Why do some people behave the way they do?

We all know that mutual respect in the workplace is essential. It is not beyond our awareness and that is something that is primarily taught when we start our job. Inspite of that there are people who forget to conduct themselves in public, sometimes even in front of kids who are supposed to emulate their elders, or in front of D-staff. No matter what the personal differences are,we should never allow our minds/ negative emotions etc, go for a sixer. Do u agree? My point is, as adults are we supposed to reminding ourselves of the same?
There's always a bad person in an office. He/ she maybe so arrogant that they think they are the best. Or he/she may be the gossip monger of the company, making gossips about her officemates. And when we meet them, let us be guarded with our emotions, lest we will act like barbarians.
Imagine, bearing up with them everyday...It's like always dreaming, how will it be if they are absent even if for 1 day? The day goes well without 1 person, but if the person has his/her friend, then the absence is hardly felt...
Someone has to take the initiative to correct them. Usually it's the HR who can deal with such people. Here in our office, an attitude like that would be given a disciplinary action. Specially me, i would definitely report it to my boss.
@chiyosan (30206)
sometimes there are just events or happenings that prevent us from being the same person as we know we are - like an initial reaction to a certain idea, etc or sometimes when we do not even know how we reacted. Behaviors can be altered, especially if we are able to contain our emotions, often times it is just our emotions that we are not able to contain that we sort of deviate to another behaviour that may appear unacceptable to others.
That's where I think Mylot comes to our rescue...:)
@bjc66bjc (6745)
Hi aparajita...There are so many trifling individual in the world.. Its sad to say but there really are. I really do believe that some people do wrong because they don't know better and I also believe that jusy as many people don't do better because they just don'want to do better,,,They just don't care who do or don't like it. They are just like I said previously TRIFLING..
I take that phrase 'they don''t know better'....wonder why at all are they here when they can't better themselves at all...well time will heal I suppose....but the moment is lost, gone forever leaving that indelible mark, isn't it?
@jaiho2009 (39001)
Because people who are bossy thinks they know it all. And they are always right- they way they behave and everything and no one has the right to correct them- because they holds a higher position (duh)
It is not that always they hold a higher position. Even seniors who are eldders behave in that way...why at all they forget that what can work out at home with some people cannot work out in the workplace?
As adult we are supposed to be good role models. We are not supposed to be immature or act out in the work place. We must at all time use professionalism and always represent the company with the utmost of taste. Now days there seems to be alot of laxity in the rules and people who act immature.
@davaome (1828)
i agree. but some people really can't stop doing things that they normally do. maybe for them, what they do is OK but in the eyes of another they are making a fool of themselves. i have worked with people of different culture and different origin, and i have learned that you just don't do things irrationally, but you must be very careful of what you say or do because others may think you have insulted them, while you were thinking that I was just doing what i normally do.
@jjzone44 (917)
Because unfortunately, some people just act that way. They feel that their actions are important above all others. It demonstrates a lack of respect for other people, not only children but everyone. All of us at some point experience an impetus that causes us to lose control to some point. We try to tolerate before we react, and we also try to limit our reaction to only that what is deemed a necessary response. Some people don't do either; they have a much lower tolerance before they lose control, and they don't really care about limiting their reaction. In fact overreaction is normal for that segment. Usually they will try to blame someone or something else for the outburst, when in reality they are the only ones that deserve the blame.
@banta78 (4335)
Yes ideally we should behave, show respect to our elders and be good to others. But in reality, our perceptions and actions are largely influenced by our egos and selfishness. People are quick to find motives, get impatient, annoyed and hurt. We all need to look within and not let our unreal fears and negativity ruin our lives. Need to increase our awareness and act responsibly.
@jazzyrae (1747)
I agree with you but everyone dose stupid things