Can someone please tell me what the mylot reputation works

@davaome (1828)
I had a reputation of already 9 then, just today it decreased to 8 and know it's back to 9. please share information to a newbie like me :) thank you
@phillyguy (3008)
are you asking why your reputation fluctuates? the reason is our reputation is based on the ratings that our fellow mylotters give to our discussions/responses/comments so it's just normal that our reputation changes so if you want to have a higher reputation you should make your responses/comments very useful to the topic being talked about because if you do that fellow mylotters would likely give your response/comment a positive rating.
@taomoney (649)
Opps, thanks for let me know about it. Then, should we keep a habit of press those 3 little icon?
@phillyguy (3008)
uhm yeah using those 3 little icon is important but we should be responsible using it.. but you can't rate right now since your using rating is just 56.. you need to reach a user rating of 100 (or 200? I hope someone can confirm it coz I am having a memory gap right now) before you can start rating posts..
@mysdianait (64068)
We can use the rating system after we reach 100. By that time we should have read up in the FAQs how to use it. http://www.mylot.com/o/faq/faq17.aspx#1
@Bluedoll (16816)
“If you have no strong opinions either way, you should not rate the topic, response, comment, or photo. Many actions are indeed "neutral" and should not be rated at all.” - http://www.mylot.com/o/faq/faq17.aspx Rating is a community activity and not all members may be using the system correctly. It is an indicator though. If you look at the faq’s it can help you understand the system call DRS.
@katie0 (5212)
• Japan
That clear up things, going to read it right now. Thank you.
@davaome (1828)
Thank you for your help.
@telmesh (1793)
The reason your reputation varies is because your on the boarder line of 8 and nine. If you hover your mouse over your 9 rating you will find that your on 89/100 which is just above the change point of 88/100. If people have not positively rated you it will drop please rate all that you read and hopefully all will rate you.