Priorities! Your family...

Update on previous discussion. My sister's house remains in a state of disrepair. Last weekend, again, I got left with all 3 kids while my partner went to help with my sister's house. I didn't get anything done. Tomorrow I thought I would get lots done, the kids are home for a teacher union strike; and he has agreed with my dad to go work on my sister's house all day. Without even consulting me. HELLO?! I thought a man's priority was his OWN family. I really need him here. I have told him and he doesn't see what the problem is.
The NUT's out on strike? Ye gods, it's like the 70s/80s all over again. You know what I think of your man from previous conversations... but in this case I can understand. He's out of work. He's under pressure. Along comes the opportunity to do something outside the house. I'd suggest trying to look at it as a positive thing. It's a project that feels like work to him. It'll wake up the parts that have gone semi-dormant from being stuck at home, out of work (not that that's a negative necessarily but he's obviously used to being the one who goes out to put food on the table, as it were). I know it's a cow because it's come at the wrong time but there's definitely a positive side to it. Obviously if you can get him to realise you need him around at times, that's cool, but I can see why he's enthusiastic about "going out to work". At least he's not blowing all your money on Xbox crap while he's doing that.
I can understand that, but I think a lot of it is that he admires my dad and wants his respect, so he does everything my dad asks of him. There could also be the fact that my dad has offered to pay for him to take driving lessons and enrol on a course to qualify as a plasterer of course! lol
All I can do is at that. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me!
@sizzle3000 (3040)
It's just a thing. My daughter has this problem with her own husband. They have fought about it often and have come close to seperating because of it. Now that she is getting ready to move down with me he's starting to help her out a lot more. That and he's learning how to help evryone but put her first. And believe it or not they've only been married for a year and together for 2.
@jaiho2009 (39079)
Talk with him dear. It's fine to help your sister,but you also need some help. I hope your sister will not feel bad though.
@rencarl (620)
hello there.try talking to your partner again because we men are sometimes poor in detecting the needs of our partners.he may find you annoying if you will scold him or yell at him. try to be gentle and be as intimate as possible when you ask something from him.we guys like it.
@lilaclady (28270)
I would not be happy with that either, why can't he take you and the kids with him and maybe make a day of it...time with his own family is the most important thing.