Would you ever get your mans name tattoo on you?

I want another tattoo and this time I wanted to get adrian's name on my arm. I was so ready in my heart to get the tattoo. But,my head won't let me put a man on my body unless he was my son. I have my daughter on my arm and that is my only tattoo. I was thinking about a cartoon that reminds me of him but,that would still not work for me. I am wondering if I would ever be comfortable doing this. What about you??
@enelym001 (8333)
No I won't, maybe that's because I am not comfortable with having a permanent tattoo on my body. If I am into tattoo, I would only put a man's name if I am sure that he is the type that won't cheat me. Of course it will take a lot of time to figure that out, maybe when I am so old and feels he will never leave me.
I don't think there is a way to know for sure he would not cheat on you. I would never think adrian would break my heart like that but,I could never swear on him and say he would not either. Thanks.
@enelym001 (8333)
Yeah that is true gifts.. hmmm if only there's no cheating I hope every couple never leaves each other.
Your a gem take.. care..
@bjc66bjc (6745)
No way would I get a man's name, a cartoon about a man or anything else tatoooed on my body.. I have a port inplanted because I don't have any visible veins to draw blood or to get injections. I refused to get neeedles,,lots of them for unnecessary names or cartoons on my body...Besides when you get old those tattoos are going to look horrible...think about you will get old, your skin will not be smoothe forever, they will get winkle..Go to a kids party or a carnival or fair and get his name painted on you....LOL
I saw this old lady wo had them on her head and she was bald. it looked terrible on her. I know what your saying as well..
@winterose (39918)
no first because I don't like tatoos and second because it is a man and well that is too iffy.
I can truly understand that one.
@dodo19 (33640)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I wouldn't really feel comfortable getting my husband's name as a tattoo. As much as I love my husband and we don't plan on splitting up, we just both don't feel comfortable getting each others' names as a tattoo. I guess it's just in case we do end up splitting up. Again, it's not something we plan on happening, but sometimes you just don't plan on them happening.
Adrian and I both want each other on us. He has none right now and it ould mean so much to me if he got my name on his body.
@tessa9 (1086)
I will never tattoo a guys name in my body. Not even initials. I don't want to have a tattoo in the first place. I also don't like if a guy will tattoo my name in his body. I think it is bad luck. Even if we are married or something, I still don't want it. I make that clear also to the guys that I have dated. I just don't see the appeal. I of course respect those who likes that but I guess it is just not my style.
That is good that you can stiff respect others with them. I am still thinking of getting one.
@mayka123 (10824)
I am not a great tattoo fan and am not comfortable with putting any kind of tattoos on me. Have seen tattoos on others and found that some of the cartoon tattoos did look good but not for me.
I would love winnie the pooh or corious george.
@lilybug (21148)
I have never really wanted to get a tattoo. I have never liked something enough to get it permanently attached to my body. I don't think if I ever decided to get a tattoo it would be the name of a guy I am with. You can always get a tattoo covered up with something else later, but I wouldn't want to go through the effort.
The pain alone is not worth putting anything up there. I will be getting one when the fear slides down..
@velvet53 (17418)
• Palisade, Colorado
If I did it would only be my two sons names. I can't see putting any other mans name on my body. What do you do if things don't work out and you have a boyfriends name tattooed on your body? That's not for me.
@jujunme (2440)
I hate needles so,no i wouldn't get a tattoo for anyone.but since you already have one, maybe having his initials put on your arm would be a good idea. Remember though, any tattoo you put on is permanent so i would think about this for awhile.
@varier (5699)
I don't really like tattoo at all. So, I will not place any tattoo on my body. And also, I don't want my partner put any tattoo on her body. It is personal taste, but I think just skin, without any picture, would be fine..
@thatgirl13 (7307)
• South Korea
I would get my man's name tattooed on me if I really wanted to. But there's this superstition that if you get your man's name tattooed, you're gonna split. I don't know how much of this is true but I don't think I'll take the risk. How about just getting the initial of his name inked?
@gloryacam (5546)
Not that we're wishing it to happen, but what if things would turn sour. His name will be forever in your arms. And if you remove it, it will leave scars. I remember Johnny Depp tattooed Wynona's name somewhere in his body. I don't know if he still has it there.
No, I don't think I would ever get a man's name tattoed on myself. I mean, even if I got married and stayed married to a wonderful man, he could die. And I could remarry. And how weird would it be to be married to my second husband with the name of my first husband on my body? If a person is going to get a tattoo of someone's name, you are right, it's a better idea to get one of their children's names.
If it were henna, well, why not? But if it were permanent, heck, no! Permanent tattoo is just not my thing. I heard you can't donate blood anymore if you have a tattoo. Aside from that, I sometimes get moody. What if there comes a time when I dress up for something and the tattoo does not match my outfit?
@mr_pearl (5037)
Hi friend... You should do it if you are comfortable with it. It is really cute that you've tattoed your daughter's name. If you're comfortable with Adrian's name, then go with it. I'll tatoo my wife's name, if I ever get married... :-)
@JenInTN (27565)
Oh no...not for me. Tattoos are forever and men sometimes aren't. I wouldn't want to have to walk around with my guy's name on my hiney or something forever after he was long gone. Maybe you could just do a symbol that made you think of your relationship...if it doesn't work out, then you could just change the meaning of the symbol..lol. Good luck.
Though tattoo is an art, for me it doesn't look clean when it's on my skin/body. About a man's name, never at all. I can appreciate tattoo on other people. Good for you that you have your daughter's name as a tattoo, I think your a loving mother.
@bagarad (12747)
• Paso Robles, California
I would never get any tattoo, period. First, I hate needles. Second, I see so many people with tattoos in odd places and I wonder why they seem to need them. Someone had a tattoo behind her ear and it just made it look like she needed to wash. She had another on her neck. I guess I don't see why, when God made our skin to be lovely in itself, we need to decorate it. For me, it's like telling God what he made just isn't fancy enough. I see men with their entire backs tattooed walking around without shirts -- and not just at the beach. Unlike most fads, when tattoos are no longer fashionable, you will still be stuck with them. As someone else already pointed out, they may not look half as good on old skin as young skin. Also, I can't believe all that ink is really good for the skin. If others want to decorate themselves, it's their choice, of course. But it's not for me.
I HATE needles and pain so I would never get a tat on me period. My husband got my name on him and he wanted me to get his name on me but I told him no way I cannot handle the pain. He got his 5 years ago and we are still going strong so I don't think you will break up right after or anything silly like that but I don't want the pain! Lol, I'm a big baby I know.