visiting thesids! Sorry, but in my world..ugly is a cruel word! Some of the most beautiful things in the world, don;t always come in the prettiest of packages. I chose my avatar as it is the final resting place of my father...and find it peaceful and I connect each time I see it!
@thesids (22448)
• Bhubaneswar, India
@Shibham: Mamu who cares about the Physical Looks? Me... I never believe in anything else than purity of heart and honesty. Both, mentioned in my dream, I know for sure - whatever they may look like, they would be like one of us - and they have an additional quality too - they are pure at heart and honest. And reading the response from my dear friend from Canada - I chose my avatar as it is the final resting place of my father...and find it peaceful and I connect each time I see it - I doubt many of us will have that kind of feeling for our parents. I know, you are among the Honest ones too and that is one reason we share our phone numbers
We are familiar with the acronym WYSIWYG but this is only restricted to data entries sadly. The avatars do not tell a story and neither does participation about how a myLotter would look. It would be futile therefore to even try and imagine how a myLotter looks.
@thesids (22448)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi allknowing Knowing you, I have always found you are one of the kind of people who are blunt. why? Because you always speak the truth and facts. A person who is practical and somewhere I feel that this Practicality has come up due to some issues at your end. Maybe I am wrong, but that is how I draw your picture in my mind. The Avatar one, has nothing to do with what people think. It is the responses and how you interact. I 100% agree that all of us can be wearing masks when responding but then, how long can be anyone behind a mask when we get so many personal discussions
hi the sids what a nice dream. So far I have only met one mylotter in reality but it was a wonderful meeting and I was so happy to have met her. she looked much as I had pictured. I am a writer, unpublished but with a vivid imagination.I have pictured you as tall , slim and good looking. I have other pictures for other mylotter friends.Needless to say I have sort of pictured a lot of my favorite mylotters that I have never met.[
@thesids (22448)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Dear Ms. Hatley I just found you on FB. Sent out a Friendship Request too. I know you have written about life of yours and your hubby which is great and really awesome. I am blessed reading that you have picturized me and that too 100% correct. I am tall (5ft 6inches) and slim (if you can call a skeleton as slim )
It's amazing that you were able to dream of those you haven't met and don't even have a clear picture of what they look like. I have never wondered how these people here in mylot look like behind those avatars. I am more concerned of their personality through their writings. I really don't care much of the how the people i've met online really look in person and sometimes i try to avoid picturing them out. I'm scare that my opinion of their personality might change because i might judge their physical appearance.
@pergammano (7756)
I feel like a stripper now...and have to "bare" it all...LOL! You have outted me..thesids! I promise you...computer classes will be coming to our local school..I will gleen all the computer savvy I can...and post a pic, so you will know what "the Gremlin from Galiano" looks like! But dang...fantasizing is SOOOOOO much fun!!!
@thesids (22448)
• Bhubaneswar, India
At last... I wanted you to be here and yo here you are... For the computer class... That sounds so very great. I dont know if that was fantacizing but I feel so very close to you... Wish you all the best for the computer course.
@thesids (22448)
• Bhubaneswar, India
I forgot the main thing Ever since we have met and started sharing, I have always looked upon you as my elder brother. I am the eldest in my family and always needed to feel the presence of an elder brother around. It was going that way with our friend who went missing and today, it is you whom I can look up as an elder brother. Hope that you wont go missing and be there for me
First of all, dear one...Can I be your older sister? I will...and can be the (senior?????)mature sibling, that will always be a soft place to land! Don't know whether you read my response to "reallysuny" but treacherous winds came to "disorient" my world...a whole different way of thinking when a new potential disaster invades your world! I am quite adjusted to the "rock and roll" of earthquakes...but the winds kept us "totally isolated" for 5 days! No Ferries..boats or seaplanes! I will always be here..FOR YOU! Now a serious question...have you had any contact with our dear Scandinavian friend..fjaril? I do not wish to plague him any further with PM'S BIG HUGZ!
@JenInTN (27565)
Sure...I have wondered before. I have never really tried to follow up on my curiosity though because I understand wanting privacy and I respect that. I think I have seen certain avatars and though about how they have related to the person too. Like if it is a rose I know they like roses or if it is a unique picture I think of how creative they are. Me...I just use my picture. I thought about changing it a couple of times but haven't yet. Take care
Jen...just love your picture...one sees your wonderful heart, your beautiful demeanor, with that big, big beautiful smile of yours!!!!
@thesids (22448)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi JenInTN I have always wanted to be your kid the next life. I dont know whether you believe in re-births or not... but the loving mom that you are is reflected in most of your discussions and I have always this thought when I see your charming avatar around
@JenInTN (27565)
to both my special friends...the kindness the two of you show to me is overwhelming.